I'm a binge smoker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bbug

Acrobat
Normally I hate smoke, but when I get really stressed out, I smoke like a chimney. Eight cigarettes today so far (seven of those in the last 2 hours). I am not proud
frown.gif

I smoke like a chimney when I can bum like a mooch.

Other than that, I don't smoke.

------------------
ooh eee ooh ah ah ching chang walla walla bing bang.

[This message has been edited by HelloAngel (edited 04-22-2002).]

I am a little more than a pack a day. But they are Ultra Lights so my smoking friends make fun of me and say it doesn't count.

Originally posted by Naya:
You're essentially spending money on something that deteriorates your health.

Not that I'm defending the habit whatsoever, but to be fair, have you ever purchased any type of junk food?

My entire family smokes. I'm the only one who hates it. Like Naya, I can't understand it at all. But I never will and it certainly isn't my place to tell people what is right and what is wrong. All I ask is that they don't smoke near me and don't smell like smoke when they come back.

I hate cigarettes. I never understood that habit. It's a waste of money. You're essentially spending money on something that deteriorates your health.

Cigarette smoke makes my eyes all red, and the smell stays on my clothes and hair. It stinks.

Though I did date a heavy smoker for a year and my best friend is also a smoker.
icon40.gif

[This message has been edited by Naya (edited 04-24-2002).]

sorry to hear that zoney. i fear that is going to happen to several people in my life long before they should meet that fate.

Originally posted by Lilly:
Not that I'm defending the habit whatsoever, but to be fair, have you ever purchased any type of junk food?

I was thinking the same thing.

------------------
When life hands you a lemon, say "Oh yeah, I like lemons. What else you got?" --Henry Rollins

Originally posted by Lilly:

Yes, yes I have. But I try to do that as least as possible. But when I eat junk food, it doesn't deteriorate the health of the people around me, like second hand smoke. I also don't eat junk food 3, or 10 times a day. I don't think the comparison is fair.

I'm not trying to condemn smokers. It's their choice and I can't really do anything about it. I just feel that it is a nasty habit that can also involve the people around you. What I simply don't understand is when adults smoke and they have children. I knew a woman who was a smoker and whose baby was prematured, yet she still smoked like a chimney around the baby. That simply baffles me. But they're old enough to know the consequences of their actions and I can't do anything about it. I'm simply stating that I'll never understand why people smoke, after all the warnings that there have been.

------------------
And time is a string of pearls...

I don't often smoke. I hate it. But for some reason, when I'm very very drunk, I'll have a few....
and regret it the next day. Ballerinas shouldn't smoke.

I'd like to give up . I hope today is the day, maybe.Soon, later, soon, later...

Back
Top Bottom