I saw a psychiatrist today..........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't really know what to say, except that quite a few people are in the same situation, not that it makes it any easier for you. I know a bit about how you feel, if that helps at all. Sometimes it feels like you're so alone in that situation. And don't let anyone judge you or put you down for it.

I just hope that the medication will help you. Please be careful though and keep in good contact w/ your doctor, because any drug like that can become problematic.

You are much too good of a person to leave this world. Please take care of yourself. :hug:

Yes indeed-good for you for getting help

:hug:

I go see a counselor once a month, and it's a wonderful thing. Just think of what things would be like if everyone had the chance to work out their problems and concerns with a professional once a month! ;)

Take care, Lemonboy. We're always here if you need to talk about things.

Last edited:

Lemonboy, there are so many people in the world that feel like you do, and so many of them do not have the courage to do something about it. Opening up to a doctor is the first step, and listening to his advice (about the meds) is the second.

Good for you.

Your interference friends are here to help.

:hug: Everyone else said it perfectly.... I'm glad you were able to ask for help - that shows that you want to help yourself! We're here for you anytime.

Lemonboy I am glad that you are seeing someone, and I am hoping that the medication works for you. Since my mom passed away in August I am seeing a Psychiatrist too, plus I'm on meds. At times I think I'm going crazy,but that is part of the greiving process. I know how you feel, so I want you to know you are not alone. Try to take one day at a time if you can.

I have been taking Prozac for just over three years and I can't imagine what I did before that. I am the poster child for Prozac. I pray it works as well for you as it has for me.
God Bless

Lemonboy, I'm so happy you sought out help. Take care.

People have this incredibly strange stigma with mental health....like it's something that we can 'control' or that people are making stuff up and should just be able to 'snap out of it' (their mood). When, in reality, mental health, depression, anxiety, eating disorders, etc, are serious conditions that affect more than 1/3 of the US every single year.

So, know that you are not alone. We're here, your psychiatrist is there, and I'm sure many others. I'm sure it's difficult, but take it one day at a time...

Walk On.

Good luck. :) Inform your psychiatrist if you start feeling "manic" all the time. SSRIs in misdiagnosed manic-depressives puts them in a prolonged manic phase that can cause problems.

Melon

The_Sweetest_Thing said:
Lemonboy, I'm so happy you sought out help. Take care.

People have this incredibly strange stigma with mental health....like it's something that we can 'control' or that people are making stuff up and should just be able to 'snap out of it' (their mood). When, in reality, mental health, depression, anxiety, eating disorders, etc, are serious conditions that affect more than 1/3 of the US every single year.

So, know that you are not alone. We're here, your psychiatrist is there, and I'm sure many others. I'm sure it's difficult, but take it one day at a time...

Walk On.

I agree with what everyone has said, especially this. ^

Take care Lemonboy! :hug:

Hun, meds are good, just remebr they take a couple of weeks to kick in. And yes, i will pray for you and send you love :hug:

lemon boy--you took that first step in admitting to yourself that you want to get better. So many people are dealing with depression, and so many won't take the first step. Don't be afraid of the meds, but do be aware of side effects. Don't stop the prozac without telling your doc first. Suicide isn't the way to go. So many people are out here thinking about you, and pulling for you. Hold on--it's worth it!

Take care of yourself. Whatever it is that is causing you distress, it will pass. Life has ups and downs and somtimes it seems like things will never get better, but it does get better. Give yourself some time to rest and regroup. I think talking to someone was a noble step on your part. We are here for you too.:wave:

Back
Top Bottom