I Want To Drop Calculus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Techie2000

Refugee
It's not that I can't do it, it's just that no one in the class does homework, and they all abuse the teacher so he is starting to get cranky. This is not boding well for my grade. The kicker is no matter what I'm going to have to retake this course when I get into college, so it's not like it counts. However the school won't let you drop mid-year...:sigh:

actually, everyone else slacking off could work in your favour if you keep up with assignments and the teacher knows at you are making an effort.

try to make the most of it. when you hit university, you'll be glad you made it through.

(trust me on this one :wink: )

Don't pay attention to the others... Maybe they think they're in a party now, but soon they will find out that they didn't learn anything. Just do what you have to do :)...

I had the same problem at college... my faculty (graphic design) is like a highschool: very few does homework and there's always the annoying popularity contest, everybody knows who is the slut, the stupid one, the pregnant girl.... that kind of enviroment is not stimulating and it might be stressing if you fall in their game, but if you do the things right, you can rise and take a good place without effort.

Techie2000 said:
The kicker is no matter what I'm going to have to retake this course when I get into college, so it's not like it counts.

Or you could be like me and search all over to find a college which doesn't require you to take any math classes at all. :D Of course, then you probably would also never be able to find a job.... :huh: :rolleyes:

Techie2000 said:
The kicker is no matter what I'm going to have to retake this course when I get into college, so it's not like it counts.
This may not be the case at all. Speaking only from my experience many moons ago, when you start your college education, they make you take placement tests. I tested above the required level of mathematics for my original major and the math requirement was waived.
Many majors require only college level algebra for the mathematics requirement, which if you do well in high school calc, it should be a snap. Thus sticking with your class will help your future GPA, which is the one that counts anyway.
Also, I found that high school calc seemed like a totally different course than the college level calc, of course there was almost a 10 year gap between the courses...

Psychology is really biology.
Biology is really chemistry.
Chemistry is really physics.
And physics is really math.

If you want to do any kind of hard science, you need to understand Calculus. Stick with it. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom