I (sort of) got a job -- finally!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meegannie

Blue Crack Addict
:hyper:

I had a job interview yesterday at the university library, and even though it was the best interview I've done so far, I was POSITIVE I hadn't gotten the job. Then this afternoon, I went out to the shops and came home to a message from the library. So I called them back and they said they'd like to offer me the job, but they can't make a formal offer until they've gotten my references. So I called one of the people I'd listed and have emailed the other (she was out of the office when I called), and the university is going to call me on Monday to let me know what's going on. I'm SO scared that one or both of the emails won't go through (both of my references are in America so the university emailed instead of calling), or that they won't have time to send a reference by Monday afternoon UK time . :yikes: I HOPE that if they've just gotten one they'll wait for the other or let me give my manager at Oxfam as a reference (I didn't list them since I've only been volunteering there twice a week for a month). I'm so nervous because I'm THIS close to getting a job I really, really want, and the only thing that's stopping me is out of my control.

I need a sedative. :|

:applaud:

I'm positive it will go through!

Still, I'm sending over good vibes to you, as you can never have too much of those. :)

:up:

:hyper:

take a deep breath, everything's gonna work out. awesome news!

:up:

unrelated tangent: thanks for the awesome cd! lots of stuff i hadn't heard before. sorry mine was so heinously late in getting out to you... my cd burner died right before christmas. :reject:

Happy thoughts, Meggie - happy thoughts!! :hyper:
Everything happens just as it should.... if this is the job you're supposed to have, it will happen for you - even against the greatest odds. :yes:

But, as a superstitious old gal, I'll send you some good vibes anyway!! :wink: Let us know what happens!

:applaud: :applaud: :applaud:

They should just ask all of us. We'd give you a glowing reference. We can all attest to your meticulousness and reliability in sending out a mix on time and correcting our grammar and everything! :)

Last edited:
:applaud: *crosses fingers and legs and eyes, anything to send good luck your way* and plenty of good thoughts

Congrats!

They'll wait until all of your stuff comes through. They wouldn't have called you like that if they weren't sure they wanted you to work for them.

Thanks, everyone. :) I found out yesterday that they got both of my references, so I have the job. I start on 7 February. It doesn't pay much and is only part-time, but at least it's work experience in this country and in an area I'd actually like to work in.

meegannie said:
Thanks, everyone. :) I found out yesterday that they got both of my references, so I have the job. I start on 7 February. It doesn't pay much and is only part-time, but at least it's work experience in this country and in an area I'd actually like to work in.

awesome!!

congrats!!

Congrats Meegannie!

Not to sabotage your thread, but I finally got a job in the Twin Cities where my wife has already been working for two and half months. It was kind of fun being a bachelor (basically seeing every movie imaginable) but I missed her a lot and am happy to finally be reunited in a couple weeks. Oh, and the new job pays me several thousand more than my current Chicago job, so not too shabby. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom