I ran today...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justified

Refugee
I did a full lap out of my two mile speed walk! :laugh:
YES GO ME! :der:

I am working on running a full mile without stopping. Boy when you have some weight to lose running really makes you feel like a slob. You feel each excessive pound fall on your bones when each foot hits the ground.

Let's see how long I can keep this up without hurting myself.

:up:

That's what I'm working on...gradually upping my jogs and thus my endurance to enable me to run long distances. Go us!

Justified said:

I am working on running a full mile without stopping. Boy when you have some weight to lose running really makes you feel like a slob. You feel each excessive pound fall on your bones when each foot hits the ground.

Watch those knees girl! :up:

Justified said:

I'm sorry, I should have asked 'what shoes were you wearing?'

Make sure you wear proper shoes, it's very important.

You may have to go shoe shopping :wink:

Mullen-girl's sig makes me :lol: LOL

:lol:

Get great running shoes MVD--realy, it makes all the difference. I ended up in a specialty running shoe store when I started running last summer, because the idiots at regular sports stores had no clue what to do when your foot rolls inward.

Me: :angry:

Granted, I haven't run since last year and I'm dreading starting again and having no stamina, and as stated before, everything kinda jiggles at its own pace.

I need to get new running shoes BADLY.

I have fallen out of my habit...running only occasionally instead of five or six days a week like I used to. I've decided that I have to get back into the habit, and did four miles on Saturday, and followed that up with an unexpected (my in-shape friend told me "you have no choice...we are goinf") 10 mile bike ride after that. I love to run though! :D

running=good

my knees disagree, but i tell them to shut up.

not playing frisbee this season, i'm afraid to go out running and be reminded of how terribly out of shape i am.

zonelistener said:
hi miss negative! Thanks for your insightful input into the running topic! :wave:

Sorry, but I really do not like running. It gets so boring for me. And I have never once experienced "runner's high" I pefer other forms of exercise like pilates.

:up: I don't mind excercise

but running is boring and evil

on MG's sig btw:
isn't it "tourets"?

:huh: :mad: well as luck would have it my right knee last night told me that I am full of myself to think I can actually run! :sad:

It gave out on me last night while I was in my hotel in Charlotte! I sprained my wrist, my ankle as well as my knee! :down:

Re: Re: I ran today...

fah said:

I'm sorry, I should have asked 'what shoes were you wearing?'

Make sure you wear proper shoes, it's very important.

You may have to go shoe shopping :wink:

Clearly my existing running shoes are not doing the job, I think I shall invest in a pair of $80 Nikes. :wink:

Justified said:
It gave out on me last night while I was in my hotel in Charlotte! I sprained my wrist, my ankle as well as my knee! :down:

YIKES! This might be more than just shoes. I know you have had surgery at least once on your knees...I would consult a doctor before running.

AND, like Fah said, go to an actual running store to get shoes. I know Atlanta has a few running stores, as well as Charlotte and just about ANY city you travel too! :D

zonelistener said:

YIKES! This might be more than just shoes. I know you have had surgery at least once on your knees...I would consult a doctor before running.

I haven't had surgery on my knees. Not yet. I have a Dr. Appt tomorrow to have my leg and arm looked at. The swelling is still there in my right foot, right ankle and knee as well as my wrist. :sigh:

Back
Top Bottom