Identity/shyness problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elevatedmole

Rock n' Roll Doggie
This will sound weird, but it has been driving me nuts.

I am perfectly normal, my usual self, on message boards. But in IMs I find it really hard to talk -- even if I REALLY like the person.
frown.gif
Only my close (non-Interferencers) friends get to see the "real" me in IMs.

I *really* want to have more Interferencer friends.. but I just seem to freak people out or something. I am incredibly shy, I guess. Blah.

------------------
"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

Popheart.org

ahhh, don't be so hard on yourself! I'm also very shy in IM's unless I know the other person pretty well. Its no different than trying to talk on the phone with someone you don't know very well. You don't have to keep the IM session going forever, sometimes just a few lines are okay. Give it another try when you have the chance, just relax and be yourself.
smile.gif

Don't feel bad. I don't have an Interference friends either. I'm also really shy on IMs (though not as shy as I am in real life), and even on these boards I never know what to say. Which is why I probably come off as some freak of nature.
smile.gif
Anyway, I'm sure people aren't freaked out by you at all. They probably just don't know what to say either.

------------------
"There's a danger in every story and every smile" - South

Thanks Charlene, meegannie, and Sicy
wink.gif
biggrin.gif
I was kicking myself today because I thought, "Oh no, how dumb was I to post that?"
tongue.gif
Anyway, thanks
biggrin.gif

------------------
"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

Popheart.org

hey elevatedmole, maybe you're worrying too much about it cos this is just a message board and you don't really KNOW anyone here that well, I mean we only know what we see of each other here which, face it, isn't even the smallest part of who we really are.

Not being able to chat much in IM with people you don't know isn't shyness, that's just well, not having much to talk about since you don't know who you're talking to! Don't worry about it so much, it's no big deal
smile.gif

You are just a freak.

------------------
When life hands you a lemon, say "Oh yeah, I like lemons. What else you got?" --Henry Rollins

Thanks, Grace.
smile.gif

Originally posted by ghetofabu:
You are just a freak.

rolleyes.gif

------------------

Popheart.org

Hey you know I seem to recall posting something sort of like this...ok well not really...but I did post something with IM in the subject
wink.gif

I like you think I am a amjor bother when I IM someone - I think I'm bothering them or they don't want to talk to me - well except for Sula
smile.gif

Anyways, whack me anytime oelmannl - I like you feel strange but it gets easier with each message trust me.

we're such IM virgins
tongue.gif

Originally posted by icelady:
Hey you know I seem to recall posting something sort of like this...ok well not really...but I did post something with IM in the subject
wink.gif

I like you think I am a amjor bother when I IM someone - I think I'm bothering them or they don't want to talk to me - well except for Sula
smile.gif

Anyways, whack me anytime oelmannl - I like you feel strange but it gets easier with each message trust me.

we're such IM virgins
tongue.gif

wink.gif
I was wondering if you would see this thread.

Thanks for the offer -- you are a *very* sweet person, and I really mean it.
smile.gif
Thanks.

------------------

Popheart.org

Back
Top Bottom