I stuck my hand...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blue_Angel

Acrobat
up a cow's ass. Didn't think I could do it without throwing up. and it didn't even shit on me either!

that's why they call me cowgirl :huh:

Eww

I'm gonna be putting on those shoulder length gloves for the first time in about 2 weeks, not really looking forward to it. Doubt the cow is either. Why'd ya do it?

I'm pre-vet. I actually love these labs on the farm. :heart:
Minus that little incident. I learned how to milk a cow though, both with a machine and without one, and I loved that. And today I held baby pigs. And two weeks ago I herded beef cattle. And I also had little calves suck on my fingers which was so cute :heart: :heart:

it's really not too bad, you don't have to stick it in up to your shoulder (I thought you did!!). why are you doing it?

I'm a 3rd year vet student, our Therio labs are starting soon. Never did it in undergrad, I am still a palpation virgin.

I wish I had discovered this site earlier in the summer (I signed on in August), maybe the novelty would have worn off by the time classes started - Interference is a HUGE distraction!

wow third year??! you've made it far! I am a freshman just a few weeks into my first semester.....
they expose us early so we can tell if we REALLY wanna do it :D

Well, it sounds like you're not totally turned off yet, so that's good! If you have any questions, you can email me thru my profile (I'd rather not broadcast my email address) - general vet-talk would probably not interest 99.5% of Interferencers :)

oh me me me :wave: Do u have any gruesome/ funny animal stories??? :D

<---:coocoo: :crack: :coocoo:

Hmmm

Lara Mullen said:
oh me me me :wave: Do u have any gruesome/ funny animal stories??? :D

Well, one of my most eye-opening moments was during my first animal handling lab. We had to basically wrestle sheep to get them in a position sitting on their butts. Our professor wanted us to learn how to look at a sheep penis as part of a physical exam. Those things are scary!! They have this weird French tickler thingy on the end - never knew that about sheep.

Ok, so that's not really funny or gruesome, guess you had to be there. I'll keep thinking.

Re: Hmmm

bonosloveslave said:

They have this weird French tickler thingy on the end - never knew that about sheep.

French tickler thingy?! :shocked: :laugh:

ok cool, thanks bonosloveslave!! btw, I think I am doing that exact sheep lab next week..... thanks for the advance info :D

Lara Mullen I don't have any yet...but I am sure I will in time :)

oh I almost forgot (this is for no one) I am soooooo happy because I found a senior who is a total dolphin person and she is getting an internship training dolphins at the Baltimore Aquarium!!!!! how awesome is that?! it made my week. When I am a junior, that is so my job.

The conversations that go on here scare me sometimes. What is really odd to me is that I found this thread not only interesting but educational as well. I mean that with all sincerity.

ghetofabu said:
The conversations that go on here scare me sometimes. What is really odd to me is that I found this thread not only interesting but educational as well. I mean that with all sincerity.

Glad to be of service!! :wave:

Yes folks, today was my turn, I got to "palpate" a horse (in case you missed it earlier, that's a nice way of saying I shoved my arm up a horse's ass. Definitely one of the more surreal days of my life, we also got to watch and see if they were ready to breed :ohmy: (ie have sex). As uncomfortable as I was, I'm sure the horses had it worse, getting it by 18 inexperienced students in one afternoon! I don't know how vets out there do this all day, my arm was gonna fall off after doing only 6! I just felt like an idiot :der: cuz I couldn't feel all the nifty things I was supposed to be able to feel in there. One girl actually started crying during lab because she was so frustrated! I'm just gonna keep this in perspective with what I wanna do the rest of my life, which is work on kitties and doggies, so I'll do what I need to to pass and just get on with it :shrug:

And unlike Blue Angel, I did get pooed on.

Several times. :huh:

Back
Top Bottom