I Smashed Up My Dad's Car

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I drove my mothers car through the end of our garage and into the dining room. Really all anyone could do was laugh....

But I have been in another pretty major accident and I know how it feels. The best advice I can give is just to get back out on the road and try not to be a nervous driver. It (the nervousness, fear etc) does pass pretty quickly.

Earnie Shavers said:
But I have been in another pretty major accident and I know how it feels. The best advice I can give is just to get back out on the road and try not to be a nervous driver. It (the nervousness, fear etc) does pass pretty quickly.

Good advice indeed. My mother wrecked our car about ten years ago (it was only 1 day old :() and she's been affraid to drive ever since. Occasionally I give her driving lessons but she's just to affraid to pick it up again, even though she used to be an excellent driver. Get back on the horse as soon as possible. :up:

I've been driving my car around town and to work just fine (pretty much). I don't want to drive Dad's car again though, and I most certainly don't want to drive it over that bridge. I'm gonna have to next Saturday though...we couldn't go this Saturday because the car isn't ready yet (they had to wait on a part).

Bonochick said:
I've been driving my car around town and to work just fine (pretty much). I don't want to drive Dad's car again though, and I most certainly don't want to drive it over that bridge. I'm gonna have to next Saturday though...we couldn't go this Saturday because the car isn't ready yet (they had to wait on a part).

:hug:

You'll be okay...but the longer you wait, the harder it will be. I was in a pretty bad accident just a few blocks from home and for a few weeks, I tried to avoid making a left turn at the intersection where it happened. I was really nervous, even as a passenger because I kept reliving it but I finally forced myself to do it. I couldn't go on avoiding my regular route and once I did it a few times, it got easier and easier.

I was waiting at the same light a few days ago and realized that 5 years have already passed since my accident and I use that intersection almost everyday and it never even comes to mind anymore.

In the words of Cosmo Kramer...giddyup! Kick that bridge's ass! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom