I really love.........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angel

Elvis' Naughty Angel
...... smoking. :hyper:

It's a confession 'cause it's bad and I neeeeeed to quit, but everytime I think I have smoked my last cigarette, I can't handle it. :crack: :banghead:

I love my morning smoke on the way to work. I love my afternoon smoke on my way home... and the best, is the after dinner smoke. :help:

How... oh how? am I to leave the one I love? :crazy:

:combust:

Last edited:
I quit smoking last year on August 28th. One week before my anniversary of being smoke-free.....I started again.

:reject:

I really don't care though because I enjoy it too much (like after eating) and I know I've quit before so I'll be able to quit again.

:slant:

:heart:
icon_smoke.gif
:heart:

I can't stand the smell of cigarette smoke. Which is another reason why living in California kicks ass. You can go to a bar/pub/club, and at the end of the night, you don't have to febreeze all your clothes and wash you hair because you reek of smoke.

I have a friend who used to smoke and then quit (a year ago), and lately she's been totally on an anti-smoking push with all of her friends, saying "Smoking is bad for you, it'll kill you!" and that she'd never start up again because she's seen what it can do to you (her grandma died of lung cancer and her other grandma is dying of the same).

So imagine my dismay when after a night out at the bar I see her outside puffing away (she was drunk, but that's no excuse). Man I was pissed. I think I gave her the king of all guilt trips. She got the point though.

Diemen said:
I can't stand the smell of cigarette smoke. Which is another reason why living in California kicks ass. You can go to a bar/pub/club, and at the end of the night, you don't have to febreeze all your clothes and wash you hair because you reek of smoke.

:madspit: to that stupid law. I can understand no smoking in a restaurant but a BAR?? Come on.. bars and cigarettes go hand in hand. I hate having to go outside to smoke.

smokin.gif

____
:reject: I dont think there are many smokers on interference

Sicy said:

:madspit: to that stupid law. I can understand no smoking in a restaurant but a BAR?? Come on.. bars and cigarettes go hand in hand. I hate having to go outside to smoke.

smokin.gif

____
:reject: I dont think there are many smokers on interference

I hate having to put up with someone not only ruining their lungs but ruining mine when I only wanted to go for a couple drinks. :)

If you think about it, it really isn't fair for non-smokers who have no desire to ruin their lungs to have to put up with something that is a proven cause of lung cancer, simply because it's become so accepted in society. I'm glad California is ahead of the game on this one.

____
:hmm: Maybe they could make smokers only bars/pubs where everyone can light up inside to their heart's content

Confession Time?

I have been hooked for the past 25 years. I have become a bit more serious about giving up, but only a bit. I have recently found the discipline to lose weight and get fitter, but I CAN'T give up the fags...not yet.
But I can feel/see that it is really damaging my health and if I don't do something about it soon.............
I used to think I didn't care, but the thing I know realise is, not that many people are lucky enough to drop dead quickly. I think you tend to linger and rot slowly from the inside and become a burden to your loved ones. (Sorry if I am spoiling anyone's enjoyment of their smoke..believe me I LOVE IT CRAVE IT!! that first tendril of smoke as it winds down your throat and pervades your body ahhhhhhhhh:heart: )
It's just I've stumbled on this thread at a time when I am going through "stuff" ( my hub HATES me smoking, we had another bad scene yesterday about it yesterday)
So I love it, it hates me, it's a struggle.
I was actually thinking of having Yul Brunner as my avatar with his famous parting words displayed "DON'T SMOKE"
Not today though...I'm about to light up:help: :combust:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom