I want to put my head through a goddamn wall and yell at whoever is on the other side

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Surprisingly well, thanks for asking. Not a fraction as bad as I expected. I crave them, but it's kinda like a dull ache that you get used to, not the anxiety ridden fest I remember going through last time.

That being said, if "they" said, "Hey, we've got this little pill, and you take it, and all ill effects of smoking go away" I'd be knocking suckas down on my way to the gas station to buy smokes.

One day you'll be ready, and you'll soldier through. This is the second real attempt I've made at quitting, and for some reason it was much easier this time through. A while ago I cut back to 5 Ultra cigarettes a day (that rule was not in effect if I went out) and maybe that's why it's easier. I dunno.

UberBeaver said:
Oh man - stop now. It's no good. In a few years you'll be like, "Why did I start this shit. WTF?" ... you are talking about cigarettes, right?

Yeah, it's more of a recreational or overstressed thing. I never do it at home. Just when I'm out and work gets overwhelming or I'm at a bar.

Hey how's the no-smoking thing going?

I really would like to quit one day or at least cut WAY back but props to you because there is no way I could quit cold turkey. I'd probably murder someone.

I have however, smoked only 10 cigarettes a day for the past 3 days compared to my usual pack a day :huh:

I guess that's a start! I know I can probaby do this if I really try.

Sicy said:
Hey how's the no-smoking thing going?

I really would like to quit one day or at least cut WAY back but props to you because there is no way I could quit cold turkey. I'd probably murder someone.

I have however, smoked only 10 cigarettes a day for the past 3 days compared to my usual pack a day :huh:

I guess that's a start! I know I can probaby do this if I really try.

It's going well. thanks. Haven't had one since I quit in early November. Still want one, but it's more like an annoying urge that pops in and then goes away pretty quickly. Nothing big. I'm at the point where smoking would be done because I want to, I no longer feel a "need" for it.

Cutting down is a start. A few years ago I set times during the day when I could smoke. I went to 8, to 7 to 6 to 5: 10am, 1pm, 4pm, after dinner, and before bed. And I stuck with it. I did get to 4 for a bit, but that sorta sucked. So I went back to 5. (If I went out, this rule went out the window. I could smoke a pack easy while drinking, and I live in a no-smoking state. In a smoking state, I'd rock 2 packs easy.)

And I smoked ultra lights for the last couple of years. Not sure if that helped or not. And then when I quit, there were a couple of real bad days in the beginning (try to be hungover and busy - it keeps your mind off it) but after that, meh, just a nuisance to be ignored really.

Best advice I ever got for quitting smoking: If you don't want to smoke, don't. Sounds dumb, but when you get up to go for a smoke, and you tell yourself, "Don't", it kinda helps. Me anyway.

Does anyone smoke Marlboros?

I've got a stack of coupons I'd be happy to send to anyone who wants them. (I dont smoke Marlboros).

Beav, just follow your heart. Good things happen to good beavers and I'm sure you'll find your pot of gold somewhere over that rainbow.:|

Back
Top Bottom