If there is one food I can't stand it's...........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Meat ----I define that by anything that had a face I won't eat :| (I've been a vegetarian for almost 19 years). I eat any dairy or eggs but anything else that is part of an animal I can't eat. :yuck:

Bananas have to be the most disgusting thing in the entire world aside from anything with meat.

I'm very weird with food. There's some veggies I can eat raw but not cooked or cooked but not raw or I'll gag. :barf: :gag:

Peanut butter has to be the greatest food ever made. It's all I need :kiss:

cottage cheese. :yuck: It smells good, I want to like it, but I can't get past the curds. :shudder:

I also just can't get past the texture of sushi. I want to like it but I can't stand the texture. :barf:

Sushi :barf: I only like my foods cooked and dead with no sign of life.

Ham, olives, tomatoes, mystery meats like the processed packaged lunch meats :yuck:

licorice, oysters and gross cheeses that smell like BO such as bluecheese :yuck:

I am one picky eater!

one4u2 said:
Sushi :barf: I only like my foods cooked and dead with no sign of life.

Me too but I LOVE Sushi. I dont eat any of the raw stuff. There are tons of other rolls and things that are cooked.

Sicy said:
I only like fish if its breaded :reject: Fried foods :drool:

:lol: Same here!

I love Indian food... of course, me being Indian helps. :slant:

I cannot stand the smell of tuna, salmon or any canned (raw) fish! So I've never even tried eating them! :yuck: Same with sushi since it's raw. Not a big fan of peanut butter but I don't 'hate' it. Not a big fan of mushrooms but if it is ground and mashed into a veggie burger, I don't mind. :wink:

i'm a picky eater, so I can't even think of all the things i don't like but here's some:
mayo
mustard
ketchup
cauliflower
fish
broccoli
fake orange, banana, or watermelon flavoring
licorice
fake cheese
hotdogs and sausages unless they're barbecued
coleslaw
barbecue beans
meat that is stuck to the bone or has any visible veins and whatnot in it :gross:
cooked carrots
foods that were originally intended to be hot, but are cold (ex. spagetti)
cheap frozen food
pickles

Irvine511 said:
the one weird food dislike i have is shocking to many people: i don't like milk.

sure, i like 1/2 and 1/2 in my coffee, and i'll have skim milk if i were eating cereal (though i prefer soy milk), but i'd never sit down and just have a glass of milk.

When I was a kid I loved milk, but at about 16 I stopped drinking it and can't stand to drink it now. I can eat it with cereal but I often eat ceral dry or with soy milk now, and I don't mind it in various recipies. But I can't drink it straight anymore either.

Not a fan of fish or seafood of any type. Never have been.

Can't really take very hot (spicy) food as I think it masks all other tastes. I don't mind a little kick though.

Other hated foods:

- eggplant
- peppers (i don't mind a bit ground up in certain foods for taste, but I don't want to bite into it)
- okra -- I really hate food that slimes :yuck:
- tomatoes -- I LOVE pizza, spaghetti, lasagna, chili, etc, etc, with sauces using tomatoes, however I can't stand raw tomatoes or large chunks of cooked tomatoes (partially because of the slime factor). I tend to use a lot of tomato sauce, paste or very finely chopped tomatoes when I cook.

I'm sure there are others, but this is a good start. :)

indra said:

- tomatoes -- I LOVE pizza, spaghetti, lasagna, chili, etc, etc, with sauces using tomatoes, however I can't stand raw tomatoes or large chunks of cooked tomatoes (partially because of the slime factor). I tend to use a lot of tomato sauce, paste or very finely chopped tomatoes when I cook.

I have the exact same thing!! Some people don't really get that, but I do... And luckily you do too!! :)

I also don't like 'filled' vegetables, like peas, corn, or beans... Those fillings! :yuck:

Last edited:
Shrimp. Might have something to do with the fact that I go into anaphylactic shock after eating it. ;) It's not pleasant when your throat swells shut and you get chest pain after eating a measly piece of shrimp. :no:

Diemen said:
Shrimp. Might have something to do with the fact that I go into anaphylactic shock after eating it. ;) It's not pleasant when your throat swells shut and you get chest pain after eating a measly piece of shrimp. :no:

Ummm that doesn't sound pleasant lol. My youngest sister breaks out in a rash whenever she eats it.

I don't know what I would do if I couldn't eat shrimp :drool:

Liesje said:

Someone please explain WHY you would want to eat this?!?
dutch7medd.jpg

I have never really got what the big deal about drop is, it just tastes the same to me as other liquorice. I've eaten enough of it but I still think it tastes pretty ordinary. :uhoh:

I like it though. My favourite is a 97% fat free soft (really, really soft) New Zealand liquorice. It's the only type I'd actually buy a pack of. :drool:

As for foods I can't stand I think it would have to be tomatoes. They are awful. I'm like Indra, I love tomato based things and even cooked tomato but raw tomato is just awful. I don't really like serrano ham either. Can't think of anything else :hmm:

I'd chew my right arm off if it got me to Indian food - any form of South East Asian food...:drool:

As for hating ---

Eggplant (grossest thing I have ever put into my mouth...)
Courgette (Zuchini)
Corned Beef
Tinned Seafood
Cous Cous
Tofu (or any form of meat substitute...)

I've no problem eating any form of meat - In Vietnam, I ate dog, and probably other forms of animal sold as chicken :)

Thats it.. easy to please :)

Coconut :barf: I seriously have a coconut phobia. Shredded coconut just disturbs me, it's like eating flakes of wax. I also don't like looking at whole coconuts, they're so hairy and weird :yikes: And that one part in Pirates of the Carribean 2, when Jack spears that coconut on the skewer thing, and it's leaking milk :huh: I was cringing in the theater.

As for tomatoes, like Indra, I don't mind eating stuff with tomatoes in it, but I can't stand raw tomatoes, be it slices or chunks (or chunks of them in cooked sauces). They're just so icky, for lack of a better term. I'm always careful to order salad and sandwiches without tomatoes.

I also don't eat green beans. I'm not even sure why :shrug:

And I've never eaten fish or any kind of seafood. I don't plan on starting anytime soon either. And it annoys me when I tell people that and they go "Not even tuna?" as though tuna aren't fish.

i don't get all the people who don't like eggplant, it doesn't have a very strong taste. I like it and i don't care for most vegitables.

I also hate brussel sprouts and asparagus :yuck:.

ILuvLarryMullen said:
i don't get all the people who don't like eggplant, it doesn't have a very strong taste. I like it and i don't care for most vegitables.

I also hate brussel sprouts and asparagus :yuck:.

I guess its just one way for me to rebel against my italian family.
Everytime I remind them I don't like eggplant, they say the same thing all the time. "What kindaof Italian are you". :rolleyes:

i love Indian food most of all as well as Italian :drool: :drool: i'm a curry addict&love hot and spicy food!

I also love coconut, all nuts, mushrooms, mash&most fish!

What i hate is liver, kidney, anchovies, salad cream, prunes, liquorice, sweet&sour stuff&grapefruit :yuck:

Melon. I hate melon.

Cabbage is also boring, but apparently good for you.

And Lettuce! What's the deal with lettuce? Does anyone really like lettuce? Aside from being a cheap filler for sandwiches and salads, it's the epitome of blandness!

I love lettuce yes! Lovely&crisp&yum! :drool:

Some i've seen in shops isn't all that cheap either actually :|

Back
Top Bottom