I think I'm in love with...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scatteroflight

Refugee
...an extremely tall, bald, kind of freaky looking man who dances like he's being electrocuted, is well over twice my age and married with kids. And he doesn't even have what you would call a beautiful voice.

Some basketball player? No. Peter Garrett of Midnight Oil.

promopics_2.jpg

pghead.gif

I've liked them a lot for several years, but I just saw them in concert a few days ago. They were just amazing. Probably the best concert I've ever seen, U2 included (the fact that I was six feet from the stage, instead of several hundred, probably made a difference.) Since then I've been buying all their albums I didn't have and looking up everything I can find about them on the Net. But I find myself strangely obsessed with the lead singer. They're all old (46 and up--Peter Garrett will be 50 next year.) The drummer is actually good looking. But...

Maybe it's the tallness. I am extremely susceptible to tall men. I always thought I hated it when men cut their hair very short. He's been shaving it completely since before I was born!

This is one of the scariest discoveries I have made about myself recently.

------------------
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out

[This message has been edited by scatteroflight (edited 05-16-2002).]

He looks kind of scary to me, kind of an Uncle Fester type thing. He is interesting to look at but I just don't see any attraction, but to each her own!
tongue.gif
About the bald head, I have to say I have always hate to see men with very short or shaved hair too, and I do prefer longer hair, but I dislike the buzz look so much I prefer that totally shiny bald head to it! Maybe that's what it is for you, maybe you don't like the look of extra short or stubbly hair but the slick bald head is a different story.

LMAO @ Uncle Fester! Hak hak hak hak!

scatteroflight, I do see the attraction. Always thought older men are yummy. Wish the guy had some hair, though... because now that Desire4Bono mentioned Uncle Fester, I can't picture him as anything but!

foray

LMAO @ electrocuted. That is exactly it.

The guy has this presence that I guess doesn't come across in a pic, but I know where you are coming from.

Hmmm...!

Originally posted by Angela Harlem:
LMAO @ electrocuted. That is exactly it.

The guy has this presence that I guess doesn't come across in a pic, but I know where you are coming from.

Hmmm...!

I can relate to his presence as it were. He is very intelligent and I think that comes across in his appeal - he is a very good looking man.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
and I used to love Midnight Oil but really who taught the man to dance - couldn't have been Sicy.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Desire4Bono:
He looks kind of scary to me, kind of an Uncle Fester type thing.

pghead.gif

=
affest2.jpg

------------------
When life hands you a lemon, say "Oh yeah, I like lemons. What else you got?" --Henry Rollins

The Uncle Fester thing would never have occurred to me--thanks a lot, people!
biggrin.gif

Actually, I like that black and white picture of him more every time I look at it. This, however, is the scariest picture of him I've yet located. From about twenty-two years ago. I actually just bought this album.

B00000273R.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

biggrin.gif

I'm still fascinated, Uncle Fester comments or no!

I'm also surprised that no one mentioned that he looks like Mr. Clean. That was the comparison that came to mind for me.

------------------

[This message has been edited by scatteroflight (edited 05-17-2002).]

Well if you want to live out your fantasies here you go.
doll.jpg
icon39.gif

------------------
When life hands you a lemon, say "Oh yeah, I like lemons. What else you got?" --Henry Rollins

[This message has been edited by ghetofabu (edited 05-18-2002).]

I actually was thinking of another name after reading your description...

...Pierluigi Collina

Anyone who likes football(soccer) should know what I mean.

icon24.gif
icon29.gif
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by christiana (edited 05-18-2002).]

Originally posted by Sicy:
Poor scatter.

Hey, I know women who think Mark Messier is cute...I'd take this bald guy over him any day...

------------------

[This message has been edited by scatteroflight (edited 05-18-2002).]

LOL Scatter!! I have a friend who is so obsessed with this band, she's been to a bunch of their shows recently, and I only just learned about them from her, so I don't know much about him, or about them at all. She said their kind of like an Australian U2, and that they are very political. She has weird taste in men too, I know she's in love with one of the guys from the Who (and she's my age)
biggrin.gif

not saying that your taste in men is weird! I have a thing for bald guys as well; I love the guy that plays Lex in Smallville (I'll watch the show just for him) but he's boring with hair, and I think Billy Corgan is hot. This guy looks good in Manda's photo, and I'm sure if I knew his personality a bit better, he'd be sexy
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by BabyGrace:
LOL Scatter!! I have a friend who is so obsessed with this band, she's been to a bunch of their shows recently, and I only just learned about them from her, so I don't know much about him, or about them at all. She said their kind of like an Australian U2, and that they are very political. She has weird taste in men too, I know she's in love with one of the guys from the Who (and she's my age)
biggrin.gif

Well that's cool she's your age and she likes the Oils--their demographic is definitely a bit older on the whole (and more male). But there were plenty of women at the concert I went to, and some didn't look much older than me. I was definitely one of the youngest there, though maybe not the youngest. I've liked them since I was 15-16. Now I seem to be obsessed. I guess they are a bit like U2 but they've got something like five songs out of 14 albums which are about love or women. Their major topics include politics and the environment, but their earlier stuff seems to include a lot of surfer music.

*thinks about starting a "Tall bald Aussies are sexy" society*

By the way, you do realize that the guy in ZooManda's photo IS Billy Corgan, not Peter Garrett? There isn't too much of a resemblance beyond the baldness. I dunno, Billy doesn't do a whole lot for me (looks-wise--I love the Adore album.)

------------------

[This message has been edited by scatteroflight (edited 05-19-2002).]

hahaha!!!! that's why they looked so similar (and why I thought he was hot)
biggrin.gif

gosh, he's thin there

yes this girl wants to marry an Australian man, you two should form a club lol

Back
Top Bottom