If A Guy Has Bad Taste In Music, I Immediately Lose Interest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Popmartijn said:

So... aren't Ryan and Bryan the same person? They do share their birthdays, don't they?

:mad:

You're lucky I have a weakness for Dutchies. Give me all your Stroopwafels, and no one gets hurt.

:wink:

well my ex didn't like music at all *GASP* so it didn't really matter what i played in the car.

the bf before that liked metallica. :barf:

Well, because of my obvious love for U2, if the guy doesn't at least tolerate U2, I would have some serious issues.

That being said, my taste in music is pretty ecclectic and so I haven't necessarily had a huge issues in this regard.

Though if anyone (male or female) says they like Creed or Nickleback, a boyband, or any other type of bad music, I immediately question their sanity.

PS ... I actually like Enya ( :reject: ), however, I have no use for Yanni.

None of my friends likes U2. They tried to start U2 Meetups here and they never got enough votes for a meeting, so the whole thing fell apart. Birmingham is just an overblown hick town if you ask me. :mad: :madspit: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Bonochick said:
:mad:

You're lucky I have a weakness for Dutchies. Give me all your Stroopwafels, and no one gets hurt.

:wink:

:love:

*did always consider that a fun fact to tease the Adams fans*

At one point in my life I had horrible taste in music. I mean, you guys would laugh if you knew the kind of crap I listened to. But my boyfriend ( now Hubby), just kept on playing his CD's. Within a year or two my music tastes completely transformed and evolved. Today I love music as much as he does and we have the same taste.

So there is hope. If you like everything else, you may want to give the person a chance. Just don't let them listen to any Yanni around you!

"...It's no good pretending that any relationship has a future if your record collections disagree violently or if your favorite films wouldn't even speak to each other if they met at a party."

I used to think that the kind of music someone listens to reflects their personality. But now, i don't think it's that simple. I know really intelligent, thoughtful, "deep" people who like bubblegum pop! I think people just look for different things in music. Some like it to reflect how they're feeling, some like escapism etc. Also, what is "bad taste" is a matter of opinion. Some people I know think those who like U2 have bad taste, cause U2 are "too pretentious and commercial"!

It doesn't matter how wonderful a guy is...if he has bad taste in music, it's just something that can't be worked with. Music is a serious issue though...it's huge! Surely people here can understand...

----

how can someone like creed and yanni? that's two types of shit...you're not supposed to cross the streams.

Khanada: :lmao: !!!

BC: OMG. I am SO THERE. :up: Music is SOOOO important to me, and I think tells a lot about a person and their personality in general. I have a good friend who is stuck in the Classic Rock/70s era crap (Bob Seeger, Lynyrd Skynyd, even freakin BREAD for crying out loud) :no: :scream: and she makes me INSANE whenever she drives because that's all she plays (and even sings along to it as well, gah!) Worst of all, she knows NOTHING about U2...in fact I think she once told me she didn't know who they were...I about hit the floor! I was shocked--SHOCKED I tell you! :shocked: Bad enough with a girlfriend, but I can't *imagine* being with a man who I might spend the rest of my life with, having to succumb to a musical selection like that - life is too short!

A guy I dated many moons ago came home one night (I was already there listening to his stereo). Milwaukee radio had just discovered Missing Persons ("walking in L.A."). I thought I'd died and gone to music heaven after living on a musical diet of...well, see my friend's musical tastes above--for years! He walked in the door, heard the music, turned off the radio and said: "Turn that crap off!" :mad: I knew it was pretty much over at that point.

On the flipside, I once dated a guy who had the COOLEST CD collection...yet I never took any opportunities to tape any of them for myself! :banghead:

Very telling, music is. So go with your gut, BC... your shining knight in a U2 t-shirt is out there somewhere! :yes: :heart:

Last edited:
Discoteque said:
I have a good friend who is stuck in the Classic Rock/70s era crap (Bob Seeger, Lynyrd Skynyd, even freakin BREAD for crying out loud)
hey, not all classic rock is bad! i will admit though, i hate all the bands you listed. i'm more of a rolling stones/fleetwood mac/etc. kinda fan. i always listen to the CR station at home, work, car. except for new duran duran and U2, i don't even know what new is out these days!

icelle said:
if the guy i was dating liked other types of music it would be ok...just as long as there's no sappy country music involved. that i can't deal with. i would kill him first.

:lmao:

The first time BAW rode in my truck back in 1989, she had to suffer through my "cassettes" of George Strait, Sweethearts of the Rodeo, Roseann Cash and I can only suspect Lyle Lovett and a few others...she also had to get used to kissing a guy with a big Belt buckle and cowboy "voots"....:lol: and tight-Wrangler jeans!!!

With the years, out went the music and the clothes...!

Mr. BAW said:
:lmao:

The first time BAW rode in my truck back in 1989, she had to suffer through my "cassettes" of George Strait, Sweethearts of the Rodeo, Roseann Cash and I can only suspect Lyle Lovett and a few others...she also had to get used to kissing a guy with a big Belt buckle and cowboy "voots"....:lol: and tight-Wrangler jeans!!!

:crazy: :crack: :sad:

tis true I'm afraid

With the years, out went the music and the clothes...!

:bow: :applaud: :heart:

You think you got it bad? Whaddya do if you discover, years and years after you managed to ignore it, that your spouse truly appreciated Meatloaf, Foreigner, Journey, and such stuff?
Do you go back and listen for yourself (painful as that sounds?!) or take his word for it that it was truly 'bittersweet' to hear the irresponsible almost-connection (i.e., lusty hormone-driven angst) of "paradise by the dashboard lights" and "cold as ice" and ohmygodinheaven "life goes on, long after the thrillisgone" jcm (isn't he re-releasing?!).
Now that's terrifying, in a bad way:ohmy:

I guess I subjected him to billyjoel, and the prescient forme perhaps lyrics like "as we stand upon the ledges of our lives with our respective similiarities; it's either sadness or euphoria":(

Headache in a Suitcase said:
what if the guy dries his clothes in an oven? do ya lost interest then?

Of course not! :wink:

On hot summer days, I chill my clothes in the freezer I put them on. Ahhh...

Back
Top Bottom