I need some advice...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, that's right..... Christmas music time. I started a week ago, but then I stopped, because it was too soon. But I think it is more appropriate now.

No snow yet :(

:hmm: I'm not sure which music I should start with....instrumental? english? spanish?

I never noticed how many christmas music cd's we had:ohmy:

My new favorite Christmas carol is "Good King Wenceslas".

BUt there is that other one...... Marshmallow World, which is also great. (speaking of the not-so-popular ones)

no idea. I don't even know who does it.

But it's a very jolly, very upbeat song. I think it's an older one, at least the version I hear on the radio at holiday times. A kid sings it, I think, I don't really know.

I'll get the lyrics or something.... though doing a google search hasn't turned up much in the past

It's a marshmallow world in the winter,
When the snow comes to cover the ground,
It's the time for play, it's a whipped-cream day,
I wait for it the whole year round.

Those marshmallow clouds being friendly,
In the arms of the evergreen trees,
And the sun is red like a pumpkin head,
It's shining so your nose won't freeze.

The world is your snowball, see how it grows,
Thats how it goes, whenever it snows,
The world is your snowball just for a song,
Get out and roll it along.

It's a yum-yummy world made for sweethearts,
Take a walk with your favorite girl,
It's a sugar date, (so) what if spring is late?
In winter, it's a marshmallow world.

The world is your snowball, see how it grows,
Thats how it goes, whenever it snows,
The world is your snowball just for a song,
Get out and roll it along.

It's a yum-yummy world made for sweethearts,
Take a walk with your favorite girl,
It's a sugar date, (so) what if spring is late?
In winter, it's a marshmallow world...

Ah, here is a good page with some good music.....
(can we direct link things like this? better not... just take out the space)

h ttp://www.richies-place.com/ChristmasMusic2.htm

(it's towards the bottom, under Motown)

One of my favorites; a very happy song.
Apparently the orignal was done by Dean Martin or something, but I don't know who did this version, which I like a lot. I've never head the original. Is this the Kim Stockwood version? I don't know.

Great song, though :rockon:

:hyper: :dance: :hyper:
Just another reason Winter is my favorites time of year

I really like it, especially the break in the middle, with the music. It's very upbeat, super-jolly, and that also puts me in the holiday mood, which is a very pleasant mood to be in

:dance: :dance:

I really like it, especially the break in the middle, with the music. It's very upbeat, super-jolly, and that also puts me in the holiday mood, which is a very pleasant mood to be in

:dance: :dance:

:D I just put together and awesome Christmas playlist! :hyper:

The only thing missing is the snow.....

I love having days off.....

No! Not yet!!! :no:

:shifty:

For me, it's way too early to even think about playing holiday music!!! After Thanksgiving it's okay, though. I really like instrumental music... I love Manheim Steamroller!!!

And, speaking of music, I just got Rattle and Hum today... :drool:

---------------

Half days of school are the best!!! I came home and cleaned my room. You don't really understand how big of a feat this is! :wink: It's been YEARS since my room has actually been clean. My parents about died in shock! Now, I think something good has actually come out of this. My mom said I could take down the wallpaper border and repaint my room!!! Right now, my room does not look like a teenager's room. It is much too young for me. This is super exciting for me, since I want to be an interior designer. I can't get new carpet or furniture, but new paint will make all the difference!!!

blindinglights7 said:
No! Not yet!!! :no:

:shifty:

For me, it's way too early to even think about playing holiday music!!! After Thanksgiving it's okay, though. I really like instrumental music... I love Manheim Steamroller!!!

And, speaking of music, I just got Rattle and Hum today... :drool:

---------------

Half days of school are the best!!! I came home and cleaned my room. You don't really understand how big of a feat this is! :wink: It's been YEARS since my room has actually been clean. My parents about died in shock! Now, I think something good has actually come out of this. My mom said I could take down the wallpaper border and repaint my room!!! Right now, my room does not look like a teenager's room. It is much too young for me. This is super exciting for me, since I want to be an interior designer. I can't get new carpet or furniture, but new paint will make all the difference!!!

New Paint - :up:

Rattle and Hum - :rockon:

As much as I am a fan of PRIDE, the highlights of that album for me are Silver and Gold, Heartland, God Part II, and Bullet the Blue, of course. If you have Actung Baby! you can really start to see the bridge between early and later U2.

And there's the Rattle & Hum DVD/VIdeo, which was my first U2 movie, and that is great. Must have for With or Without You fans.

Ah... I forgot about the other JoshuaTree songs on RH...........
I wonder why they never put WOWY on the album version of RH??

Rattle & Hum was my first U2 movie too...it made me fall in love with Live U2.

Exit is one of my personal favourites...i don't get why they didn't put that version in the CD...it's so much better than the Joshua Tree version.

I think I'm gonna go watch that dvd now....

Vertigo Live From Chicago on tuesday!! :hyper: :hyper:

Lemonchick said:
Rattle & Hum was my first U2 movie too...it made me fall in love with Live U2.

Exit is one of my personal favourites...i don't get why they didn't put that version in the CD...it's so much better than the Joshua Tree version.

:ohmy: I HAVE TO GET THAT VIDEO... exit :drool: :drool: :drool: And I've never heard a live version :reject:

Rattle and Hum is excellent!!! Silver and Gold is one of my favorites... and that's an awesome version of Bullet. It's a really full cd... 17 songs!!! :hyper:

So, now my collection is up to 9 cds. I have Rattle and Hum, Joshua Tree, Achtung Baby, ATYCLB, HTDAAB, Pop, Please single, October, and Unforgettable Fire. I also have some audio from Popmart, ZooTV, Elevation, and Vertigo Tour (including 9/21... still can't believe I was there!!! :hyper: )

What album should I get next? :hmm:

POP is amazing!! Mofo, Gone, Staring at The Sun, Velvet Dress, Please, Do You Feel Loved.....:rockon:

I would definetly get it before October and Boy.....:shrug:

I just finished watching Rattle & Hum :drool: Both Bad and WOWY made me cry :reject:....i'm too emotional...

I have a question....if someone is constantly putting you down, mocking you, and trying to compete with you and out-do you in everything you do or try to do....would you consider them a friend?

A friend is someone who lets you help.

I would not associate the word friend with the person you are describing there - too much negative energy being cast upon you, as per your description.

Yeah....I've been questioning my "friendship" with this person a lot lately...it wasn't like this before but it seems like the closer I got to her the worse these things got.:|

I've been working really hard on improving and building on my self-confidence and my self-esteem, but whenever I'm around this person she always makes comments or does things that destroy or damage the things I've accomplished.

And the worse thing is that I actually care about her...but I'm really doubting the fact that she cares about me. I'm not a very open person but every time I've tried to open up to her about something of a more serious or personal nature...she would just laugh it off or forget it a minute later and start talking about herself. And I acutally listen to what she has to say...and I really do care.

I've done nothing but support her and help her through a lot of her problems...but she always jumps at the chance to make me feel bad, and it feels like whatever I do is worth nothing...and she's always trying to prove that she's better than me...

I don't know....I know that this "friendship" is having a bad effect on me...but at the same time I care too much to just let it go...:(

I remember a song, a sunscreeen song...

something about not fooling around with the hearts and cares of other people, and not supporting the people who fool around with your own. It was good advice.

I don't like emotional attachments, because whenever Iget one it influences me a lot. :shrug: I guess this is my way, though.

Nevertheless............
It sounds like you are involved in a typical one sided relationship.

Do not get used to them

otherwise they can dominate your life, and you let your destiny fall into the hands of other people...... even worse if they are people who do not care enough to make good decisions for you.

===

eh, but I don't mean to talk like that.

Basically, I'd just be careful. Don't expect to "change" someone. But don't shy away from confrontations, either. You should say to her what you told me and the rest of us here - that... well..... your own words are probably the best:

I've been working really hard on improving and building on my self-confidence and my self-esteem, but whenever I'm around this person she always makes comments or does things that destroy or damage the things I've accomplished.

And the worse thing is that I actually care about her...but I'm really doubting the fact that she cares about me. I'm not a very open person but every time I've tried to open up to her about something of a more serious or personal nature...she would just laugh it off or forget it a minute later and start talking about herself. And I acutally listen to what she has to say...and I really do care.

I've done nothing but support her and help her through a lot of her problems...but she always jumps at the chance to make me feel bad, and it feels like whatever I do is worth nothing...and she's always trying to prove that she's better than me...

If she shrugs that off and laughs, well, that is her answer...

:sad:

I hate getting so attached...it always seems to lead to bad things...:|

I don't know how to approach this....i'm so afraid of confrontation...

Lemonchick said:
I have a question....if someone is constantly putting you down, mocking you, and trying to compete with you and out-do you in everything you do or try to do....would you consider them a friend?

I wouldn't consider them a true friend. Maybe just an aquaintance. This person doesn't sound like she cares about you at all, and that's what a friendship is. If you care about her that much, you shouldn't completely shut her out of your life. Just because she doesn't really reciprocate your feelings doesn't mean that you have too treat her badly back or anything. Not that you would. Just don't depend on this relationship that much. Make other friends. :shrug:

----------

Maybe I shouldn't be giving advice about friendships. I have my own problems. I don't even know if I have that many friends anymore. I feel really left out. I have lots of aquaintances, but I don't know if that many people care about me. I hang out with a couple groups of people. I have my band friends. I have my winterguard friends. Then I have a group of misc. friends. But the thing is, I don't feel that I'm a vital part of any group of friends.

For example, there is a group of people in band that I consider myself pretty close to. My closest friend in the group is Camille. We have spent a LOT of time together. She celebrated her birthday yesterday. The entire group was invited. Except me. Andy came up to me in the hallway and was like, "You gonna hang out with us tonight?" I replied, "No, I wasn't invited." That felt soooo bad. And I guess they go out to eat and stuff without me. I feel like such a tag-along.

I definitely have a best friend. Right now I feel like she's my only friend. But I don't have any classes with her, so I don't see her that often. Makes the day kinda depressing.

-----------------

As not to end on a bad note, let's talk about Pop. :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

I :heart: Pop. The opener is amazing. Discotheque, Do You Feel Loved, Mofo. That's great stuff. Not to mention Last Night on Earth, Please, and Gone. I think Gone is my new favorite right now. I can really identify with it lyrically, and the music is just amazing. It's such a different style, but yet it is still U2. :hyper:

Gone is definetly one of my all-time favourites....lyrics-wise and music-wise too...

Last Night on Earth is awesome when you just wanna let go...:dance:

If You Wear That Velvet Dress....:combust: :drool:

MOFO :rockon:

Discotheque....:dance:

Please....some of Bono's best lyrics...ever

Do You Feel Loved...another one that makes me go :combust:

Wake Up Dead Man is for a good cry....

Staring At The Sun...another one of my all-time favourites...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sometimes I feel like a tag-along too...I only have 2 close friends...and even then sometimes I don't feel like I really belong.:shrug:

And my best friend lives in another country...and we've kinda lost touch...so I don't even know if we're still best friends....

:(

I just realized, inadvertently, after having a brief conversation with my father and my stepmother, that I am actually extremely independant, and do not have many close relations with anyone at all.

I don't know why this is such a shock to me, but... it is.

And fankly, it came as a plesant surprise. I was getting concerned that I was growing too depentant upon other people...

Eh, but I don't think anyone needs to know, or perhaps could even understand, so don't worry about that.

===============

:hmm: I know Mofo, and discoteqh (sp), but I don't know the rest of the songs, really. Is Stay (faraway...) on that one?

That's a good song, too.

=============

You know what I waste my time thinking about the most on?

Relationships.

People are so ......... etc. I wonder if I'll ever get what I would like in such regards.

Stay(Faraway, So Close!) is from Zooropa...another great album.:yes:

I would love to be less dependant on my relationships with other people....it would really help...

I've figured something out! It is such a great feeling when you figure something out, isn;t it!

Even like.... a math problem, or understanding a concept in school.

But this, even more so!

I can't really telly anyone yet, but........

I want to share a moment of being elated. It doesn't actually happen often that I feel happy, but I do. The joy of understanding

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

======

I forgot about Zooropa :reject:

Back
Top Bottom