I'm 22 years old, just out of college, no job, no girlfriend, tons of debt.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MissVelvetDress_75 said:
i'm 28, haven't finished college, swimming in debt, but i have a good job however it leaves me no time for a boyfriend. :|

hey, fast forward 1 yr later. only thing that has changed is that I am now 29! hey how about that! :wink:

i can't believe i posted in this thread almost exactly one year ago. :ohmy:

life still sucks.
oh well...

I like your post too Salome. :up:

I think when people are less than about 24 years old they are treated very badly by society in general. Add on to this the whole 'I dont know where Im going or what Im doing' that all 'youngsters' go through and it just aint a happy time. Tis good if you can follow Salomes advise. Tis easier when you are older.

Hmm...I think about my life between last year and now. I was more optimistic than I was in 2002, but there was still a lot of uncertainty about life. I'm still uncertain, but I feel as if I have much more to live for.

I'm ultimately glad that I went to graduate school, as I graduated from Michigan State University with the most banal of skills. I had the technology down, but none of the artistry. Plus, with Emerson College being more art-motivated than technical, I've run into a bunch of students with little grasp on the technology, and, hence, often unable to make their vision a complete reality. I now have a greater appreciation for the technical mind that MSU imparted on me.

By the time I graduate, I should have a very good grasp on both video production and Maya 3D animation. I should also have a basic idea of how to implement 3D models into game engines. While I still feel like I have a lot to learn, within a year, I feel like I am far more prepared for the real world when I, eventually, will be forced to enter it.

I guess the purpose of my post here is to say that, if you are determined enough, you can try and make things happen. If you don't feel like you amount to anything, education or skills-wise, maybe it would be wise to investigate going back to school, with the mindset of getting those skills.

Melon

i'm 16, a junior, not in debt..........yet.

have to look at colleges soon, so the debt will come soon enough.

whatever

There is one thing I've learned in life so far:
Nothing ever happens the way you expect it to.
I've certainly had my share of loss, depression, let downs, and struggle.
However, these days I choose not to think about those anymore.
And try to carry with me the good times.
May you all have your own good times carry you through as well.

<~~ 19, sophomore in college, over $20,000 in debt, full time student, working full time when not in school, no idea what I want to do when I graduate (besides moving SOUTH), can't even marry into money if I wanted to (j/k!) b/c neither I nor my dad can afford to pay for a wedding...

:|

I'm 24, have a HBSc degree in Immunology, and then feeling uncertain about it, but not wanting to go to med school, I chose to continue on with Biotechnology, which is the fastest growing science industry at the moment, so I suppose financially, I've mad the right decision.

I do need a job right now with school, and that's frustrating me. I also just "broke up" with a lunatic whom I was never seeing, yet he felt he was seeing me. I nearly lost my mind over that. Good riddance.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
this thread shall never die...

and for an update a year later... i'm now 23 years old, a year out of college, have a job with crappy pay, no girlfriend, and still tons of debt... yeaaaaa...

but you got your sympathy :up: ;)

I think i'm going to be in the crappy, no job, loaded with debt, no boyfriend position when I graduate next year :huh:. Not that i have money, a job, or a boyfriend now :|

21/junior at michigan state university with a degree in beer management.

all i want to do is move out to colorado and ski and drink coors lights. all i can afford is a twelver of coors light from work.

i've had a girlfriend at one time or another for the combined total of 7 months. i'm not broke yet, but i will be soon.

i'm lonely, there's a pile of dishes my roomates girlfriends and them left for me to do. i hate everyone and everything.

but it's amazing how fast you forget all the good that's happened in your life isn't it?

fuck em i say, pass the stroh's.

"Happiness comes in small doses, folks. It's a cigarette, or a chocolate chip cookie, or a five-second orgasm. That's it, okay? You cum, you eat the cookie, you smoke the butt, you go to sleep,you get up the next morning and go to fucking work! Okay, that is it...end of fucking list!"
-Denis Leary

sorry, I just thought that was funny....

Back
Top Bottom