I thought Bridget Jones' Diary was a riot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Wanderer

Kid A
I saw it for the 2nd time tonight, I know I am a wuss or something, but that movie is quite funny, and Renee Zellweger is hot in that movie :love:

Colin Firth and Hugh Grant are splendid actors, too, btw I just saw "The Importance of Being Earnest," with Firth, Rupert Everett, Judi Dench, Reese Witherspoon and Frances O'Connor and I loved it, of course it couldn't compare to actually reading the brilliant play by Oscar Wilde, but it certainly rivaled if not surpassed the theatric version of Wilde's "An Ideal Husband"

I know, I know, I am supposed to go and see the new MIB movie, or the new Matt Damon or Tom Cruise film, but I have very little interest in these films, and yet I loved Bridget Jones and Earnest. hopefully I am not the only guy here that feels this way!

would you like some butter on that corn???

Well I keep hearing that the new Tom Cruise film is the shit(e)

But be yourself man dude

If you want to go and see CHICK-FLICKS then go ahead BRO;)

yes whatever, ahem *coughs*

I'm really masculine, so masculine that I don't need to watch shit films like Black Hawk Down (even though I did)

you can watch my share of chick flicks for me, k? i'm not a fan......although......that one is funny.......but i only truly like 1 chick flick....kinda sad, but whateva........

shut up z edge
id much prefer a guy who liked those films to one who gets his kicks from seeing people blow up stuff.

i was just reading a review of earnest and i think i will see it this weekend.

:madspit: zedge
dont ever change wonderbra :)

take it easy mary (tombstone)

The Wanderer said:
yes whatever, ahem *coughs*

I'm really masculine, so masculine that I don't need to watch shit films like Black Hawk Down (even though I did)

Well (the) Wanderer
I understand your need to feel your inner soul in the cinema

I suggest "x wives club" or whatever its called or "working girl" or suck I mean such for you;)

But never did I take anything away from your , well you know

quite interesting...

we seem to be establishing that Oscar Wilde play adaptations are "chicks flicks" and well, Bridget Jones is ok, but anything else with females in the lead roles are, well... whatever

oh well, I guess you can take your pic with Hollywood, either "chick flicks" or "dick flicks"

poopdermandazoo

zooropamanda said:
shut up z edge
id much prefer a guy who liked those films to one who gets his kicks from seeing people blow up stuff.

i was just reading a review of earnest and i think i will see it this weekend.

:madspit: zedge
dont ever change wonderbra :)

mad at me dear?

I :heart: you

or no?

I run naked through the streets just to get you out of my mind

get an iceberg in my life, but yeah you are still a girl who needs a goat

like me:heart:
:drool: :drool: :drool:

yeah feel this z edge

still my favorite film probably of all-time is the mighty Kubrick's A Clockwork Orange
yes, yes, I know, it's an incredibly freightening film for many people... (especially someone with such a delicate nature as you, z edge, though I'm sure Brother Diamond would appreciate it)

ohhhh the wanderer you have not frightened me now have ya??

The Wanderer said:
yeah feel this z edge

still my favorite film probably of all-time is the mighty Kubrick's A Clockwork Orange
yes, yes, I know, it's an incredibly freightening film for many people... (especially someone with such a delicate nature as you, z edge, though I'm sure Brother Diamond would appreciate it)

well that is a good film, not a chick flick by any means

but if you are going in that direction of the warped, may i reccomend Apocylapse Now, Redux

enjoy bro:mad:

Rafter was a slight favorite last year, wherease Hewitt will be facing someone who has played practically every day this week, and though I know Henman hasn't been playing particularly well this fortnight, he's a good grass-court player with experience, which I'm not so confident in saying about these other chaps (strange incident with Malisse, not sure if what he did was quite so genuine, what do you think betty?)

anyway, John McEnroe called Lleyton Hewitt, "the fastest player I've ever seen... even quicker than Bjorn Borg"

btw, I've seen Apocalypse Now, and read "A Heart of Darkness"

never heard of Redux though, always thought that was some sort of acid reflux

Malisse is a talent although yes youre right about fatigue and maybe he will be a bit overawed. Funny McEnroe compared Hewitt to Borg, Ive settled on Hewitt being as quick as Chang but with the skills/shotmaking prowess of Agassi.

One of the aussie commentators Fred Stolle said Malisse had a history of chest problems so I guess he couldve been genuine, but like Krajicek againt phlip I think he took a break when it best helped curb the momentum of his opponent.

wanna switch on IM?

Last edited:
i LOOOOOOVED bridget jones's diary!!

i want to read the books the movie was based on.

i read the books first.
you should definitely read them, madam clayton.
they are better than the film.
its rather funny that colin firth plays mark darcy because she actually talks about colin in the books.

I haven't seen it. all I know is my sister is madly in love with that Tom Cruise one, Minority Report, right? so Im refusing to see it :D

MIB 2 is a must tho!! lol

betty, you need a tennis forum so you can stop turning all the threads into tennis threads! :p

BabyGrace said:
betty, you need a tennis forum so you can stop turning all the threads into tennis threads! :p

ugh theres a sports forum now but the threads never go the direction i want so i seek to hijack my own ;)

Saw the movie too and liked it very much, though Bridget was a bit too silly at times to be a realistic character IMO.

Gotta love Bridget--can't wait til the second film comes out. The second book--The Edge of Reason--is an absolute riot! And I thought About A Boy was good, but not great. And Hugh was looking mighty tasty in it. ;)

Back
Top Bottom