I used to like a certain forum better...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You all don't know me around these here parts but I just want to say that reading all these posts suddenly makes me feel like an outcast in these forums.

I don't know the history and I don't know the players but I do like to share what I like and have seen that others like to as well. Granted alot of the forum seems to be very one sided - Bono sided and I admit I am one of those people. But he's fine to look at.

I sense that you all feel like you've been wronged by others wanting to join in on the fun and you feel like it's gotten out of control.

Isn't that what's wonderful about the times. There are days when people are down and they are lifted by others. There are days when people want to escape the real world and dream out loud. And then there are just days...

I hope I am welcome here to speak my thoughts and on that note, I apologize for taking up your space and will go now.

Peace and take care of each other

Don't feel like an outcast, icelady! U2 fandom is about inclusion, not exclusion. Of course you are welcome to speak your mind and please don't apologize either. We just sometimes have bad days and get irritated by things, but that's just to be expected with so many people and personalities clashing. I still think that the good in meeting like-minded people and forging lifelong friendships far outweighs anything else.

P.S. You have posted some incredibly gorgeous pics lately. They have been a delight to look at!
smile.gif

Icelady, don't be sad. Every member (well... or most of them) in feedback has experienced this. When others are starting to familiar with you, everything will turn out be alright.

smile.gif
smile.gif

Wow.
I just kind of stumbled in here and whoooo!
This is where y'all are.
I miss all of you back there. I haven't been posting as much as I used to, but I still think it's a nice place to go and unwind from the day. Mrs Edge, your stories ROCK!
Just had to say that.
Maybe I am dumb, or have tunnel vision, or I am too busy writing weird stuff for my own amusement...heh heh...but my attitude about it is "whatever". I mean, I don't go there to worry about forum politics, I go there to have fun and laugh and maybe be creative.
Long story short...I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer...I hope I am not doing anything in PLEBA that makes people angry or want to leave. It's like b.o. you are never really sure if it's you...
*HUGS to all the girls I miss!
-Bluey of Doom

Thanks Mrs. Edge,

You know its funny. When I first came to the forum there were leather threads, there were PLEBA threads and it seemed that everyone was open to spread the beauty around to others.

But now appears that noone is posting or if they are it's all spread out in dozens of threads instead of 1 or 2. It's like they are saying "No pick my thread" or something.

maybe that's why I feel like an outcast. because I try to be like the rest, post that one pic that maybe noone has seen before, but noone responds. It's like I have the plague or something. I'm sure it's not intentional but it just feels like it sometimes.

I appear to amuse only myself at times - but that's OK. It's just if I'm only going to amuse myself I might as well do it away from these forums. Because if noone shares or responds then what is the point of it all...

Thanks for listening.

P.S This is sort of funny when you think about it because since coming to these forums, I've never felt vulnerable(I'm 38 for goodness sake) and now I find myself looking for approval...that's kind of sad..

I know this is an old thread, but I just wanted to bump it to let ppl know that some are doing their part to make it better.

------------------
~*Mona*~ 97%compatible with Bono
"Perhaps Miss PLEBA herself" ~GypsyHeartGirl~

"Bono...a sort of holy cross between the Morrisons, Jim and Van"

YOU KNOW I BELIEVE IT

Originally posted by WildHonee:
I know this is an old thread, but I just wanted to bump it to let ppl know that some are doing their part to make it better.

I was
eek.gif
when I saw this again...

But that's good that it's being worked on.
smile.gif

------------------
You say you want
Diamonds on a ring of gold
Your story to remain untold
Your love not to grow cold

Originally posted by blueeyes:
Wow.
Maybe I am dumb, or have tunnel vision, or I am too busy writing weird stuff for my own amusement...heh heh...but my attitude about it is "whatever". I mean, I don't go there to worry about forum politics, I go there to have fun and laugh and maybe be creative.
Long story short...I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer...I hope I am not doing anything in PLEBA that makes people angry or want to leave. It's like b.o. you are never really sure if it's you...
*HUGS to all the girls I miss!
-Bluey of Doom

yeah....ditto...on all of the above.

Uhherrmm....... really now this thread is 2 months old.

I dont think it needed to be bumped up.

------------------
It's cold in the ground
But there's peace in the sound
Of the white and the black
Spilling over

Sicy's Website

Sicy's FTP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom