i really dont see the big deal about school proms...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry, I just had to respond when I saw this thread! I went to both my junior and senior prom and didn't exactly have a great time at either, although junior prom was okay because I actually had a date (went with a guy friend; no "hooking up" or anything like that). Senior prom, though, was another story. I was planning on going with the "love of my life" (at that point in time, anyway), but about two weeks before the actual prom he ditched me for another girl. :mad: Trying to be the supportive good friend and all that, I told him I was okay with it, because I wanted him to be happy or whatever, and I thought he actually liked this girl a lot. Turns out he wasn't actually interested in her romantically - apparently he decided to go with her because she was more conventionally pretty than me, I guess. *shrugs* Anyway, after he ditched me I was going to go with a friend of mine whose date had ditched him as well, but then he decided that he wanted to go with an ex-girlfriend of his and try to get back together with her. By this point, I was just laughing at the absurdity of the situation, so I decided to try for a record. I ended up getting "rejected" by about thirty-one males and went to prom with no date (which, in retrospect, was stupid - it would've been more fun to just go with one of my single guy friends, but I wasn't thinking about that then). The kicker? I sent in my record to Guinness...and they rejected me, too! :wink:

Just my two cents: in my HS in Alberta, Canada, we didn't have "proms"; there was Grad, as in a Graduation celebration with a dance, dinner, speeches, etc. and the actual diploma ceremony weeks prior and only the One for grade twelve students who were graduating and my HS had only grades 10-12; gr. 7-9 was Junior High.
I did go to mine, dateless, although my crush-er (sp?) asked, but I wasn't into him, etc. so it was just my friend and I and she didn't drink then and we didn't get an "aftergrad" party where everyone gets bussed to a remote location, like a farm field or whatever and gets wasted, etc. so we had no parties to go to afterward (we weren't "popular", but not losers either; we just didn't have loads of pals) so I ended up getting to know the friend of the guy I turned down, and we became friends! All in all, it wasn't fabulous (thank goodness I didn't spend a fortune on dress, hair, etc.) but I made a friend out of it!:)

Back
Top Bottom