I want to walk away.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
HandMeDown, maybe its time to start really looking at where you're at and how things are getting to you. You can spend so much time being down and letting it deafeat you, but eventually you just have to say fuck this, enough is enough and really work on getting yourself somewhere else. You don't want to be in the same place in 1 year's time, 2 years, any time really. Go find the rhinoskin. Letting this constantly hold you back is going to be the end of you.

Angela Harlem said:
HandMeDown, maybe its time to start really looking at where you're at and how things are getting to you. You can spend so much time being down and letting it deafeat you, but eventually you just have to say fuck this, enough is enough and really work on getting yourself somewhere else. You don't want to be in the same place in 1 year's time, 2 years, any time really. Go find the rhinoskin. Letting this constantly hold you back is going to be the end of you.

Angela Harlem said:

Try to hang in there HandMeDown, adn take care of yourself. I have been down the road of so many times of what you are going through. :hug:

"There's nothing terribly wrong with feeling lost, so long as that feeling precedes some plan on your part to actually do something about it.

Too often a person grows complacent with their disillusionment, perpetually wearing their "discomfort" like a favorite shirt.

I can't say I'm very pleased with where my life is just now...but I can't help but look forward to where it is going." -JTHM

Angie....I've been trying to pick myself up since May 3, 2002. I dunno, maybe I'm weird but I can't seem to heal knowing the person I thought the most of hates me. Believe me, I have tried to find the rhinoskin but I can't seem to do it. If I could stop caring I could move on...but I'm odd. Once I consider somebody a friend they are ALWAYS a friend and it's just not as easy for me to walk away as it is for others. I thought time would ease things for me but most days my mind is consumed with what I have lost and will never get back. I miss all my old friends so very much.

I want to thank everybody for pitching in with words of support. I know you all live in my computer but I think you guys are the only people I can really open up to.

Having been in the same situation, as you well know, I'm afraid that if you ever expect to get over him, you will HAVE to forget the idea of remaining friends and quit lamenting over things you cannot change. You cannot make someone stay friends with you. If they choose to decline the honor, continuing to agonize over that only hurts you, not them. The only way you're going to get better is to own up to the facts and go forward. Not in romanticizing and longing for the past. I'm sorry if that sounds harsh, but life is harsh.

HandMeDown:

before you ever think about staying friends you should get distance to him - so that you can get a better overview.

If it helps you to run away, well maybe you should try to make a shorttrip with a good friend to breathe some fresh air

Klaus

yes. just sit back, and...well, listen to angelaharlem. i too would like to walk away from everything, as would a lot of people. you can't though, things follow you...it's one of those "you can run but you can't hide" things.

and take advice from the wide range of quotes posted here. you've got everything from bono to jhonen vassquez (BC's affinity for Johnny the Homicidal Maniac...awesome!)

I agree w/ everyone's advice here.

One thing to try is to find one small thing-be it an interest, a hobby, or just something you like to do that makes you happy, and hold on to that as something from which to build up your self confidence and happiness.

It is tough, and believe me, I know just how you feel. You seem like a good person to me, so you sure have a good foundation :)

I'm bored and tired with myself, I'm down all the days. Since the day my girl left me (it was in May) I'm getting nowhere.
I thought that I had to change my life. I wanted to go to Dublin and lead my life there. "Dream it all again".

I went to Dublin and I just got back here.

I'm gonna go there again.
What I want to say is: have a go. Stop cryin, dont think no more.

Stop it and live your life, if it is necessary a new life.

Thanks everybody. You are all completely right. I dunno why Im having such a hard time letting go. It doesn't make a lot of sense to me because Ive always been the kind of person that easily said "well the hell with them" if somebody didn't want to be friends with me.

Sula....I know you have been exactly where I am. God how I wish I could find the kind of strength you have. I really look up to you.

sulawesigirl4 said:
quit lamenting over things you cannot change. You cannot make someone stay friends with you. If they choose to decline the honor, continuing to agonize over that only hurts you, not them. The only way you're going to get better is to own up to the facts and go forward. Not in romanticizing and longing for the past. I'm sorry if that sounds harsh, but life is harsh.

These words ring truer to me every day. I had a friendship of 10 years end very badly. I can't go back now.....

Life is a mutherfucker.:(

well I'm far from beautiful physically. I try to be a good person, sometimes I fail miserably. Maybe that's why life has been less than beautiful for me.

However, life keeps going, even when it's hard and things are so difficult you have to remind yourself to keep breathing. Life goes on and you have to keep trying because it's a gift from God and it would be wrong to do anything less with it than all that you can.

Everyone fails HandMeDown-you are on the right track because you realize that you do. Some people never do realize it, and can never admit when they are wrong, or own up to their failings. Try not to beat yourself up over it, and try to focus on your positive qualities-I'm sure you have plenty.

And I agree w/ what you said about God-it is so true, but we find it so difficult to accept that sometimes. But relying on Him for strength can help :)

nopityA.gif

Back
Top Bottom