I think I lost my cool today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kiki

New Yorker
mainly in my fantasy land.....ooooo how I wish it
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :madspit: :madspit: :madspit: :madspit:

I work in a hospital, as a Certified Nurses Assistant. Well....only for two more days next week and then I'm officially done. I resigned last week, yet today was SH:censored: !!!!

I swear to you all, I thought i was just going to walk out and never go back in. I had 3 patients whom thought they were perfectly fine to get up and walk on their own, one of the other girls patients was this way too and he ended up falling and I found him. I had another one that was combative, another who's family----UUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH you know that more than 90% of the time, we have absolutely NO problem with the patients, but the FAMILY!

OMG he wouldnt answer the phone...he must be passed out.
OMG the doctors not been in yet to see her.....I have to call him and see when he'll be here.
OMG she coughed!!!!!! she's going to pass out!!!

Gesh...settle down and give the doctors a chance to do their rounds, give me a chance to get the nurse, and give the patient a chance to come back from the bathroom to answer the phone!!!!

so today, we have this whole group of international surveyers come in as a drill to check out the hospital, only they decide they're only gonna do 3South, my floor. So, we run like mad people to make sure everything is perfect, all the hallways are totally clear, none of the patients have stuff in their window sills(sp?), everyone has wrist bands on for Identification, etc. Then the housekeepers decide its time to wax two rooms floors-that were empty-so all the stuff from those two rooms are in the hallway.
Then I have a patient urinate all over his bedroom floor, a nurse who couldnt seem to do a damn thing for herself so she kept calling my phone, another patient who kept pulling his chair alarm to test me, 3 patients crawling out of bed....I finally got so fed up with one of them I think I yelled at him.

I've NEVER yelled at a patient! and now I'm in pain and I feel bad.:sad:

............................ah screw it........i'm out of there for good after next thursday!

Back
Top Bottom