I want to move out

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Laura M

Blue Crack Addict
I really do want to move out, sure I would need to take out a bigger loan but I think it would be worth it.

It all started when my little university friend suggested it and it has sounded even more appealing since.

I can't stand living at home - I never fight and Im generally quite a laid back person - apparently all I do here is sleep, go on the comp and watch tv :der: :laugh: but when everyone is out and im here I tidy the house and I pull my weight I cook when its expected of me, I make the lunches for my brother and sister, I dont spend hours on the phone, I help my mum and dad without them asking, I dont think Im a lazy person but my mum thinks I dont do enough around the house and sometimes she really gets on my nerves and when I fought ONCE with my sister after spending 2 days listening to her and my brother trying to start an argument with me my mum got really angry at me and if I dont want to do something or fight back I always get put on a guilt trip and my mum uses my sisters illness.

Its always "If anything happened to your sister you would feel very guilty and you would never forgive yourself"

And the thing is I get along really well with my sister - I take her out with me at weekends, and I always make sure shes okay I watch her like a hawk and Im always at home when she has a bad hypo so its not like I dont look after her and let her get sick and I know what to do in an emergency.

And today I said I was thinking of moving out because I would prefer to live away from home - I think I would be a more independent person and it would be a good experience especially if I will have to live abroad fo rover a year in 2 years time - and my mum didnt understand why I wanted to move out.

She said I have independence at home - but I dont they tell me when I should be back home and If iwant to stay out late they say no because they wont let me get a taxi home alone - and they tell me when to go to bed and when I watch tv late at night they complain the next morning that I should be in a routine - my mum is also at me about eating - she tells me I should be eating more and made me eat breakfast this morning even tho Iwasnt hungry - she also complains im too immature for a person of 18 and Im lazy but I thought I did a lot around the house and how can I have any responsibility when she is always telling me what to do :shrug: And I look at my friends who are 20 and wont help around the house my old friend from school wouldnt vaccum once a week without moaning about it to me and she got money for doing it too!!!! Thats lazy! When I say to my Mum I thought I helped out she said I dont - like what more does she want from me?? And later she said if you dont like it here now dont bother waiting until you go to Spain move out this week. I jsut said I was thinking about it :der: And I wasnt doing it to put her back up I was jsut talking to her.

I know she is under pressure because my sister and brother and she is sick too but I think sometimes she takes a lot of it out on me because she wont shout at my sister or my brother because shes upset they are ill but its not my fault they are sick and I live here too and I have sick friends and family too. Its not like I dont know this and worry about them either. Her friend also died this week and I do feel bad about that but I have a friend who was killed last year and she thinks I dont understand that her friend has jsut died.

My friend asked me to move in with him and his friend and My mum didnt like that idea she said I should be living in a house with girls and I would get into trouble living in ahouse if there was going to be a male there - but Im 18 - I can do what I like and its not like I would be tempted to do anything with my friend.

Anyhoo although it would cost more I think I would prefer living away from home but not so far away I cant come back home when I wanted to I could always try it out for a little while as a trial run I guess :shrug:

I make my mum sound bad in this :der: but I really do love her.

Last edited:
i think parents take it for granted when their kids help. i know that if i clean the house without being told to, my mom comes home, and asks why i didn't cook dinner too.

i remember when i was 18 years old, i was always cleaning cooking and picking up after everyone in my mom's house. when i refused to break up with my now exhusband, i was kicked out.

my brother, sis and mom later realized i did a substantial amount of house work and they hated doing my share.

I moved out when I went to university. After I graduated I lived in a house with 2 friends for 2 years. Then I went travelling and spent all my money so I had to move back with my mum and I'm still there now. I love here to bits but I don't half miss having my own space.

Do what you want to do, Laura. It's your life and you have to think of yourself. Besides, you've got to move out at some point! Don't feel guilty about wanting to lead your own life your way.

Is your uni like mine was? Ie ifyou live within a certain distance of the uni you can't live in halls?

I would want to live in halls I know ppl who did for 2 days I was talking to them today Id move beside uni hundreds of streets with students in them, lots of school friends who only live a mile away from uni moved into a house :laugh:

i lived on campus for my first year. i lived in an apartment off campus for 2 years and then in a house way off campus. either way if i were you, i would look into doing it. :up:

my last year there i lived with my friend, who happens to be a male. it was no problem at all. and actually more enjoyable then living with a bunch of girls. i felt like i was living w/ my brother. :lol:

Last edited:
Me and my friend were talking about it today

He is so camp - it would be like living with another girl :laugh:

He is gay and he gets on like a woman

Well he doesnt like being called camp

Him: Your neighbour is so queer..... I really fancied him

Me: You say queer?!

Him: Yes I say queer, Im a queer, whats wrong with that?

Me: Oh....I dunno...i just thought you would have said gay or something.....

him: :laugh:

Everyone thinks we went to school together and we jsut say no we only met on friday

other ppl: "but you get on so well together"

Him: Laura is just like me

I always knew I would get along great with him he is just like my old pal Del :heart:

Basically....yeah

but some ppl act camp but arent gay

Am I confusing you ;)

Back
Top Bottom