I should work on my thesis but..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got sth like 18 pages left. plus more examples plus correcting again. by the way: when you quote the American way like f.e. (Dannen 1992: 39) - how do you quote an internet source? Websites dont have pages, so would it just be (Dannen 1992)? Or any other idea folks?

For Honor: again youre surfing on blue crack trying to find. whatever. STOP THIS and start serious work. Now. :p

well... seems that I have missed my personal deadline. wanted to finish the end of march. great :sigh:

whenhiphopdrovethebigcars said:
I got sth like 18 pages left. plus more examples plus correcting again. by the way: when you quote the American way like f.e. (Dannen 1992: 39) - how do you quote an internet source? Websites dont have pages, so would it just be (Dannen 1992)? Or any other idea folks?

Well, if you want some advice on citing and stuff, my "school site" has a bunch of stuff for MLA and APA and other things. It might be of use to someone. I'll try to find some links....

Thanks for the ridicule.
I need it
And I think the PAF mod is.... under control.....

Thanks a lot, the link was helpful.

However, what I found is dealing with some citing information. I can see how to cite at the end, but if I got an internet source in the text, how do I cite the internet source in the text itself?

Say, I got an article by Ordonez, Jennifer: "Haven´t heard of her?", Wall Street Journal 26. February 2002

In the real text, I describe what she says in the article and then add (Ordonez 2002: page). Now, when I do that with a book there is a page. But when I do it with a newspaper article that I found online, there´s no page at all! So how are we gonna deal with that one? Simply write (Ordonez 2002) (and put the full citing info in the back anyway, sure)?

Last edited:
Hey Hiphop! :) I'm not sure what style you're using (I use MLA) but when it's something online, I just say "online" where I"d put the page number. You could try that. Ordonez 2002: online.

:) :wave:

SD

Sherry Darling said:
Hey Hiphop! :) I'm not sure what style you're using (I use MLA) but when it's something online, I just say "online" where I"d put the page number. You could try that. Ordonez 2002: online.

:) :wave:

SD

: online ... hmmmh. yeah. and then a footnote to .. :)
(i will also have to check all the internet resources again IF they are still online too)

:angry: my head is so full of this damn stuff.

i am also getting nervous. who knows if and the corrections and blah.

15+ pages left.

thanks for the suggestion.. maybe like online.. hmmh :) :wave:

I have nothing to do right now, and I'm so agitated....

might as well get some things done..........

Maybe that's just what I need to do...............

Here is my list

4/4/2005
Latin - Virigl;Expressions 8;"The Proud Emperor"
Modernism- get the book; [[[[[get slip]]]]]<--done
**PAF** - *Mod II; Mod III
AA- (X)
AGD- (X)
SOC- Select a topic....; read rasta article for later
(P.E.- Shake it with style in the dance unit --- objective complete !!! :evil: :tongue: :mac: :dance: :D )
Physics - Make up lab tomorrow

There, that's everything. I will check in and update it. Perhaps this way I will be productive and efficient.

And if I am acting lackluster, just tell to think about dancing. We only did square dancing, but sometimes it can be plenty good enough even if it doesn't look pretty. Of course, it's always good when you are being fought over ... :mega-gloat:

Mmm, yes, I will hold those thoughts infront of me like a carrot infront of a workhorse.

It's dissapointing, because Tauruses are supposed to be like the ultimate workers, but I've been so lazy lately... Time to rectify that part of me, I feel.

And even in my studies of discipline:

#4 - Right action ---- NO PROCRASTINATION!!!!!!
#5 - Right Livelyhood ---- learn to enjoy the work - it is a part of you
#6 - Right Effort ----- *ahem*
#8 - Right Concentration ----- FOCUS on what needs to be done!!

And, lastly, on a side note, listen to PRIDE, as not only it relgious on behalf of the Pope, it is also "April 4.... shot rings out... in the Memphis sky..."

"Free at last, they took your life
They could not
Take your
Pride...."

Hmm, where is my pride?

Last edited:
For Honor said:
Here is my list

4/4/2005
Latin - Virigl;Expressions 8;"The Proud Emperor"
Modernism- get the book; [[[[[get slip]]]]]<--done
**PAF** - *Mod II; Mod III
AA- (X)
AGD- (X)
SOC- Select a topic....; read rasta article for later
(P.E.- Shake it with style in the dance unit --- objective complete !!! :evil: :tongue: :mac: :dance: :D )
Physics - Make up lab tomorrow

Well, Mod II is basically out of the way, at long last.
I've spent the night listening to an oldies station that plays some quality music, from old country to old jazz. I've tried AOLs Dance/Electronica station on their radioAOL or whatever, but whenever I bring that up, my CPU crashes in moments. That's depressing..... And of course, I play HTDAAB everynow and then

Wow, Man And A Woman is a great song!!!!
that's exactly how I feel.

Anyhow, it's...... 2:19 am local time
I'm going to probably be up all night, and I've already prepared my cap and sunglasses tomorrow so i can rest my eyes- the lights kill me.

But so be it.

I've still got a few hours where I can knock of other things, like some of Mod III.

Everything else is in the distance, honestly, and I've been working since I got home at 3:30 pm, so I'll just stikc with PAF for now.

and I'm not doing any extra work tomorrow, so the lab will wait for Wednesday. Sorry Mr. Caldaro.

I love working late at night, but I don't have an schedual - sleeping, eating, resting, anything. The only constatns are the bus rides, and my showers in the morning.

I am not living healthy life at all. And I'm not even 18, but I'm worried about loosing hair.....it's been such a stressful year, and school is only part of a larger part......... oh well........

...just have to keep my PRIDE...

Hm. Havent been doing a lot the last days. The pope etc. .. had to watch t.v.

:runs away:

I've got a lot of time, and I think I've got some work ethic!!!!!!
I should get some things done within the next 24 hours!!!

It's amazing -- for me, increased physical activity has produced more work ethic/desire. I guess i hosuld have been an athlete, like some people say.....

but I think I'm really a physical person, and I need physicality to balance my life......

:hmm:...............

:dance:
:yes:

+12 pages left.. hmmmh... my heads gonna explode soon enough.. with all those contractual clauses that I have to translate and explain. But when I saw Be Cool, I realized what a lovely industry I am writing about again. This Travolta kid and Uma are so fun :lol:

Yea! I'm doing good.

Latin is where it should be, and Mod II is gone...... now time for corrections...... :huh:

Mod III I should get done tonight
Everything else is alright

I'm making progress..... slowly.

I really wonder why I wait until 10 pm to get motivated

most of the time, I'm home by 4, and I don't do a damn thing. I think I need to work out some things......

wasting 6 hours of time a day is pretty pathetic

thats..........

that's 1/4 of my day

doig nothing

!!!!!!!!

yeah but its not doing nothing.. youre doing something. maybe not thewhatnot butyou also have to relax sometimes. thats not pathetic, but natural! enjoy. :)

i should do more however!!

+7 pages left ... uhuh.. should we present the paper next thursday, probably? i have fear that the prof will say add this and that and that and this too and write more about that..

ayay

still not done. beat my ass.

well today is the day, i´ll probably go to the prof.. still got around 4 pages left though, and started the litterature index in the end.. and that is kinda complicated and shit boring too. but anyway i´ll have to ask what about citing etc.

so i better go today. but i´m not feeling comfortable. because: WHAT IF?

Last edited:
I don't know why...... I slept for a logn time to day, and I am still tired.......

i hate it, because I need to motivate myself to do work, and it's taking a while.

but you don't have to be motivated to start something......

Dammit - that's what you get when you are a Fixed Earth sign.......

lol

I´m slowly getting drunk in order to be able to write some extra pseudo academic shit introduction the prof has told me to. Great huh :angry:

We all do stuff from time to time

And you know what they usd to say about booze - it was the serum of truth!

I'm sure your words will flow with amazing and striking sincerity.... just don't spill anything on the cpu/paper

I handed in my thesis yesterday :) :dance:

YEAH. 133 pages of what you have to know hen you wanna be a popstar.

so now the prof has to correct, then i can officially hand it in, and then prepare for the final exams.

I had about 3 hrs of sleep in the last nights.. now I have finally slept for ten hrs and feel fresh.

had to correct about 500 mistakes which was really shitty and boring. Plus all the crap that comes with it, quoting, editing, litterature list etc., about 70 books and websites.. pretty much work.

I feel so relieved. I didnt go to a few parties I should have been going to; the Kills were playing.. well, what can I do. Now I think I will go see Star Wars.

I am so fucking proud (- a little ahead of my time, still have to finish the studies!)

BLESSINGS TO Y´ALL. :hug:

Last edited:
You better have enjoyed STAR WARS. But don't ruin it for me when you get back... haven't seeni t yet. but maybe tomorrow.....

Great Job!

Yeah go see Star Wars its ok. Things unfold etc... this story at the end is a little weird, like you know, dreams n all, no I won´t tell you much more ;) Lucas is great but thats just a weak story.

What about you and learning stuff? Thought you had finished school by now? Or sooner, or later :D

OK.

Update, to whom it may concern-

Actually I officially handed it in the end of June, after printing and all that documents stuff had been done.

Now it took the prof three friggin months to correct it.

However, I got it back! Yeah folks. And I have passed. And not only passed but well, with a grade which is really ok, a 2 ("good", in a range from 1 "very good" to 5 "not passed"). Yeah, well, it could have been a very good, since the thesis is brilliant, but it is a very actual topic, so however.. and I would´ve been content with a 3 too (frankly, I don´t care a lot as long as I pass).

Alright, so thats that.

Last step on the stony way to the Masters will be the final exam. Still have to pick a date for that. Maybe the start/ middle of November, since they´re all not here now (the three profs that are gonna ask me at the exam) and I would have to repeat all that music history probably, dunno what they´re gonna ask, so.. I have certain topics, like New Media (yeah, all that streaming and internet stuff) and Archiving, but anyhow.. if they also ask me about Wagner for example, I´d just know his most important works.. which is probably not enough for a Masters, I should know everything, everything, what if they ask me about the Greeks or about Schönberg or Berg or 20th century or the Gregorian Chorals or.. shit.

So here we go, I am happy I have passed. One step at a time. Ah, and now I´ll check up on that record company guy who wants to read it...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom