I wanted to hug this man so hard!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
I did, I really wanted to just huuuuug this man!

We are advertising at moment for Positions and this man came in the other day and handed in letter for app. and walked out - and I swear from the moment he came in I just really felt for him (though he wasnt looking sympathy or anything!!!!!!!!!!!)

He had longish half-grey hair and seemed in his 50s and was wearing this suit, like a dark grey suit and nearly tripping over the bottoms cause they were a bit too long and he was carrying this little briefcase thang, and he was carrying it so cutely, almost like it was his best buddy....and he stood outside my work for a moment and I watched him and he was gonna go left, but hesitated and walked in a wee circle and turned right, and I just really felt for him - like a little lost man, a possibly jobless man, looking for some sort of help...

I honestly Interlanders, wanted to run out and comfort him....

Of course we all know its most likely not this case at all and he is prob happily married, etc....but for those few seconds..............I felt like freeing him or something......

You know what it could have been though, really? When I think about it?
He reminded me of my Uncle, my Uncle whom, has broken away from our family, due to unexplainable circumstances (inc a breakdown.........:(..) He was crazy in a way, cant quite tell u all how, but this man was dressed like him and looked 85% like him.....so maybe I felt that I wish everything about what happened was repaired, or rather, that it never turned out the way it did.

Fall-outs down the family line is such a sorry thing sometimes, even if you never liked the person, it can make u feel 'hard' and sad - it does with me.

:hug: to the man...........

I think u all think Im a sad case now.............:):):)

Awwwww, maddie...:hug:

One time, my family was driving on this rural road, and we passed this old man with an apple stand set up on the side of the road. None of us had said anything, but then Mom told Dad to turn around so we could buy some apples from him because she figured he probably didn't get much business. We turned around and went to the stand...and the man looked exactly like my dead grandpa (my mom's dad). We were stunned. We bought a ton of apples, and they were the best apples we had ever tasted. Mom said they were magic apples.

maddie, your heart is true. good girl. :hug:

i was visiting my best friend in northern california once, she lives up where the forest meets the sea, and a man was stuck in his wheelchair in the tall grass at the side of the road. it was so sad, his back was to the ocean and the passing cars. who knows how long he sat there before we stopped to help him? how many cars drove past and ignored him? he was so grateful to us for helping. imagine being that helpless. my friend and i were practically in tears over it.

Reach out. (and I don't mean to touch everyone) It's never too late, to lend a hand. It'll come back to you, in little way's you never expected. You must look, however. Don't expect, suggest.
Doesn't someone we all know, sing that...:hmm:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom