I Weep everytime I watch the movie-

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

diamond

ONE love, blood, life
"What Dreams May Come" w/Robin Williams.
If you havnt watched this DVD or VHS tape I would HIGHLY recommend it.:yes:

Good pts-

-beautiful cinematograhy:idea:
-wonderful music/sondtrack score
-timeless love story
-enriching emotionally.

Bad pts-
-cynical ppl call it sappy.:huh:

Get this movie and make your own decision..my only advice:yes:

Diamond:idea: ::larry:::::cool:

Last edited:
Awww Poor Diamond!:(

I've never seen this movie! Is it really that sad? Cause I cry a lot when watching movies! Hell I cry when wathing Oprah!:scream:

Sad..and Happy thru out an emotional rollie-coaster ride..and when it ends..ITS HAPPY. :)
Then you wanna cry cuz youre happy, at the end:)

DB9
:).

I loved that movie, I especially loved the bright bursts of colour - which makes you think of things to come....all things wonderful

Ciao

That's funny...all the reviews I read about that movie said it was a pathetic load of tripe. But hey, whatever.

zooropamanda said:
im with u sula
i hate that movie

but hell, what do i know, i cried watching the final ep of Big Brother 2.
Now THATS a confession! :scream:

ok....somebody arrest this girl!!!

sulawesigirl4 said:
That's funny...all the reviews I read about that movie said it was a pathetic load of tripe. But hey, whatever.

Thats why I said: Cynical people call it sappy.

The critics usually gave it 2-3 stars out of 4 stars.:yes:
I do think Godless and unromantic people would not like it.:|

If you believe in God, the hereafter, and are romantic than I would encourage you to RENT this MOVIE-ie- What Whaka said.
You will enjoy it.
:)
Diamond
:)

the cinematography alone is a good reason to go see it. that is a BEAUTIFUL movie.

and diamond, i agree totally. i watched it not too long ago and i was just sobbing the whole way through.

I thought it was OK...didn't even make the wife cry.

And I thought the only movie a man was allowed to cry during was "Brian's Song". (Men are allowed to cry when they are told they must accompany their wife/girlfriend to Steel Magnolias/You've got mail/Yaya Sisterhood etc. ;) )

Like the episode of "Coach" when the daughter's boyfriend (Stuart, I think) is crying cause Coach doesn't like him:
Stuart: Blubber
Coach: Aw Jeez, don't cry
Stuart: Its OK to cry
Coach: Yeah if your foot's caught in a bear trap maybe.

hmmm....when I saw the movie I remember not liking it very much. Although I did love the color, the scenery, and I love Robin Williams. But it's been a while since I've seen it, whenever it first came out is when I saw it...maybe I'll see it again...nice long weekend coming up, good for renting movies! :D

Movies I've cried to:

LOTR I cried at the end when sam jumped in the water and would have died just to keep his promise that he would protect frodo. That loyalty and friendship aspect of the book is one of the things that I adore about it. Very stirring

Braveheart(I know everyline in this movie and I still cry when he says FREEEDOM!!!)

Gladiator Maybe the most moving ending in a film with him going towards his family

A Beautiful Mind I think I was justified in this

Also, the movie about CS Lewis with Anthony Hopkins

Well as you can see, I'm a sucker for medieval based films!

no one who knows me would call me cynical
yet i found this movie boring and sappy
i'm sorry
but i'm glad you liked it
real men cry

drgnwolf1969 said:
Robin Williams was awsome in that role, I have seen the movie more than 3 times. Would recommend it to anyone:p

SEE.
BonoChick got herself a GOOD man.:yes: :adam: :cool:

Diamond

meegannie said:

Shadowlands. :sad:

Now that was one tear-jerker. I sat behind this big tough looking guy (he must've been 6'5") and he cried like I have never seen a man cry before. He cried and cried and cried and cried in his girlfriend's arms. Actually, I remember him crying more than I remember the movie, lol!

"Field of Dreams", "The Fighting Sullivans" and ALL animal movies make me cry. :(
I wanted to see What Dreams May Come when it was in the theater. Money didnt permit it though. I'll have to see it sometime.

as i recall, i was very confused by that movie....i didn't understand it at all, but i was a freshman in high school when i saw it, and not very perceptive :sexywink:.....you guys have convinced me to rent it again though.......

Yes Robin Williams is one of my all time top favs.
I was sobbing at "Good Will Hunting". My, this was a great flic. Crying? Hmmm.... last time I cried was when... no, you neither want to know it. Lately someone told me that even when I am cruel, I smile.

The Fox and the Hound makes me cry. I had the record when I was little, and I used to just sit there and play it and cry.

"You're my best friend, Copper."
"And you're mine, too, Todd."
"And we'll be friends forever."
"Yeah, forever...."

I'm gonna start crying at work. :| :sad:

I remember watching this movie in the cinema and almost falling asleep. Sorry, but I thought it was a melodramatic.

manda, crying at Big Brother?

<awkward silence>

foray :ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom