I quit a job for another job... didnt get other job...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

uwwedoogie

Rock n' Roll Doggie
ive been looking for a job all summer and then I got a job from my friend but a better one came along before I started so I told her to tell the boss I quit (before i even started) and then the other job in the end I didnt get... so Ive been looking for a job for over a month, then I get 2 and screw them both up...

KhanadaRhodes said:
the first rule of employment is to never quit your job until the other job has hired you! :shame:

:up:

Seriously. I'm amazed how many people manage to screw this up (including a few of my former coworkers).

Is there anyway you can get back at that other job?

When I was 16, the place I was working at in the mall went out of business, and I managed to get another job in the mall. Well, a person I worked with at the store that shut down was opening a new store in the mall, and he offered me a job there that paid more. I called the place that had already hired me and told them that I'd found another job. Well...long story short, I was unfairly fired within 2 weeks. I was so depressed. However, the assistant manager (a person we had worked with at the store that shut down) knew that my firing was unfair, so she went into the store I had quit one day and casually mentioned to the manager there that I had decided not to take the other job afterall. That place called me up and offered me the job again.

due to not getting the job I've been sent to my Dads in dublin, so i started looking there today and...

..,got a job in a cool pub - the type of job I wanted :wink:

so there I am filling in the application form and am ready to start behind the bar on thursday night when they look at my dob and see Im not 18 until february and they were sued €70,000 recently for hiring under 18s after 10'o clock so i didnt get the job... lifes really a balls :mad:

Back
Top Bottom