Idiot Moment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Liesje

Blue Crack Addict
Yep...I'm missing my driver's license, my work ID (which is a swipe card), and my debit card. Last purchase made w/ debit card was dog treats, Sat. morning. However, I used my work ID three times yesterday which means all three cards probably fell out of my pocket at Home Depot last night and I already called the courtesy desk....no dice.

Guess I'll be waiting in the Secretary of State line...

:rolleyes:

Liesje said:
I just need my damn license! I got places to be tomorrow, now can't drive there without it....

I never bring my drivers license with me while I drive. The only time I have it on me is when I'm shopping.

samralf said:

I never bring my drivers license with me while I drive. The only time I have it on me is when I'm shopping.

I check and make sure it's with me every time now because of the weather. It doesn't matter how careful *I* am, it won't stop someone from slipping on the ice and plowing into me. Then I'll get ticketed for not having the license. If it was summer, I wouldn't care that much, but I'm not going anywhere besides to/from work without it. Also, I don't have my number memorized. I needed it just a week ago to make a student loan payment.

I could get a new one tonight since they are open until 7 on Wed., but they don't accept Visa and don't you usually have to have a license to write a check? LOL.

RE: #'s...you and your husband should keep duplicate journals (in a safe place) with your Driver licenses, Social Security, vehicle license plates, credit cards, bank accounts, savings accounts, health insurance policy...each and every number you'll ever need for the rest of your life...

What about doggy? do you have his license #'s saved...you should, just for instances as this..good luck getting it all together...

and ps...a few puppy dog tears and a good explanation to a cop should be able to get you by driving to and from for the next couple days....he'll get your name, run a check for your license and see that your record is clear, neither suspended, revoked or withheld for any other reason...go now, drive, tell 'em Mr. BAW said it was all right...

FOUND!!!

What do you mean by duplicate journals? Like copies? I do keep all the important stuff in one box, and most of it is photocopied....I think. Now that you mention it, I'm sure I do have a photocopy of my DL. I was going to apply for a job w/ a local gov't so I have high school transcripts, sealed official college transcript, and copies of my SSN, DL, passport, etc. b/c I decided not to get that job and kept all that paperwork.

The dogs have a file too. They wear their licenses 24/7 (required here) and I save the paper it comes on that has the tag number. They are also microchipped and wear personal tags with more detailed info (our names, address, phone numbers, dog's name, birthdate, and says SPAYED or NEUTERED and UTD W/ SHOTS so they aren't double vaccinated). I am super-careful with the dogs, especially Kenya because she is a German Shepherd so everyone assumes she will be rabid and vicious. Also because we rent, I don't want the landlords to have trouble with their homeowner's insurance because of my animals.

Liesje said:

I check and make sure it's with me every time now because of the weather. It doesn't matter how careful *I* am, it won't stop someone from slipping on the ice and plowing into me. Then I'll get ticketed for not having the license. If it was summer, I wouldn't care that much, but I'm not going anywhere besides to/from work without it. Also, I don't have my number memorized. I needed it just a week ago to make a student loan payment.

I could get a new one tonight since they are open until 7 on Wed., but they don't accept Visa and don't you usually have to have a license to write a check? LOL.

I didn't think you could get a ticket for not having your license with you. I've been pulled over for speeding a couple of times and they just ask for my social security number. And I never write checks I just use my ATM card.

samralf said:

I didn't think you could get a ticket for not having your license with you. I've been pulled over for speeding a couple of times and they just ask for my social security number. And I never write checks I just use my ATM card.

Yep, you can. I got a written warning about driving without mine once. My first time getting pulled over too...made it nearly 2 years without managing to get pulled over. It would have been a $120 ticket. :yikes:

samralf said:

Hmmm, I've never gotten a ticket, but I've been in the car with people who have. They always ask for "license and registration" (driver's license and car reg. and insurance papers). They run the DL through their computer, make sure you don't have outstanding warrants against you, etc. When I was rear-ended I had to give my DL to the cop, same deal, but no ticket b/c I didn't cause the accident. My dad got pulled over once b/c his light was out and his DL expired so he was going to get two tickets, but since it was his birthday and his DL JUST expired, the cop let him off and he promised to get the light fixed and a new DL that day.

Back
Top Bottom