I talk too much

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
meegannie said:

:yes:

I think if the kind of approach Hello Angel talked about works for you, then that's great. :) I just don't think there's one solution to everyone's problems.

Absolutely. Thanks meggie. I wasn't giving anyone advice or judging anyone else's reaction to a situation. I was relating a scenario from my personal life, and advice that was given to me. Also take note that I illustrated a situation that was not related to pain (i.e. a leg hurting, physical pain, etc) or a major work situation in an important office.

I have a different set of reactionary methods for bigger problems in my life that I face just like the rest of you. Nor did I tell anyone that my "you are the only one who can ruin your day" is meant for every situation all over the world for every person. Get what I mean?

Last edited:
I know this is not my thread but: Does it really work? Like you feel great all day even if someone is consistently trying to ruin your day for very stupid (and at times unknown) reasons? Cause if that's the case then I'll try that. I am exactly like you (well maybe not exactly), I?m not very sociable and when I?m doing something I like I?m into it 24/7, I know some people who hate me because of that and it kills me. Now what exactly do I have to do again?

there are people out there that sometimes if they are having a bad day or a bad time they want to bring people down with them.. like i say take it on the chin .. I grew up in small town where you smiled and talked to the person you passed on the street ,, even though I live in a city ten times the size now it doesnt mean I stop doing that even if they look at me like I have 5 heads I still smile at people on the street.. if someone is grumpy or angry or mean I wont let that be my problem

.It's like Johnny Cash said once: you wake up every morning and you make a choice to either love or to hate .

the people that choose hate always get really angry at the ones who chose love .. the ones who chose love go on doing the best they can.

I'm here and going to try not to talk too much. Thanks to those of you who understood and had kind things to say :hug: :hug: :hug:

Awesome, moi? Hardly! But thanks for the kind words.:D

By the way, who are those people in your sig? (I still miss the little running cat.:reject: )

biff said:
Awesome, moi? Hardly! But thanks for the kind words.:D

By the way, who are those people in your sig? (I still miss the little running cat.:reject: )

:) :hug:

They are Eli Manning and his Dad Archie and his mom. I thought it was funny the stink look he had on his face after being drafted by a team (SD Chargers) he didn't like and said he wouldn't play for. The parents might be worse. (but he did get traded right away) It comes form the sports forum. I am a fan of Eli's older brother Peyton who plays for the Colts, the team ironically that Elway pulled the same crap on years ago. Anyway I'll probably change it soon, I change my sig a lot. I'll put the running cat back sometime:)

sig so it will make sense when I change it

smellsig.jpg

Last edited:
They certainly do look underwhelmed. (Sorry, I only dimly know the names you're referring to. I'm completely sports-clueless.)

I used to not like football and thought the same things meggie does, dumb, boring, makes no sense, too slow, hitting, etc. But then my youngest brother explained to me what was going on and about the rules and how to play. I was like, oooooh! Then it became exciting and intense. But if it doesn't float your boat it doesn't. I still can't stand baseball, soccer, or golf. They bore me to sleep. But some people love them.

i tell people way too much about me too. but i can't help myself. i swear that i won't but then i do anyway. i can keep anyone elses secrets but not my own. :sigh:

i would love to know how to shut up

I have to admit, I'm the same way. In person, I am very very open about some things that happened to me and it makes other people nervous b/c I am so candid. I do it though in the hopes of helping other people come forward or heal if they have gone through the same ordeals that I have. Which is why I'm also writing a novel to tell the story I lived to tell.

I don't think any of us should be ashamed by our naked honesty. I think, personally, that it is refreshing to deal with people who are not so closed in and wound up tight. I'd rather feel for many people than have people think I don't feel at all. :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom