Im...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr. Green Eyes

War Child
Road Trippin' Across The Universe to Zoo Station
gay, there I said it. Not that there's anything wrong with it. Anyway, you all are the first to find out, though my sister has been guessing for a while now, no one else knows. And here I am telling everybody on Interference. I plan to tell my friends soon, and maybe my family within a couple of months or something. So, yeah, that's my confession.

Cool :up: thanks for comin out to us! Good luck with tellin your folks! Hopefully it'll go over well. I can't share any personal experiences, but I have studied loads of psychosocial development theories for gay youth. Let us know how it goes!! :)

I wish you all the best with your friends and family and whatever else you have to face. The best kinds of "confessions" are when we are honest and true to ourselves.

Good Luck with telling your friends and family....and you know so what something like that should not come as a surprise anymore to anyone.

Good for you for taking a big step in your life! :up:

Mr. Green Eyes, you are welcome here with open arms. It does not matter to me, what gender you are, it's the person is what counts. And I feel that you are a very caring person. I have serveral gay family members, and some friends as well also who are beautiful beings. On a sad note I lost my closest cousin to aids, and I was the only one in the family who supported him. I really do miss him, but I know he's in a better place, where he is not suffering with this horrible disease.
My only hope for you is, that your family and friends can be as understanding of what & who you are. A beautiful person. :hug:

tiny dancer said:
Mr. Green Eyes, you are welcome here with open arms. It does not matter to me, what gender you are, it's the person is what counts. And I feel that you are a very caring person. I have serveral gay family members, and some friends as well also who are beautiful beings. On a sad note I lost my closest cousin to aids, and I was the only one in the family who supported him. I really do miss him, but I know he's in a better place, where he is not suffering with this horrible disease.
My only hope for you is, that your family and friends can be as understanding of what & who you are. A beautiful person. :hug:

Thank you, that was so nice. I'm sorry to hear that about your cousin, at lease he had you to help him out. I'm sure that he is in a better place, looking down at you, and smiling, proud of you. Your words very touched me, thank you from the bottom of my heart.:hug:

Good luck telling the family. I grew up in a family with two lesbian mothers so I have a lot of empathy for what you are going through coming out. (Trying to tell other 1st graders at an inner city school why you have no father but two mothers can be very, very hard. I was "in the closet" about my family for years in grade school)

I too have gay cousins and friends and their sexuality doesn't bother me in the least bit! In fact they are some of the nicest and most caring people that I have ever met :).

Tiny I am so sorry about your cousin :hug:

Hi Mr Green Eyes. I've read your other thread about being hearing impaired and you sound like a brave, level headed young man. I'm sure that your family and friends will embrace you when you come out to them too. :)
All the best, be strong and true to yourself!:hug:

The other night Caron's choir (South Coast Chorale) performed at the Gay and Lesbian Center here in Long Beach. The choir is GLBT with a few hetero's tossed in there. But they performed a Christmas carol about coming out at Christmas. If I can get the words I will post them for you. It was cute and I thought of you. :up:

Mr. Green Eyes said:

Well, I just told a friend, over AIM. And he took it well, said that it was 'kind of surprising, but still not a big problem.' One down, the rest to go. Plus the family, of course. Wish me luck!!

:hug: I wish you luck!!! he/she must be a good friend :hug:

The fact that you are gay does not define you!!! and it doesn´t mean that you are better or worst person :hug:

Hope everything goes fine for you :hug:

Coming Out on Christmas Day
(to the tune of "Hark the Herald Angels Sing")

I intend to drop a bomb
On my dear old dad and mom.
For this year, without a doubt
Is the Christmas I come out.

First I`ll get their full attention.
Then slip in a subtle mention:
"Tasty turkey! Perfect Peas!
Could someone pass (I`m gay) the cheese?"
That should do the job okay
When I come out on Christmas Day.

Oh say can you see it now
Watch my parents have a cow.