I now know that Madagascar is....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoobaby14

War Child
A country!

I thought it was just a funny name made up for the movie Madagascar.

It wasn't until today when I looked at a map of the world that I saw the Island.

:reject:

One of the biggest blonde moments i've ever had

I've known about Madagascar because of the board game Risk. Such is the depth of my own stupidity that I learned a bit of geography from games. I was 7, though.

A former German president, then already suffering from a form of dementia, once greeted the First Lady of Madagascar with, "Hello Miss Antananarivo!", which is the name of the capital. :)

No spoken words said:
I've known about Madagascar because of the board game Risk. Such is the depth of my own stupidity that I learned a bit of geography from games. I was 7, though.

Me too! Remember Kamchatka?

I actually laughed out loud when I read the original post! Good times.

Oh, and it's famous for pirates. Real modern pirates, like in "The Life Aquatic".

Risk, motherfucker.... Do you play it?

800pxriskinplaylh2.jpg

A few years ago I had dinner with the Archbishop of Madagascar. He is a funny dude. He kept pouring beer into my glass every time it was near empty. He also said that he liked my laugh and said laughter was good for the soul. Oh and then he poured sirracha all over my mashed potatoes. He cracked me up. But yeah, that's how I know Madagascar exists.

:love: RISK! :love:

great game!

:tsk: but that board looks freakily new... I have the ancient one! which doesn't have fancy cannons or w/e but just random plastic pieces as pawns!

:wink: that's not india... the green country linking with australia is in fact singapore, with uhhh taiwan I think... to the left of it is inda, which is clearly bigger..
I like how huge new guinee and indonesia got on this game.... my board map is MUCH more accurate... (and prolly 50 years older!)

Dude..you didn't know Madagascar was a country? Where you been!? everyone knows....:grin:

Just teasing. I think it's one of those things where, if you're not a geography nerd or one of those kids who watched nature shows, you'd never know it existed.

Back
Top Bottom