I really hate going to the Babyface Cafe and seeing..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

z edge

I serve MacPhisto
brand new members post their hellos to all of us and only getting 1 or to reply "welcomes" or worse, NONE!

These people are new, they can't post a thread like me or others and get 100 replies just off the bat!!

Why don't we all go there and welcome these folks? If we don't then they might find us a bit 'cliquesh' and move on.

We have had 1400 new members join in the last month, correct? Yet where are they? This place should be overloaded then, no???

My point is, and I am guilty of what I am bitching about too btw, we should all make a point to go to the Babyface Cafe and welcome each new member and try to get these folks to post here!

I hate for a new person to go away and not feel welcome here.

and

I have a habit of automatically rating a new members' thread 5***** stars, because GOD knows I have had some horrid trash threads of my own rated like that!

Last edited:
i feel bad about that too, but i don't really go there....i'm kind of busy...that and my stupid dialup...i'll try and go there more...is that good enough for ya, z? ;)

Like I've been saying...

all they need is a babyfacepimp and some :love: .

:sexywink: :ohmy: :der: :wink:

i totally agree and feel the same way too.

i am a guilty member here, i think i will do this from now on!!

<----This is how I feel

When the forum first went up I replied to almost every post.....

Now I don't.....:(

I feel horrible for not even going in there....

No wonder the newbies aren't posting, they are only getting like 2 or 3 responses, some real warm welcome :rolleyes:

me=:reject:

I believe I have replied to almost of them...I may have only missed a couple. I remember when I was new, I felt totally ignored sometimes...and I was scared to post. If they are going to jump right in and post, I want to make them feel welcome! :kiss:

I admit i've denied that place myself--I've only gone there a couple times. I will start checking in more often. Thanks for the eye-opener, Z.

I go there sometimes, but not enough. :reject:

I'll go by more often and say :wave: because I know how shy I was when I first joined and ( :shocked: ) never posted.

First, I think most people think it's only for newbies and don't go there. I don't think most of us knew we were supposed to be going there welcoming them, I didn't. Second, I think there have been so many 'newbies' who were actually just aliases of existing members that it got old. I mean, if you're gonna have an alias, or change your name, fine, but don't go 'hi I'm new' I think that's lame. Just my 2 cents.

One more thing on this topic- I understand why it was done, but since all the newbie threads in PLEBA are merged into one large one, and people's posts don't always show up in order, it's really confusing as to who said what to who. I've stopped reading it for that reason.

I think Bonochick is the 'babyfacepimp', as she has welcomed virtually every new member. Sicy too, I have noticed.

Thanks kids

Umm, meaning that she has been welcoming newbiews since the beginning of time. My first thread I announced my newness to the forum with a warm welcome from Bonochick, Johnny Swallow, The Wanderer and a couple of others (that I can't specifically remember)

SO thats why I called her a pimp:D

She has been making us feel welcome forever:)

Thanks Z. Since reading this, I felt pretty rude and have made a genuine effort to welcome random new folks. Hope they feel welcome, cos they all are.

you're right z. you're a nice boy. and i'm actually not just being sarcastic for once. this is an excellent thread.

*rates thread five stars

z edge said:
brand new members post their hellos to all of us and only getting 1 or to reply "welcomes" or worse, NONE!

These people are new, they can't post a thread like me or others and get 100 replies just off the bat!!

Why don't we all go there and welcome these folks? If we don't then they might find us a bit 'cliquesh' and move on.

We have had 1400 new members join in the last month, correct? Yet where are they? This place should be overloaded then, no???

My point is, and I am guilty of what I am bitching about too btw, we should all make a point to go to the Babyface Cafe and welcome each new member and try to get these folks to post here!

I hate for a new person to go away and not feel welcome here.

Well, I just posted in the Babyface Cafe and I got lots of replies--not 100's, but quite a few. I was very happy and felt very welcomed!

I'm still trying to find my way around--this place is huge! :huh:

Elisabeth

This place seems overwhelming at first, AvsGirl41, but pretty soon it will all become second nature!

___
:wave: Then you will waste WAY too much time here!!!!!

Yeah you'll find your favorite forums then you'll get a routine down everyday.. skipping most of them. :laugh:

Bonochick said:
This place seems overwhelming at first, AvsGirl41, but pretty soon it will all become second nature!

___
:wave: Then you will waste WAY too much time here!!!!!

LOL! I think that's starting already. :laugh: It fills up those long hours at work though....what else am I supposed to do, work? :)

Elisabeth

Back
Top Bottom