I steal things

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lilly

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
My favorite past time with my friends is stealing cones (traffic cones, like on the road) and putting them into my friends' yards. This was in place of tp'ing, which although is still done, is harder to pull off at 11:30 pm. I also like to take election signs, and anything on the side of the road. One time I found a microwave with plates inside, a VCR with a tape jammed in the slot, a tire, and a sink. These items with the addition of 4 cones stayed in my trunk for a few weeks until being deposited into a friend's yard. It's really all fun.

------------------
Go lightly down your darkened way.

I used to have a bad habit of doing that when I was drinking in college... I think the best one was a HUGE framed picture of Mo Vaughn..lol I still dont know how I got that damn thing!

------------------
God has got his phone off the hook, babe...Would he even pick up if he could?

[This message has been edited by She ls Raging (edited 11-28-2001).]

LOL!!!

Sounds like fun.... can I come??

icon16.gif

My sister and her best friend stole a Snapple banner off of the side of a gas station.

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

It is my personal opinion, that if Im going to run the risk of being caught and having something go on my permanent record - ie destruction of public property or something for stealing roadsigns, which is only a fine - Id rather do something more glorious... like public fornication, only a fine for that too, but i mean the choice between getting some in a park somewhere or stealing a road sign... hmmm gee i wonder... which is more entertaining...

*doesnt care that this isnt relevant to anything*

in first year living in residence there was an ottawa sun newspaper box right by our building. so one night after a lot of tomfoolery we went out and managed to carry it inside to our room.
well word spread quickly around the floor. it was decided that the only reasonable course of action was to see if jackie, this annoying 4 foot bitch that lived on our floor, would fit inside.
so i went and conviced her to come and give it a try and it worked.
BUT...
in our drunken stupor it literally took us 10 minutes to find 50 cents.
it was a pretty funny 10 minutes tho...

------------------
bottom line: U2 rules.

Originally posted by bonovista:
Whatever you do, don't steal stop signs..Because of some college moronic prank, three children lost their lives when their mom's car was hit by a semi-truck. The youngest was 4 months old.

Not to put a damper on this thread, but street signs are there for a reason..

yay that incident quickly sobered my friends and i when i lived in saskatoon-there is nothing else to do in saskatoon in case you're wondering why we started.

------------------

i've never actually stolen anything although I was very tempted to take some traffic cones when they repaved my road because I needed them to practice parallel parking (hey, I actually had a reason!)
but they took them away before I got around to it
biggrin.gif

Saskatoon, isnt that up in Canada somewhere? hey, isnt that where Bobby Clarke grew up? hmm i think I might be wrong
biggrin.gif

I'm really slipping on my Flyers trivia here...

Originally posted by BabyGrace:
Saskatoon, isnt that up in Canada somewhere? hey, isnt that where Bobby Clarke grew up? hmm i think I might be wrong
biggrin.gif

I'm really slipping on my Flyers trivia here...

i believe clarke was born and raised in Flin Flon, Manitoba. i may be wrong, i only lived in saskatoon for a couple of years and i really don't like clarke. gordie howe is a saskatooner, wendel clark, the leafs legend, is from saskatchewan(the province) and several other great hockey legends.

------------------

oooooh a hockey fan!!

I do believe you're right, he was raised in Flin Flon.. I was just testing you
wink.gif

dont like Clarkie eh? most people don't. I like his indomitable spunkiness even if he was a brat on the ice..
i think he leaves something to be desired as a GM though. not that he's horrible but there are better people for the job, in my very humble and useless opinion.

Gordie Howe, on the other hand was incredible by anybody's standards...

Originally posted by bonovista:
Whatever you do, don't steal stop signs..Because of some college moronic prank, three children lost their lives when their mom's car was hit by a semi-truck. The youngest was 4 months old.

Not to put a damper on this thread, but street signs are there for a reason..

Street sign, not stop sign. I cant believe anyone is stupid enough to steal a stop sign. But goes to show eh.

*has been part of a group thats periodically rearranged the letters on a big announcement board outside a certain establishment...

on the same night a certain school captain coulda got in some grave trouble had anyone ratted on some of his activities
eek.gif

Well heres a suggestion,
daytime = lots of witnesses
cover of darkness = very few people with chance to cathc you

so therefore, while you probably COULD get away wtih it during the day, my guess would be that youre probably taking a pretty big chance to try. Night time, but before everyone gets shipped home from the bars, is probably the best time to try and pull your stunt. But then again, what do I know...

People, ESPECIALLY babies dying puts a damper on everything...no good at all! There will be no more mention of death in this area. That is all.

------------------
Go lightly down your darkened way.

in year 12 my friends' and my fave past time was to pile into one of their cars, go hooning and jump out of the car at traffic lights and steal other P platers' P plates.
I will never forget my friend Lisa opening up her Dad's boot one afternoon and seeing over 100 P plates piled high.

It was a stupid dumb thing we did and Im still not sure why we did it, but seeing the looks on people's faces when you stole their P plates was too funny
biggrin.gif

Manda, that reminds me, Ive always wanted to ask you what you did on your yr 12 muck day, you too bert.

In a nutshell, we spumante'd a teacher's car, egged a few others, got pissed down at Echo Point on our champagne breakfast and threw a wheelie bin and shopping trolley over the lookout there and tried to sell the local Grammar school by plastering it with forsale signs. Someone in our year (not me) also got fluro pink non toxic paint and spray painted the before mentioned grammar school's sheep. Oh, and one of my friends broke through the school fence and did donuts all over the back oval.

I am very surprised I dont have a police record.

And before anyone yells at me for the damage to the 'delicate' environment with the wheelie bin, we also that year volunteered to help in the "Clean Up Australia Day". Coincidentally, we went down to the 3 sisters again and brought up a total of 23 Otto bins and 17 K-Mart shopping trolleys. It seems we weren't the 1st year 12's to think of it.
biggrin.gif

Does any o/s folks do this when they graduate? Or is it just us Ocker Aussies who have no self control?

NB: the sheep was fine, the guy that did it had to shear it as penance. The school knew which bunch of hoods it was straight away.

I did help my friend steal a Detour sign once. It's still in her dorm room.

------------------
If you cannot live together in here, you cannot live together out there, let me tell ya. --Bono

You've got to cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice... --Bono

Muck up!!!
Going to school in legendary muck up area of Strathfield, where the schools were so bad during muck up, mine got on the front page of the Telegraph one year...

Strathfield area has a lot of private schools who did bigtime stuff. Every year it would come, that feeling of knowing there were boys in vans loaded up with eggs, waiting around corners.
Youd be walking from the station to school and all of a sudden this terror of screams would wail and girls would automatically start bolting up the street in fear for their lives.
Then you;d hear it...
a bomb of a car with its muffler shot, tearing up behind you with a pack of year 12 boys hanging out the windows screaming as they pleted egg after rotten egg, generally aiming for our heads.

Ah the memories of late October...

They really cracked down on it and we were told we wouldnt be alloowed to graduate if we did anything. We went egging one afternoon and my friends pulled up at a set of lights to have a truckoad of boys with rotten eggs pull up next to us.
Terror, screams, and not enough time to wind up the windows we were pelted with dozens of rotten eggs inside the car.
One of the girls had it all over her and she then puked all over her skirt form teh smell.
NICE!!!!

We hijacked one of our year 11 friends from her class by tieing up the teacher to her seat and spraying the class with water pistols.
That was fun

One of the legendary ones that Aloysius Boys College in Sydney did was steal a Virgin Megastore sign and they stuck it up outside their rival girls's school, Loreto COllege.
They used to do stuff like put purple dye and dead sheep in the pools.

Muck up was the best part about high school.

Back
Top Bottom