I need thicker walls...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lilly

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Originally posted by Diemen:
Let's just say that it's hard to concentrate on reading when you can hear people moaning and the bed squeaking.
eek.gif

Wait, so what happened?
rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
Proud owner, maker and baker of THE U2 cookies.

I don't know about your little DiamondFetishes, but it is highly annoying to hear two people going at it--especially when you're not involved
tongue.gif

I have something that could beat ALL of these stories combined, but I dare not reveal this information (since a few Interferencers have met the individual involved)

Anyone here live with roommates? That should say it all.
wink.gif

Let's just say that it's hard to concentrate on reading when you can hear people moaning and the bed squeaking. Now perhaps if I had somebody with me, that would be call to challenge their noise level with our own
biggrin.gif
, but since that's not the case, it's just a tiny bit distracting.

And we'll just ignore the part about the girl not being my roommate's girlfriend.
eek.gif

it's better than what i have to actually see from my apartment. the two guys across the street insist on having little "shows" for everyone as often as possible.

OH my.

Well I used to have the most ANNOYING neighbors that lived above me. I swear to god.. 3 am on a weeknight.. squeeeeeeek squeeeeeek moaaaaaaaaan groaaaaaaannn.

I got so pissed off that I left a note on their door one day that said.

"Some people have to WORK in the morning and dont appreciate people f*cking above their head at 3 am"
redface.gif

They moved out.
biggrin.gif

When I had a dorm room at university, the girls in the next room were always having sex with their boyfriends, and their bed would bang against my wall. They said I was imagining it, but one day I went downstairs and happened to meet the girl with the room below them. She said it was hard to sleep at night cuz she could always hear their bed scraping on the floor.

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

LMAO sicy!

When we lived in a flat, our bedroom shared the main bedroom wall of the flat next door. We called her Banger Lady. She lived alone.
Our loungeroom shared a wall with another flat's loungeroom wall where the intercom was. Her buzzer about 4 nights a week would buzz precisely every hour. Very annoying when you're trying to watch tv. After a few months of this I started picking up our reciever and shouting "she's double booked, now f**k off". We called her The Prostitute.
Neither occupants spoke English so we couldnt say anything other wise I would have. But I did like to leave nice notices for them on the Strata Management's board in the foyer. Sure they may not have understood, but the rest of the building new that Number 9 NEVER GOT ANY SLEEP!

Have people not heard of moving a bed 6 inches from the wall and that handy little bottle of machine oil? (oil for the screws that is...on the bed....the squeaking...blah)

my last upstairs neighbors would go at it at all hours of the night. bed creaking, floor thumping. gah. very annoying.

but now it's even worse because I share a house with a married couple and their bedroom is next to mine and I can hear...umm...WAY more than I ever wanted to. ugh.

i live in a house with 2 couples and a 5th guy, we're all really good friends though. the other couple that lives with us is fairly conservative in outward presentations but every sunday morning, like clockwork, whipping can be heard coming from the room.

and in maintaining the home network that distributes the cable internet in our house, i happened across some of the websites they have been visiting and ummm, well yeah.

------------------
tell me you feel this fire

Originally posted by Achtung_Bebe:
I don't know about your little DiamondFetishes, but it is highly annoying to hear two people going at it--especially when you're not involved

I have something that could beat ALL of these stories combined, but I dare not reveal this information (since a few Interferencers have met the individual involved)

rolleyes.gif

Let me guess, you spun the "disco ball"
redface.gif
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif
confused.gif
rolleyes.gif
redface.gif

Hi

------------------
Hi

Wow, living in an all-freshman dorm where do I start?

It can get annoying here sometimes because of the lack of maturity, but I forgot, college is all about getting wasted every night.
rolleyes.gif
<---edit, hehe

The guy next door is on a way different schedule than the average college student. One evening he started his night at 4am. You know it's bad when you can make out all the lyrics clearly.

Lately, I've seen a lot of people get hurt in relationships that are sex-only.

And the grossest thing of all is the fact this dorm is like a zoo for human animals. We had an incident last quarter surrounding our big Halloween bash where an individual forget where the restroom was...

[This message has been edited by wannabe (edited 03-09-2002).]

Wannabe.....we should talk. I live in an all freshman (well, frosh) dorm as well. It's like, destruction central here...guys pee in the urinals in the girl's bathroom (used to be an all girls rez, now it's co-ed. But there's still urinals in every bathroom)...sometimes they pee on the floor.

They threw chicken wings down the stairwell...it smelled so bad. Flooded the basement, threw paint in the common room.

The guys from another rez dumped a huge bag of ketchup in the lobby. It smelled for a week.

The sex thing's not sooo bad. My neighbours are usually quite good. My friend always 'sexpelled' or 'sexiled' from his room though b/c of his roommate...

I love in a corner apartment on the lower level, and it seems all the sounds of all the other apartments seem to funnel into this corner, and into my bedroom window (if it is open). I would often hear a moan coming from one of the apartments above me. One day, the couple was on their balcony thingy enjoying a summer evening iced tea. All I could think was "oh look, finally I get to see the moaner." The couple was in their sixites.

Originally posted by Sicy:
OH my.

Well I used to have the most ANNOYING neighbors that lived above me. I swear to god.. 3 am on a weeknight.. squeeeeeeek squeeeeeek moaaaaaaaaan groaaaaaaannn.

I got so pissed off that I left a note on their door one day that said.

"Some people have to WORK in the morning and dont appreciate people f*cking above their head at 3 am"
redface.gif

They moved out.
biggrin.gif

tank goodness we live in a detached house and our old house the woman next door was really old so we heard nought
biggrin.gif

D... first of all, one might point out that at times you have been guilty of the same thing? (except for the not your girlfriend part) Besides, you know I have it worse. My neighbor sings at the top of his lungs all night and all day ( I shit you not people). To make matters worse, my downstairs neighbors have recently added a band of yodelers to their friends. Last weekend I came home to 2 female and 2 male yodelers, and an accordion player live in the apartment downstairs. I may have to move. Arg.

Originally posted by Peaseblossom:
D... first of all, one might point out that at times you have been guilty of the same thing? (except for the not your girlfriend part) Besides, you know I have it worse. My neighbor sings at the top of his lungs all night and all day ( I shit you not people). To make matters worse, my downstairs neighbors have recently added a band of yodelers to their friends. Last weekend I came home to 2 female and 2 male yodelers, and an accordion player live in the apartment downstairs. I may have to move. Arg.

Ok, first point taken (although I'd like to point out that I was extra quiet when there were other people in the same house
biggrin.gif
). Hell, I guess anyone who's "done the deed" would be guilty of being a little noisy. I guess it was the not-the-girlfriend part that threw me off, since I've never heard anything from that room when he DID have his girlfriend over.

2nd point taken, too.
smile.gif
That guy's...well, odd. Plus his little random outbursts - it's weird when you hear a guy say "No! Stop it!" from out of nowhere in the middle of the night. At least he isn't singing at the top of his lungs while bumping and grinding, that'd be too much!

And sorry to hear about the downstairs neighbours. Another reason to get yourself a piano, so you show them what good songs and a good voice sounds like. If mine was portable, I'd bring it with me next time I'm down and we'd team up on em.
smile.gif

------------------
Experience is something that comes just after you need it.

Originally posted by Achtung_Bebe:
I have something that could beat ALL of these stories combined

Does it beat this?

One night I shared a bed with my best friend and his girlfriend (also a very close friend)Thinking I was asleep, they get a little heavy. Then it got kinda worse. They started having sex!!!! I was in the bed with them!!

Her and I were touching shoulders too so you can imagine how close I was!!!!!! I could even here all the 'sounds'....

It was rather an awful experience and almost put me off sex for a week.
wink.gif

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimson sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

Originally posted by bono_man:

Does it beat this?

One night I shared a bed with my best friend and his girlfriend (also a very close friend)Thinking I was asleep, they get a little heavy. Then it got kinda worse. They started having sex!!!! I was in the bed with them!!

Her and I were touching shoulders too so you can imagine how close I was!!!!!! I could even here all the 'sounds'....

wink.gif

*shudder*

Does it beat this?

wink.gif

oh dear gawd...

------------------
id love adam to perform for me..wearing only cologne and a smile

Maybe you're being too hard on your roommates. They might not know how thin the walls are. One time when I was in college my dad came over to the house I was living in for a visit and asked me something innocent like, "Did you and Corinne have a good time last night?"
The women who was renting the bedroom immediately adjacent to mine was just walking into the room and she answered for me, "They sure did--three times."

Dad laughed his ass off.

MAP

I was just going to say the same thing someone else pointed out... while no one likes to listen to or be awakened by something such as this, I bet most people dont realize that the noises are traveling, so if you really feel that you need to say something, you definetly should but just remember to be tactful. I unfortunately was on the wrong side of this once - I had no clue and mortified does NOT describe how I felt, my neighbor was incredibly rude about it - I wish she had just said something quietly instead of banging on my door and screaming loud enough for the whole block to hear!

------------------
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Does it beat this?

One night I shared a bed with my best friend and his girlfriend...

It sure does.

And no it does not involve a disco ball thank you very much LOVE MUSCLE
tongue.gif

Imagine you are on a family vacation, there are two twin beds. One for your parents, one for you and your sister. So suddenly the t.v. turns on and you realize this is their attempt to hide the "sounds". Sorry but no t.v. could hide what was to follow. It was a truly mortifying experience and I eventually just dug up my discman and listened to U2 on full blast. My sister then looked at me with these wide open eyes asking "Could you please share?" So we both shared my discman... my parents hadn't seen eachother for maybe a week because my dad had been out of town... but still...
icon24.gif

Oh Beeeebe. I would also be scarred forever. gah. *shudder*

Isn't it funny how the idea of your parents having sex is so weird? I mean, obviously they had to in order to have you, but still....
eek.gif
I don't want to know about it!

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:

Isn't it funny how the idea of your parents having sex is so weird? I mean, obviously they had to in order to have you, but still....
eek.gif

Sula, parents are only allowed to have sex as many times as they have children, and then it must stop, otherwise... no... ewwww... *gag, vomit, wretch, puke, dies*

Thats just the way things are. Thats something thatd require therapy or something... whooo!!! just make for the door to find the ice machine or something... eep...

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:

eek.gif

I have two sisters and I am positive my parents only did it those 3 times. That's my story and I'm sticking to it, lol...

I had a neighbor in NYC who used to bark during sex. As in, like a dog.

Back
Top Bottom