I still haven't...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Muggsy

Refugee
I live in colombia, with a box of watercolors and
bought the new (well... not very "new" now) U2 album...

and i don't feel like I HAVE to buy it... it is weird.. i've bought every single cd that came out but this time I don't feel any rush... and i'm not saying that HTDAAB is a bad album, but i heard it in my boss' house and i said "nah... is ok"

.....¡What's going on with me!???.... I used to love every song from U2 and their music was the soundtrack of my life for a long time... now that i've been in some hard times i feel like i don't need them like before. And I feel bad cuz I spent a lot of my energy on that and I feel a little dissapointed of myself.

i still haven't bought a copy of 'all that you can't leave behind', and i love the boys as much as any of us. doesn't mean you're less of fan.

I've been a U2 fan for 21 years. It hasn't been completely nonstop. In the early '90's I got pre-occupied with medieval re-enactment and went for a few years without listening to much U2. I didn't buy Zooropa until a couple of years ago (and I love it BTW). You're not going to be obsessed for the rest of your life, trust me. That doesn't mean you're going to stop being a fan. I never stopped being a fan. But the feeling has sort of "ebbed and flowed". Get the album when you feel like it, not because you think you have to. You don't.

I suggest you buy it and just give it time to sink in. One hasty listen is certainly not enough time for the album to fully reveal itself to you, especially this one. Then again, you still might not like it after a few months, but that's still alright. Just keep looking forward to the tour!:up:

If youre not in the mood, youre not in the mood. Leave it. Purchase the album when you feel you want to listen to it, and not before. Thats my advice. Theres plenty of other albums to listen to in the mean time.

i would like to be like that, it means you're cured. i am still addicted, i couldn't spend the 22nd november without buing it... in two versions

beli said:
If youre not in the mood, youre not in the mood. Leave it. Purchase the album when you feel you want to listen to it, and not before. Thats my advice. Theres plenty of other albums to listen to in the mean time.

Excellent advice :up: I love everything Nick Cave and Tom Waits do but I'm not in the mood to buy their two latest albums. I'll get them in a few months, hopefully at a reduced price. :wink:

DrTeeth said:

Excellent advice :up: I love everything Nick Cave and Tom Waits do but I'm not in the mood to buy their two latest albums. I'll get them in a few months, hopefully at a reduced price. :wink:

i bought the last from Nick Cave without much enthusiasm, but my advice to anyone is to buy it immediately. The Lyre of Orpheus is a beautiful record, the best since The Boatman's Call.

For anyone who doesn't have the album, you should all feel guilty if the album starts dropping in the charts. Way to go. You're letting Kelly Clarkson and Lindsay Lohan move up the charts because of you.

DrTeeth said:

Both albums are excellent, especially the Nick Cave. My pick for best of the year, in fact. But Tom Waits is still amazing. I tend to find myself listening to mostly 70s stuff and Rain Dogs, though.

Don't rush out to buy anything you don't want. But don't hesitate when you think you do. :wink:

TwoAmericas said:
For anyone who doesn't have the album, you should all feel guilty if the album starts dropping in the charts. Way to go. You're letting Kelly Clarkson and Lindsay Lohan move up the charts because of you.

Ehh...fuck the charts. That's what I say.

(I bought the album at midnight on the first day, though. :reject: )

Melon

dandy said:
i still haven't bought a copy of 'all that you can't leave behind', and i love the boys as much as any of us. doesn't mean you're less of fan.

I'm sorry, but I do think it means you are less of a fan. I am not saying that as a bad thing, you shouldn't buy the album if you don't want to. But you are less of a fan.

bsp77 said:

I'm sorry, but I do think it means you are less of a fan. I am not saying that as a bad thing, you shouldn't buy the album if you don't want to. But you are less of a fan.

I don't think the person who spends the most money making U2 any richer means they are a bigger fan than the person who doesn't buy their latest album straight away or doesn't buy every single single U2 have ever released.

I still haven't bought Zooropa. :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom