i think i have a net stalker!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zooropamanda

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
over yonder in another netland, i am known as a cowgirl.
i have been visiting this other land, long before interland caught my eye.
i have wonderful friends there and we all have been chatting, writing in our lil abode and conversing for about 4 years now.
there i wrote lots of silly stories and songs and with my one of closest online friends have become kinda "known".
i didnt realize how much until recently at a concert, because of an item of clothing i was wearing complete strangers came up and got excited to meet me. it was kinda odd and a lil bit scary to say the least.

now i find that there are these other message boards and places where the same people lurk all the time, and they have been leaving messages there replying to me and my other cowgirl, acting like they know all about us.
i went to one board recently which i never visit and found this person talking about me to another and telling them i was a character and told them my real name and this stuff about me.
i replied to this person and he then admitted to my cowgirl friend and i that he is one of our biggest fans.
its not like here where the person is registered and can be found, its just this name on a message board with no registrations..
other messages keep popping up and im wondering if they are the one person..

its nothing scary, they are very nice, but it does freak u out a little to find yourself being talked about by strangers from another country and i wonder if i really do open myself up too much.

have u ever been to a concert and have someone come up to you and ask if you were "..." and then to have them squeal and tell their friend all about you, when u have no idea who they are?

the net is freaky, my friends
freaky as can be....

are we putting ourselves at risk, do you think? im really starting to wonder...

Wow Amanda.... you are famous....... that is crazy. Just goes to show you how very careful we must be. I think we are putting ourself at risk to an extent... but like with everything in life, you just have to be smart and really carefull how much information you divulge to strangers. :crack:

zooropamanda said:
the net is freaky, my friends
freaky as can be....
I agree
I'm lucky in a way that when people suspect it's me they turn around and run away

That's nuts! It is kinda freaky to be well known with people you've never met and people in other countries.

At one of the Elevation shows (the first one I went to before I really knew anyone) I was standing next to a guy I've never seen or met before and he looks at me and says "Are you SicilianGoddess from Interference?" I was like.. :eek: who are you.. lol.. he told me his name but that he only lurks.

Lurkers are scary. :huh:

I'm w/Sicy...I felt this way when everyone met up in Vegas....esp. when I walked into the Hard Rock and the first person I saw was Sicy and she WAVED at ME! :ohmy: Then several other folks kept saying "hi Disco!" "you must be Disco", etc. Yeah. A tad freaky.

(what must celebrities go through???) :slant:

Be careful manda....you know all those stories you hear...

Sicy said:
At one of the Elevation shows (the first one I went to before I really knew anyone) I was standing next to a guy I've never seen or met before and he looks at me and says "Are you SicilianGoddess from Interference?"

This sh*t kinda happns to me at all the shows:angry:
Im a bit fed up.:angry:

db9:mad: :ohmy: :sexywink::

Last edited:
hah diamondollyparton
im serious man!
its freakin me out!

angel, i think u be right.
someone sends me these e cards regularly too and im still trying to figure out who that is. i generally ignore them, but its all starting to make me wonder..

salomey, i would prolly run and tackle you for a hug, not run the other way. although, perhaps then you might be doing the running.

Aren't those ecards from a lesbian you dont believe you know? Write back to her and tell her about your David Hasselhoff obsession and she will leave you alone.
I recommend you replace all the internet pictures of yourself with those of deathbear.

I have had real-life stalkers.
One was an extremely popular guy who had practically every chick at his school and wanted me, but he wasnt my type and I wasnt even exactly interested in dating anyone at the time, due to my situation at home, etc. He stalked me for awhile, though he was mostly just a nuisance and didnt attempt to physically hurt me, so there wadnt anything I could do about it. He went away eventually.
The other stalker was much more serious. He most likely hired a private investigator who eaves dropped on my phone conversations, and followed me around.
Eventually, he himself tried to get into our house, but I was there and locked the front door. So he snuck around the back, partially knocked down the gate, and when I confronted him and told him to leave, he turns around and starts going back out the gate. Then, suddenly, he turned and lunged at me, aiming for my eyes. I ducked, and he started to grab for my neck. In twisted around and ducked some more, and started hitting him. He then proceeded to beat me on my shoulders, neck, upper back and sides. I took the blows and hit back, but then my mom came and got involved. She screamed to"let go of her", but he just started attacking her. I ran and called 911, but by the time the cops got there(surprise surprise), he'd already left.
They didnt do shit to him. I think all they did was talk to him, and he was back a few days later. I told them about the stalking, they didnt care. Even though in this state, it IS illegal to eavesdrop on phone conversations, etc.
And he then went around and told EVERYONE that it was *** I *** who attacked him. :rolleyes:
Last I heard, he was trying to find out my mother's new address. Dirty bastard.
Next time he attacks us....FUCK 911!!!
I'll handle the job myself.....No one messes with myself or my loved ones and gets away with it.
:mac:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom