I Waited Too Long...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Aww im so sorry about that:hug: but dont hate yourself for it, you werent to know. at least she knew you loved her very much:hug: :hug:

My parents just called. They said that the copy of my grandma's biography I wrote had been found in my grandma's house...she still had the copy I'd given her 7 years ago...

I also found out that as my grandma was dying in the hospital, she told my aunt and my dad that she wanted my sister Julie to have her diamond ring and me to have her diamond earrings. My grandma always wore those earrings...she never took them out...she wore them right to the end. I am crying so hard...I can't believe she is giving those to me. I'm so glad that I will have those.

Bonochick said:
My parents just called. They said that the copy of my grandma's biography I wrote had been found in my grandma's house...she still had the copy I'd given her 7 years ago...

I also found out that as my grandma was dying in the hospital, she told my aunt and my dad that she wanted my sister Julie to have her diamond ring and me to have her diamond earrings. My grandma always wore those earrings...she never took them out...she wore them right to the end. I am crying so hard...I can't believe she is giving those to me. I'm so glad that I will have those.

Awww Bonochick:hug: :hug:
those earrings will give you lots of happy memories, my grandma gave me my granda's pyjamas when he died. and i wear them all the time and it gives me happy memories cos i always remeber him and these pyjamas. its the little things like that that keep you happy at times like this.
im sure you'll have many happy memories of her, and shes in a better place now.

Remember,
those you loose dont go away, they walk beside you everyday

I got my grandma's earrings...I took them out of the box to look at them once, and then I put them away. Part of me wants to wear them, but part of me is too afraid too (I don't want anything to happen to them). Perhaps I will save them for special occasions or when I just need that extra lift. I'm undecided right now.

My grandma loved dolls...she had a huge collection of them. My sister picked out one for me that she thought I would like, and my mom picked out one for me as well. One of them is a blonde Cabbage Patch kid doll...I always remember seeing that doll at Grandma's, and I instantly recognized it...I always liked it. The other doll I had never seen before...it's a doll that my grandma made (she made the doll and the clothes...everything!). I'm going to hold onto them forever.

:hug:

What a beautiful way for you to always remember your grandma. You knew how much you meant to each other, just remember that the earrings are a symbol of that. It's hard to not feel akward about wearing the earrings or not. If you don't feel right wearing them now, don't.

It's wonderful that you'll always have your grandma's earrings to remember her by. It's okay if you don't wear them- I'm sure just having them is enough. And it's so sweet that she kept the biography you wrote in 7th grade. You are very lucky that the two of you had such a special bond- I'm sure you'll always remember that.

:hug::heart::hug:

Bonochick...my condolences to you and your family...:sad:

How wonderful it will be to wear those special earrings someday, maybe on your wedding day... your grandmother will truly be with you.

Stay strong.:hug: :hug:

Back
Top Bottom