I need to keep my temper in check

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
that's something i also need to learn how to do. me and the res of my family. we're a bunch of hotheads.

I'm really placid apparently. Nothing makes me very mad. :der: I let ppl walk all over me and never get angry or stand up for myself. :|

I am always laughing. Really. Like a clown. :|

i've still got some cuts on my hand from putting my fist thourgh some glass last weekend :uhoh:

<--idiot.

My uncle had a ferocious temper he was always throwing things through windows - one time my dad - a lovely shy kid - went to dublin and brought my uncle home a toy gun or something and got himself a football my uncle wanted the football so he put a knife in it and then stabbed my dad in the neck with a fork :uhoh:

My Dad lived in a small house compared to the size of his family so he shared a room with his 2 brothers - my dad had the top bunkbed my mad uncle had the bottom bunkbed and their other brother had his own bed one night the brother with his own bed was snoring really really loudly - REALLY loudly - after throwing things at him my mad uncle got onto the top bunk with my Dad and leapt over on snoring uncles bed and it fell apart :lmao: - my Grandad apparently came rushing up to the room and there was utter bedlam :lmao: My dad tells the story well.

And angry uncle was also a bit of a pyromaniac

*Christmas time, family sitting in living room all everyone can hear is click......click.......click......click*

Mad Uncle: Look what I did Dad

Everyone: *looks round*

*Christmas tree is on fire and everyone flees the house* hahahahaha

Love that story.

meegannie said:
I tell myself that every time I visit Interference lately. :|

:applaud: I hear you almost-sister!

I used to have a REALLY bad temper when I was young. I worked at improving it for a long time. I have noticed it creeping back the alst few (crappy) years.

I tell myself that every time I visit Interference lately.

:uhoh: why do i always feel partially responsible when people say things like that?

I haven't lost my temper in awhile, which is pretty amazing considering I used to have the Temper From Hell. It was really embarrassing and painful.

I'm the kind of person who seems calm the most of time, but is always acumulating tension... with any sparkle I eventually explode...

I also have a horrible temper. I'm notorious for ranting in the office about problem students and faculty.

My mom last week: "You always get so angry over everything."

This is why people call me "a psycho." It's embarressing. When our printer jammed up and chewed on my hand, I stormed downstairs the next morning and told her I'd broken it.
"You didn't. Did you throw it against the wall again?" :uhoh:

I'm usually fairly even-tempered, and even if something really pisses me off I try to keep a cool head about it (at least on the outside). It takes a LOT for me to get physically violent and/or start a screaming match.

Reminds me of a story...back when I used to play basketball in high school I was having a bad game and was getting clobbered left and right by my defender without a call from the refs. They finally called him after he basically clotheslined me. I got so mad I slammed the ball against the gym wall and yelled "finally!!" (and got a technical :eek:). All my friends (most of whom weren't even at the game) were talking about it for the next few days, cause no one thought I ever got really angry. :wink:

zoney! said:

Don't get me angry.

You don't want to see me angry. :hulksmilie:

heehee...I think you went semi-hulk when you locked yourself out of your office last week while we were on the phone :reject:

Mr. BAW said:
Mrs. B and I are generally pretty passive; just don't F--- with us!!!

:eyebrow:
Same here. It takes a LOT to piss me off but when you do...watch out.

i knocked the head off a robot with a hockey stick today

i'm not a calm person :uhoh:

i'm not a dangerously violent person...but i'm not calm :|

Back
Top Bottom