I try to see the best in people, but sometimes it's really hard

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

daisybean

Rock n' Roll Doggie, FOB
Born under a bad sign with a blue moon in your eye
The title explains it all.....

Okay, so there is this girl that I work with, who happens to be married. However, she has "special" friends, and kinda brags about it. I asked her what she would do if her husband found out, and she said "We have a don't ask, don't tell policy." I have met her husband, and he really doesn't seem like the "open relationship" kinda guy.

I try not to be judgemental, and however people want to live their lives is really none of my business. However, I can't help but be dissappointed in her actions.

I dunno, I guess being single it irks me to see a relationship being taken for granted.

Only they know what's really going on with their marriage...maybe she needs more than what he's willing to give and she finds it somewhere else. Or maybe he's doing nothing wrong and she's just selfish. Who knows? :shrug:

But bragging about it is really, really wrong. Its disrespectful and it puts you in an awkward position in front of her husband. I'd tell her to shut up the next time she starts talking about it.

can i spend about $1.80? I have more to say than 2 cents worth...please?

love and fidelity and committment ahh daisybean it is a truly beautiful and ideal and precious thing.
Through determination and strength and probably luck , hub and I have been faithful to one another for over 20 years and are planning on trying to do it for 40 more....... think about that, please, just for a minute....60 seconds?

multiply that by 60
x7
x365(plus leap years)
x if we are lucky...60 again.

Immense
Truly
So somewhere in amongst those seconds come tests, from all different sources...within and without. You can never be complacent, you can never take it for granted. it is a beautiful thing , but hard-won for a lot of people.
So the woman is doing what she does.... like you I don't judge either...but I do feel, like you. She is being impolite...tell her you don't want to know about that aspect of her life thank you.
Story time to help clear my head...bear with me,
When my hub's most successful band broke up, they were on the road each weekend for 6 years. They were wild days or they could have been. I sometimes went along, but he boys wer young and i sometimes couldn't handle all the "goings on" that being in a band involves. You know younf girls will be young girls, especailly in a night club tanked up on alcohol.
Anyway, at the last of their gigs I went to, the singer said something to me in parting...I've never known how to take it...a compliment or am I a dinosaur? Maybe you can say.?H e said "women like you are a dying breed, you stick by your man no matter what" Funny thing eh?
I take pride in the fact we have resisted temptation ( it's all around) so I dunno rave , rave, I'm trying to demonstarte that it is not easy....BAW said it more concisely.
I feel sorry if your colleague's hub is being mistreated. Ask her please not to tell you the details of that aspect of her life.
But humans....woah..the things we do in the name of love!!! it's unbelievable.
Good luck on your journey daisybean.
Honorable people do exist....in fact, they abound:heart:
:hug:

Lemon Meringue said:
It would be hard for me to look her husband in the eye.

I would have a harder time looking HER in the eye...

Originally posted by cass
Honorable people do exist....in fact, they abound :heart:

I've been feeling a bit down and out as of late...this quote gives me hope. Well said cass. I can't even find words to express what this saying means to me right now. Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you.

well I just keep my mouth shut when she talks about her boyfriends.....but it's really hard to resist the urge to say "Dammit girl, you're married, act like it!" But then I remember that it's her life, her marriage, and I really have no place to say what I really think.

I know that they have had problems in the marriage, in fact she has threatened to leave him on at least one occasion. But I don't think it justifies her having guys on the side. I was thinking that maybe there is a part of her that wants to get caught. Since she is bragging, it's only a matter of time before the info gets back to him....but :shrug: who knows.

daisybean said:
well I just keep my mouth shut when she talks about her boyfriends.....but it's really hard to resist the urge to say "Dammit girl, you're married, act like it!" But then I remember that it's her life, her marriage, and I really have no place to say what I really think.

If I may, I would suggest saying what you really think. I've known couples who have run into this type of trouble, and wondered later why no one would tell them where they were making mistakes. Love sometimes means butting in - because you care.

glad to have made someone happy sweetest-thing.

I cling to that belief. The media so much focuses on what is bad about things, they can really stir up negativity. It's important to stay aware of the toils and troubles, but geez too much of that gets a person down. I keep my eyes open for the good, it would be a shame to let it slip by un-noticed.

you know something else?
oh heck, heres comes the wind, the change. I had better go get busy............i'll get back to you.

**cass faints** although maybe no compliment

Always
hard to tell
with some of you folks.....it would be a first

daisybean said:
*bump*

I guess it wasn't as cut and dried and "don't ask don't tell," he left her over the weekend.

wow. it's sad to see a marriage fall apart, but good for him.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom