I want to put my head through a goddamn wall and yell at whoever is on the other side

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
UberBeaver said:
K, the past two days I've had one cigarette, both at night. However, now the pack I had is empty. This technique seems to be working, knowing that at the end of the day I'll get one makes the rest of the day easier. So, do I buy a new pack and ration one a day, and keep this going, or try to stop completely and risk becoming an asshole? Ugh.

good job, beav. however, i don't know which is better. i know when caron quit, she did the patches and the gum. it helped her and she hasn't smoked in 3 years. my thought is be done with it. addiction to nicotine can be a tough one so do what is best for you.

i also had a friend that went to Costco and bought those plastic coffee stir sticks and she used those to ween that hand to mouth thing. she hasn't smoked in over 20 years.

keep up the good work!

UberBeaver said:
K, the past two days I've had one cigarette, both at night. However, now the pack I had is empty. This technique seems to be working, knowing that at the end of the day I'll get one makes the rest of the day easier. So, do I buy a new pack and ration one a day, and keep this going, or try to stop completely and risk becoming an asshole? Ugh.

Thank you. :)

even if you became an asshole it would only be temporary, right? and understandable. Good luck :hug:

OK, I think you're both right. Just drop it. I have none in my possession, and no plans to go out and buy some. Just gonna soldier through. Grazie.

And I'm not sure if the asshole thing is / would be temporary. I'm kinda an asshole in general, but quitting smoking does give me an excuse. :)

Does chewing gum or anything help? My dad went on candy rampages when he quit, not so good.

Like Doozer said, hang in there.

:up:

I'm chewing gum now, actually. It helps a bit. Luckily I'm not much a candy eater. The key is to keep busy and keep your mind off of it, but the littlest thing sets you off. Ugh. Hopefully by Friday the worst will be over.

In my experience the first three days were the hardest. it does get easier. I never thought i would be able to quit but i did. Cold turkey was the only way that worked for me. I was bitchy and I had a horrible headache. it all went away. well, maybe not the bitchy part:wink: Anyway, good luck to you. things will get easier.

good luck beav......you gotta do it for the mini beav on it's way.

Oh, PS, you can't have any alcohol for a long time. I quit once then i had a few beers & I crumbled like a cookie.

I hope you can do it.

I cant.

Even though I've been coughing up mucous for a week.

(ok I did have a cold.. but smoking makes it worse :sigh: )

Sicy said:
I hope you can do it.

I cant.

Even though I've been coughing up mucous for a week.

(ok I did have a cold.. but smoking makes it worse :sigh: )
Sicy...please no visuals. :barf:

I was just about to post how hot your new pic looked. :drool:

Ill have to wait a few days now.

Me too, (re: the title of this thread). My neighbors are playing some really, really awful music and it's 12:30 am. Truly awful. So I would really like to put my head through the goddamn too-thin wall and yell at them.

Yeah I was definitely expecting something about annoying neighbors. The guy above me now just peed again with the door open. :crack:

You'd think by now I'd be used to that sound.

Anyway, good luck on quitting smoking!!! It's a bitch, but you're gonna smack it up! You are bigger than the cigarette!!! :yes:

redhotswami said:
BTW I think you win for longest thread title ever.

Mission. Accomplished.

K, went out tonight.

Beers: 6 (maybe 7)
Smokes: 0 (Not even a drag. w00t!!!!)

I want to choke the shit outta somebody though. Anybody. Hey. You. YOU LOOKIN AT ME? STFU.

UberBeaver said:

Mission. Accomplished.

K, went out tonight.

Beers: 6 (maybe 7)
Smokes: 0 (Not even a drag. w00t!!!!)

I want to choke the shit outta somebody though. Anybody. Hey. You. YOU LOOKIN AT ME? STFU.

Hey you are trying to quit smoking...you never said you wernt going to try and not kill someone.

Im still with ya.

Thanks. Today's Day 4 and it's not so bad. I remembering it being much worse last time I quit. I want a cigarette at all times, but it's not overwhelming. Haven't freaked out or had an asshole attack.

I cut down to 5 Ultra light cigarettes a day a few years ago. Maybe that actually helped.

kicksmok.gif

Back
Top Bottom