I think i cost my company alot of money..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

diamond

ONE love, blood, life
and Im feeling sick about it.

It was inadvertent and a human error, but if I were my boss, I would fire my ass.

I maybe selling Kias my next week.

shit.

db9

Last edited:
i fessed up.
i took ownership.
i followed their advice on how to address the problem, when knowing full well their remedy would only exaserpate the dilema causing it to be irretreivable..so now the situation has imploded.

i suggested kit gloves and thoughtful timing..they urged heavy handedness and strong arm tactics.

i am now the fall guy, in the middle of Jan.

db9

Last edited:
Most bosses understand human error and are willing to give a good employee a second chance.

How much money did you cost them? :uhoh:

diamond said:
i fessed up.
i took ownership.
i followed their advice on how to address the problem, when knowing full well their remedy would only exaserpate the dilema causing it to be irretreivable..so now the situation has imploded.

i suggested kit gloves and thoughtful timing..they urged heavy handedness and strong arm tactics.

i am now the fall guy, in the middle of Jan.

db9

You talk contract-ese...WTF did you do? or didn't do? or are you just "pulling our chain" ????

diamond said:
and Im feeling sick about it.

It was inadvertent and a human error, but if I were my boss, I would fire my ass.

I maybe selling Kias my next week.

shit.

db9
When will you buy that sexy car :hyper:

I think BAW was right to ask about the money...especially since you made it an issue by mentioning it.

Mr. BAW said:

I've taught her what the dollar is worth.......even you can respect that....or can you?

I didnt mean to take a swipe at BAW, Mr BAW.

You guys are my friends:hug:

The timimg was off for the question is all and it caught me off guard.

As far as the dollar amount lets just say it's more than a lot of our annual salaries.:|

get my point?

peace

db9

Bono's American Wife said:
Its all good Dave :)

It probably was too personal for me to ask about the dollar amount.
Cool:):hug:

as far as work goes..my immeadiate supervisor said for me not to fret, that he would take the heat for me:huh:

i need to count my blessings..

db9

I think we all speak together in saying best of luck with the upcoming storm come Monday morning.

It was very cool of you to fess up diamond. I wish you the best getting through it. I hate making mistakes, but everyone does sooner or later. Your immediate supervisor really values you as his employee or he wouldn't offer to take the heat. That's very cool.

Good luck getting through it. :hug:

Well I think in honor of this we can post similar work related stuff ups to ease Diamonds mind, and all bask in our own glory of stupidity.

- I made a large order on behalf of the company I work for from our sister company in the US. The order should have amounted to approx $25,000. To this day I have no idea how, but in the ordering system I multiplied the order 10 times. Yes, 10 times. No one noticed till 10 times the goods showed up on our door here in Sydney, and the company had been billed $250,000. Took quite a fight to sort that out with the US, and somehow I kept my job.

- I used to work for a major record company. I accidently through out a master tape. This was THE original recording from which all other copies come from. It is in Australia a very, very well known song by a very, very well known artist. A real classic song here. I threw out the original. Never recovered. If I were to name the song and artist, there would be other Australian members of this forum who would wish to kill me. I mean, imagine if I worked for a US record company and threw out the original master tape of Bruce Springsteens 'Born In The USA'? I would burn in hell. I did the cultural equivalent here in Australia. Somehow, again, I kept my job, thanks mostly to the fact that the CEO loved me and thought that the artist in question was ridiculously over-hyped in Australia (the CEO was British). The artist has no idea about this.

..Ernie Shavers,

Wow thx for your stories. you certainly made me feel a bit better.

thx to the rest of you ppl who posted warm thoughts and :hug:

when the dust settles i will be more candid and explain what i did..:huh:

db9

Don't worry

My incompetance at my new job is about to be found out any day now...I'm pretty much guaranteed this job for three months..but I find myself working really hard and understanding very little even still

everyone tells me I should relax cos the project has been goign on for 2.5 years and I've just jumped on...but who knows...perhaps I'm just an idiot....very possible.

although I' havent' cost the company any money outside my salary.....yet

Earnie Shavers said:
- I used to work for a major record company. I accidently through out a master tape. This was THE original recording from which all other copies come from. It is in Australia a very, very well known song by a very, very well known artist. A real classic song here. I threw out the original. Never recovered. If I were to name the song and artist, there would be other Australian members of this forum who would wish to kill me. I mean, imagine if I worked for a US record company and threw out the original master tape of Bruce Springsteens 'Born In The USA'? I would burn in hell. I did the cultural equivalent here in Australia. Somehow, again, I kept my job, thanks mostly to the fact that the CEO loved me and thought that the artist in question was ridiculously over-hyped in Australia (the CEO was British). The artist has no idea about this.

Now that´s a story.

You might know Paul Cashmere? He´s the media guy in Australia.

Earnie, Earnie, earnie :D It must be someone we all hate!
Actually, I hope it was Delta.
:wink:

No...I dislike others more than her. Ooh, wasn't Guy Sebastian was it?
:lol:

I'd imagine you would be considered a national hero for tossing a Men at Work master recording so my guess on the artist would be INXS and the song would be their early hit, "The One Thing."

:eek:

There I go showing my age again. Didn't I just hear those bands on the King Biscuit Flour Hour?

Back
Top Bottom