I'm 27 and Still Have No Idea What I Want To be When I Grow Up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's my problem: I know what I want to be, I'm just doing something totally opposite! I've changed programs five times in my first three years of college (General Science > Computer Science > Digital Communications > Business > Business Communications). Now I'm a business communications major, third world development minor. My job is computer/printer/AV equipment repair. And what to I want to "be"?.....a veterinary technician. :huh:

I agree with dandy about talking to people in the fields you're considering and professors at the university/college where you'll be studying. :up:

I'm almost 25 and don't know what I want to do either. I have a BA in two totally useless subjects and 2/3 of a MA, and am in a job I'm way overqualified for with no prospects for advancement. I'd love to be a veterinarian, but there's no way I'd get accepted into veterinary school. I've thought about trying to retrain as a veterinary nurse, but it would be really expensive and time-consuming, and I wouldn't be able to start for another year. I really don't see any future (career-wise) for myself if I stay in England and have little hope of ever making more than £20,000 per year (I currently only make £8,000!), so I'm thinking about moving back to the US and going back into government/political work, but even that is easier said than done since it's not just my decision, and would cost thousands of dollars and take months to process my husband's visa. :sigh:

Back
Top Bottom