Id like to know more Interferencers..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
whenhiphopdrovethebigcars said:
personally.

Sometimes I think there´s such a lot of great people on this board who I could have a great talk, dinner or party with. Don´t get me wrong, I party enough and hard and all, but... some of you are just fun. I will not mention any names here, I would surely forget most of you, so..

but I would really like to know some of you personally. I mean, ok I know some people, Sicy, daafish, Sula, AcrobatMan,.. anyway there´s so many of you who I´d like to meet!!!

Are you nuts?????? :huh:

Stay behind the computer screen, you know it makes sense!!!!! :yes:

Re: Re: Id like to know more Interferencers..

blueeyedgirl said:

Are you nuts?????? :huh:

Nah.

I am sure I would ve met many more if it wasn´t for the distance.

I think there are about 50 people I would like to meet. I´m also curious what kinda persons they are in real life..

BonosBaby12 said:
Utoo I live in Delaware :wave: Only about little over an hour from DC

:hmm: I think we've definitely got enough people nearby to get something going....

Only I didn't ask for any of their autographs :shifty: [/B]

If you ask nicely, I'll oblige when/if we meet.

Truth be told, I am saner in reality then I am on the blue crack.

But much hotter !! MEOW !

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

Are you east-siders coming to GR on May 4? We should all go out for drinks or something.

I can't make it to the speach b/c of work, but if there's drinks afterwords, I'm game as well!

Part of the fun for me going to the concerts I went to this past summer was meeting people from interference. Honestly, I wanted to walk up to more people and just ask, "Hey, are you an interferencer like myself?" But, I didn't. :shrug:

I've met a few people. They were all very nice and it's been kind of cool seeing them through the years (and tours).

anitram said:
I've met a few people. They were all very nice and it's been kind of cool seeing them through the years (and tours).

Well you´re going to Cinque Terre this summer, yes? it´s one of my favourite places in Italy. i also know Nice, Milan, Barcelona and all,.. oooh listen in Cinque Terre, try the restaurant which is in Riomaggiore, directly after the diving school when you go the stairs down to the beach - if it is still there - the cook is a friend of mine and I had the most wonderful dinners there, and he cooks great fish!

And if you want to pass by in Vienna you´re very welcome, it´s not far from Milan. Let me know!

I have enjoyed meeting quite a number of fellow Interlanders. Some quite odd but for the most part really cool people. There are a number more I would really like to meet. I will in due time. :wink:

hip hop, I actually booked a room in Riomaggiore so we'll be there a couple of days. I love fish! Any idea what the restaurant is called?

Unfortunately my train pass only takes us to France/Spain/Italy so no Vienna this time. :( I miss it so. Actually I wish I had time to go to Salzburg again. I loved it there.

Riomaggiore is the place to be at. A couple of years ago people chilled out on the beach in the night with guitars.

also, spend one evening in Vernazza, it is very romantical, Riomaggiore is romantical too but Vernazza is the top (it´s also more expensive than Rio)

You will love it.. its the most wonderful atmosphere, you really feel the little village, they have left it in its original state. no cars and all (you have to park them in the hills)

I don´t remember how the restaurant was called.. but you really cant miss it, you go down the stairs to the porto/ beach, just when you went down you pass a small tunnel, there´s (or there was) a diving school; just 20 metres after that you go down another few stairs to the port, and just at these stairs, at your right side, you will find the restaurant; you can also sit outside and watch the sun go down for dinner, or you can take a place inside, its a rather small place. And you should reseve it in the afternoon, if you want to go there in the evening; or for special italian festivities (15th of august for example) you should reseve 2, 3 days before.. you have to say

voglio riservare una tavola per questa sera (domani sera) per due (tre,..) persone

oh yes and you should see if you can find the secret beach.. once you could access it through a train tunnel, last time i was there the tunnel was closed, up there is a camping place.. actually the only place where they also have nude bathing.. its not allowed in italy.. but it could be that the beach is closed now, they had problems with the campers there,.. when you get out of the train in corniglia, the third of the five villages, you walk from the station to the train tunnel -

plus, don´t miss the via dell´amore.. perfect for honeymooners in fact.. mhm yeah, i have left a message there, some lyrics by Prince.. and my ex left some lyrics by U2 (One) in one of the windows at the via dell amore ... they will be bleached out by now

Last edited:
Utoo said:

:hmm: I think we've definitely got enough people nearby to get something going....

i'm in DC, and i'm fairly certain there are a bunch of people in the area.

i could be down for it.

i am a bit hesitant -- i like the anonymity of the forum, it allows me to be much more honest in places like FYM when i know there's no risk of actually meeting people in the real world.

but there are a few i'm dying to meet. mostly the regular FYMers.

in real life, i'm kind of the same, only less confrontational and more tactful.

Irvine511 said:

i am a bit hesitant -- i like the anonymity of the forum, it allows me to be much more honest in places like FYM when i know there's no risk of actually meeting people in the real world.

in real life, i'm kind of the same, only less confrontational and more tactful.

I know what you mean. :wink: Still, the best way to have a good row is over a few beers...:wink:

I'm really hoping to get a U2 tribute band to come down here, too, but it seems like they're all based in NY or CA....

Back
Top Bottom