I sort of just got let go...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2democrat

Blue Crack Addict
Well, about a month ago I got an offer to work on a local campaign, which I naturally took. I worked for a couple of weeks, and now I just got a call from the campaign manager saying they don't have the money in the budget to continue to have me for now, but maybe in the fall when more money is coming in they'll rehire me. They made it clear they want me to work for them, but they just don't have the money.

Frankly it's not surprising, this is the nature of campaigns and how they work and I'll have to get used to it, but I'm still left with a sinking feeling, and now I'll have to start looking for some other job :sigh:

It's not hopeless, but it still sucks.

Sorry you lost your job, that's a bummer :( Maybe you will find something even better though! Good luck. :hug:

Yeah. I mean, at least I have the comfort of knowing I wasn't blatantly fired for something I may have done wrong...they want my help but they just can't afford it.

Still pretty cool that you got to do that for a few weeks, make some contacts and you get to add it to your experience. I'm sure you'll get to work on many campaigns in the future. Could you volunteer there a few hours a week until the campaign gets going?

Sorry you have to find another job. :(

Do you need the dough? If not, could you maybe still volunteer part time. It sounds like a really good reference and good experience you could use for future leverage. I did a semester long internship and got paid diddly squat (also worked 20 hrs a week), but it really boosted my resume and gave me some stuff to blab about during job interviews.

I do need the income...first of all it's a little over an hour long commute for me to get to the office, so that eats up a lot of gas, and my parents' budget has become tight itself and I hate mooching off of them. Plus it's nice to have a little extra spending money for myself.

I plan to continue to volunteer when I can...I've been volunteering for this guy for almost a year now.

Last edited:
Well I've been offered a job that works at least 40 hours a week, pay is $9 an hour and overtime is time and a half. It's nothing exciting, working at some random sales company that really won't help advance my career at all but hey I'll be bringing in loads of money. Can't say I'm too excited, and I have no idea what to expect, but dammit I want to see Frost/Nixon on Broadway before it closes August 19 and so I'm going to earn this money to go see it.

I just hope I'll enjoy it. I'll try to go with an open mind, because working that many hours for the rest of this summer better be worth it.

As I said...I'm determined to see Frost/Nixon on Broadway this summer so I have an incentive to work hard and get paid :yes:

Well holy crap.

I now have 2 jobs, and one of them is full time :ohmy:

They won't help towards political experience but man I'll be making tons of money! I'll try and save some of it to get back to Europe some day soon :D

u2democrat - I'm in NY for the summer, I would totally go see that with you (but I prefer the student rush/half price day of broadway method).

Congrats on the job(s).

U2democrat said:

But for the next few weeks I'll be working 11 hours a day...which means less time on the Blue Crack :sad:

I won't tell you how many hours I spend working...and still get quality time here. :wink:

U2democrat said:
Thanks...the last week has been an absolute whirlwind.

But for the next few weeks I'll be working 11 hours a day...which means less time on the Blue Crack :sad:
Beat me why don't you :wink:

:lol:

I'll be working 5 hours overtime tomorrow plus 3 hours in my other job :D

and guess who's going to NYC the weekend of August 10 with tickets to see Frost/Nixon on the 11th.........:hyper:

...oh yeah and Mia (unico) is going with me :wink:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Lila. :D

I'm absolutely exhausted all the time now and I have no energy to do anything in what little time I have free, but it'll all be worth it when the paychecks come in :up:

Congratulations U2democrat!! :applaud: It's good to hear things have worked out so well in such a short time :ohmy:

Good luck on your new jobs :hug:

Back
Top Bottom