I'm a drifter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aralitia

The Fly
Drifter - One that drifts, especially a person who moves aimlessly from place to place or from job to job.

I am a drifter, I always thought I knew what career I was aiming for and really wanted to get to university, now I'm here I really don't like it as much as I thought I did, I don't see the advantage in going. I'll be in about ?10, 000 worth of debt when Im finally finished then my course is taking an extra 2 years longer than other people and I feel it would be better if I started working now. I really love what I'm studying, classes can be a bit boring at times, but I'm usually quite enthusiastic and started working this year but since Christmas and getting off for a break I don't want to revise for my exams, I don't know what career I want now because I have changed my mind, I think maybe if I had a career choice picked I might want to work because at least then I'm aiming for something, now I feel like I am just coasting along *shrug*

Aralitia.

Aralitia said:
Drifter - One that drifts, especially a person who moves aimlessly from place to place or from job to job.

I am a drifter, I always thought I knew what career I was aiming for and really wanted to get to university, now I'm here I really don't like it as much as I thought I did, I don't see the advantage in going. I'll be in about ?10, 000 worth of debt when Im finally finished then my course is taking an extra 2 years longer than other people and I feel it would be better if I started working now. I really love what I'm studying, classes can be a bit boring at times, but I'm usually quite enthusiastic and started working this year but since Christmas and getting off for a break I don't want to revise for my exams, I don't know what career I want now because I have changed my mind, I think maybe if I had a career choice picked I might want to work because at least then I'm aiming for something, now I feel like I am just coasting along *shrug*

Aralitia.

:hmm: I had the same basic conversation with my 16-year old tonight...I was shocked that he and none of this friends have chosen a career or what they want to do with their lives....is this common? he's only a high school jr. and he has no idea what he wants to do....where's that leave me??? am I responsible for him until ??????? :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom