I packed up all my U2 stuff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angel

Elvis' Naughty Angel
:scream:

I can't take it with me to Montreal....... not right away anyhow. So I packed up all my U2 magazines and videos.... (videos of stuff I recorded off TV).

Tour programs... old calendars... memorabilia. :crack: All boxed up. :(

I am a bad U2 fan. :reject:

I spent the Christmas before last in Virginia, staying with John. One of my gifts was a big U2 poster. It wasn't rolled up...it was sealed in plastic on a piece of cardboard. I didn't want to risk it getting damaged on the plane, so I left it at his house...I think it's sitting under his bed. :reject:

Yes...I wish I had it here! :( I was just so worried it would get wrecked on the plane.

That poster went everywhere with us during my stay there...:lol: It rode in the backseat, and we took pictures of me with it at a bunch of places.

336%3C452323232%7Ffp65%3Dot%3E2326%3D935%3D%3B96%3Dxroqdf%3E232338575%3C832ot1lsi

336%3C452323232%7Ffp69%3Dot%3E2326%3D935%3D%3B96%3Dxroqdf%3E232338575%3C944ot1lsi

:laugh: That's a beautiful poster! I should have taken pictures of all my U2 stuff. :der: I did however, write down in a music journal all the magazines and videos and stuff that I have... so at least I can read through and remember what I am missing. :|

:reject: I even put all my mags and stuff in green garbage bags within the box in case there could be moisture damage. :crazy:

Angel, are you moving? If you are, don't let movers handle your U2 stuff- take it with you in a car if possible or get someone else to bring it. Why? I just read a story on another list about a lady who found out movers stole her entire U2 collection and sold everything! She had memorabilia, rare items, even pics and autographs with the band dating back to the mid 80's. What a tragic loss! The movers are being prosecuted, but it will never replace her stuff. Sometimes you never think anyone would do such a thing, but some do:mad:

Here's her sad story:

Hello, I am Katie Lovering, a former Boston resident, who saw U2 7 times in 1 1/2 yrs 1992-93, but have been a lifelong fan since 1980. I moved to Colorado in 2001, and my movers illegally sold all my and my son's belongings illegally after they did a bait and switch to us upon delivery. They broke 2 federal statues governing movers, and have a pending lawsuit to recover monetary damages....but that cannot replace the photos I took of U2 during my most fun EVER year and a half in my life! I lost an unopened Achtung Baby LP, all my U2 CD's, 4 full photo albums of U2 photos(some signed by band and staff),some U2 comic books I found in Kansas CIty, U2 concert programs, T-Shirts, a 45 of "A Celebration", bumper stickers, ticket stubs(one was unused, from U2's Kansas City concert, I was invited to the sound check and did not have to use my ticket!), and the occasional backstage pass that I acquired (1 from my cousin, whose band opened for U2 in Worcester, MA, he was the drummer of the Pixies) and one I found in Cardiff, Wales in 1993.I had autographed 5x7's of Adam, Edge, and Bono, 2 of Bono, who told me I am an excellent photographer in August 1992 in front of the 4 Seasons Hotel! (were any of you there?) Anyway, if I have traded any of my photos to you, or have any you'd let me buy (from any show) please send me a message (kmlovering@earthlink.net) I would greatly appreciate it. I am slowly buying all my U2 CD's back, and adding new ones to my collection, and would like to get a photo album together also. Thank you for your help!!!! Katie

Last edited:
:( That's horrible.

No I am not moving my U2 stuff. Not right now anyway... I am storing it at my aunts for the time being... but I was planning on shipping it out eventually. I'll be sure to give it a fake label though. Never thought about box labelled u2 catching someone's eye eh?

Last edited:
BC, where on earth did John even find that poster? It's gorgeous!!

Angel, you're not a bad fan. In fact, the fact that you've stored it so carefully proves how good a fan you are, in that you're willing to take care of it all. As long as you bring a few CDs with you...(and as long as the true reason why you're not briging the U2 stuff isn't that your Justified stuff takes up all the available space)

:ohmy: Sweetest_Thing! :lol: Justifiiiiied :drool:

I own no Justin stuff :angry:

I am actually t aking ALL my CD's with me... eventually, plus some framed pics of the boys I have and stuff... I couldn't leave it all behind. :)

A lot of my "early" stuff is still in New Jersey in my Dad's attic. He packed it up when I moved. Eventually, I will retrieve it - and marvel at all the cool stuff I have. (most of it is from the Joshua Tree era)

Back
Top Bottom