I Use Guys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Sweetest_Thing

MacPhisto's serving wench
I seem to have the same complex:

I find a great guy, and I'll REALLY like him. A lot. Time passes, he'll ask me out, I'll be excited...

and then everything falls apart. Most of my relationships end at the first date. It's like, once I know he likes me, I lose interest. I don't understand myself. Legitimately, sometimes the guys are losers, and I know that nothing will happen. But sometimes they're the nicest, greatest guys, but I just find I don't like them anymore.

I've been dating this guy for...a while now. He's smart, he's funny, cute, etc. But the same thing is happening. Now that I know how he feels, I'm like, "Alright, time to move on." The challenge is gone maybe? I don't know if I'm bored, or weird, or stupid, or what.

Love 'em and Leave 'em Lass
That's me.

Originally posted by The_Sweetest_Thing:
Now that I know how he feels, I'm like, "Alright, time to move on." The challenge is gone maybe? I don't know if I'm bored, or weird, or stupid, or what.

Love 'em and Leave 'em Lass
That's me.

I used to be that way, now I feel I'd go out with just about anyone who'd ask.
This 'move on' complex should pass. Do you mind me asking yer age? Just curious, because I did sorta get over it, but I still get that way. It's more out of fear now than it is boredom if that makes any sense.

Originally posted by Ava Adore:
I used to be that way, now I feel I'd go out with just about anyone who'd ask.
This 'move on' complex should pass. Do you mind me asking yer age? Just curious, because I did sorta get over it, but I still get that way. It's more out of fear now than it is boredom if that makes any sense.

Ava,
(But I've never been in a 'serious' relationship--whatever that means)....Part of it is, too, that once I see the guy isn't 'perfect,' I'm like "It's over." So perhaps I'm picky too..

*big sigh*

[This message has been edited by The_Sweetest_Thing (edited 02-25-2002).]

Good heavens I feel the same way and just went through something totally similar.

Why?

Is that the grass is always greener thing?
Or, you want what you think you cant have and once you have it you dont want it anymore?

Blah.

omg zone... lol. You may be onto something.

Seriously though.. I liked this guy for almost a year.. we were great friends, had a lot of fun together... then finally he saw the light and we dated or whatever and I ended up.. um.. bored. The entire friendship has changed.. I dont even laugh anymore. Its not what I thought it would be, etc.

* thinks she's going to be single forever because she's just too god damn picky

Originally posted by Sicy:
* thinks she's going to be single forever because she's just too god damn picky

We are gonna end up in a picky single's assylum!!!!
eek.gif

Oh gosh! That is freaky...

Originally posted by The_Sweetest_Thing:
So perhaps I'm picky too...

I think that's always been my problem.
Anyway, the only reason I asked your age was to see if maybe you'd grow out of it and perhaps you will but who knows! lol
We should never lower out standards.

Originally posted by Ana:

We are gonna end up in a picky single's assylum!!!!
eek.gif

Oh gosh! That is freaky...

Me, you, Sicy, and Ava...maybe we should start a club or a forum or something...

Maybe I'm scared of commitment too...they always say it's guys, but damn, I've never been in a serious relationship, and now that I'm getting into one, I'm scared.

What kind of horrible person am I? Maybe Sicy, it is that I wanted something I couldn't have...the thrill of the chase? I love flirting, etc, the fun stuff. But the relationship?

Blarg.

It's probably a fear of being committed or tied down to one person... like you don't know exactly what you want, and you're afraid of being attached to someone.

I do think this is something that will clear up, as time goes you'll be more sure of what qualities you want in a significant other. The idea of settling down and having a routine will suddenly make sense.

I wouldn't worry much about it. It just seems you do not want an exclusive relationship right now, and that's fine. Just take your time, but don't break too many hearts along the way
wink.gif

I know I'm only 18, and true I haven't had many serious relationships to speak of, but I think this may be the explanation! No you are NOT heartless!
smile.gif

OMG!!
eek.gif
Sicy and Sweetest thing!! You're my kindred!!!

I usually get bored in relationships. In fact, I've only been in 1 real one, but I dumped the guy. He was the sweetest but I... I don't know. He bored me or something. Now the affair I'm having with this man is kinda boring me also. I really love him but he's not giving me what I want so, now I'm pondering about breaking up with him

*sigh* I guess we are too good for men
tongue.gif

it's like a sanitized episode of 'sex and the city' in here.

wink.gif

you should really try to be nice to nice guys.

------------------
The liquid engineers left the pool heater on too long, and at night, chlorine vapors rose above the plant life of the planet, and I imagined my flesh, being inside the pool, being warm, and protected, feeling gravity, but able to mock it as I floated. Would you float with me now, if I asked you, would you jump in the pool and not even bother to strip? Could I strip you down, remove your clothing and we would fall inside the water together?

It scares me.

Originally posted by kobayashi:
it's like a sanitized episode of 'sex and the city' in here.

Hmmmm, I have dated woman like the ones in this thread. Then, you learn, and don't commit, and then you get accused of being afraid of commitement.

And they say "men" are confusing.

[This message has been edited by zonelistener (edited 02-25-2002).]

This is such a sad thread!
frown.gif
I also think that if these comments were written by men, we'd all be saying "See? Men SUCK!"

I totally understand what you guys are saying, it's just human nature and doesn't make you a bad person, but it is so tragic. Why does this happen so often where ppl lose interest the minute the next person reciprocates!? What kind of cruel joke is that?

Originally posted by Mrs. Edge:
This is such a sad thread!
frown.gif
I also think that if these comments were written by men, we'd all be saying "See? Men SUCK!"

I totally understand what you guys are saying, it's just human nature and doesn't make you a bad person, but it is so tragic. Why does this happen so often where ppl lose interest the minute the next person reciprocates!? What kind of cruel joke is that?

You go girl - my thoughts exactly! Funny little sidenote:

I received an e-mail from a woman I met Friday night titled "U2 and Hockey." In reality, it was an e-mail just wanting to use me for my access to NHL tickets - but she knew she could get to me with a subject line like "U2 and hockey." LMAO!

Well, she did her research! LOL! If any guy sent me an email titled "U2 and male ballet dancers in tights" I'd be putty in his hands!
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by zonelistener:
it was an e-mail just wanting to use me for my access to NHL tickets - but she knew she could get to me with a subject line like "U2 and hockey." LMAO!

glad I'm not alone...I'm sort of the same way, I've always been the dumper, never the dumpee. I'm usually good for 2-3 years max, then I get bored and gotta go!

at my age, I still wonder HOW people get married to someone for the rest of their lives????????????????? I don't know if I have it in me....

Back
Top Bottom