I need some advice...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sounds interesting...I'll try reading it later when I'm more focused...

Well, well, well. Here it is, Sunday night. And I still haven't done those english journals. I did one, and will probably do two more tonight, leaving one for tomorrow. This is very upsetting. :|

And that one journal that I have done. I'm not sure that I like it. I was kind of ranting about band. My english teacher is a band parent, and I'm hoping she either agrees with me or just keeps her mouth shut about it. She didn't give us a confidentiality notice. It's nothing bad, I just wouldn't really want the band directors to read it. Of course, I held back enough that if they did find out about it things would still be okay. It would be alright if it was any other teacher but her! My english teacher last year was so cool with these things. Oh well. It's written, and I'm not about to rewrite it.

On the subject of teachers... how's the 'distraction'? Is it possible to be friends? Being friends with a teacher can be fun... I had coffee with two of my teachers yesterday! :lol:

Teachers were actually some of my closer friends in HS....

but what that really means, well, that's up to you

I guess it could be possible to be friends...we have had some interesting conversations in the past when I've needed help with my philosophy or my religion work. He's young too...and a really nice person...one of the few teachers I really feel comfortable around. :shrug: Oh...and he likes U2..which automatically makes him one of the coolest people in the school...along with my history teacher who also loves them.

I got a lot of work done this weekend...and today in school it wasn't so bad. Maybe it was because I spent most of the day by myself...I'm going through one of those periods where I find that being with people my age becomes boring...or emotionally draining.... I'd rather just be by myself sometimes...I get more work done, and I don't have to deal with certain things I don't like about being around my friends. :shrug:

-------------------------------------------------------------------
I also got assigned a rather large Physics project...it's in groups of six...and we have to teach grade 4 at 2 different schools...I guess it dowsn't sound that bad...it's better if I'm positive about it...:shrug: :D

For Honor, Is that you in your new sig?

I really have a hard time dealing with people my age. But I find a lot of it has to do with the environment in which they are in. Some are easier to be around when they are out of school, but then again, I'm not really one to say much - I didn't "hang out" with a lot of people inside/outside of HS. :shrug: We all go down our different paths, :blahblah:

I've always had an easier time talking to adults and such, I suppose it is because of that emotionally draining factor you spoke about, and similar things. I usually suggest getting to know yourself, and being able to work alone, so keep at it Lemonchick. Although, there are some people who are desinged to work better around others, but even still...

And as for my sig, yes, it is I.
(I think it looks funny now... I've seen it too many times, and it looks odd to me, espeically my lips :huh: :laugh: maybe I'll come up with a better one someday, with a different expression...)

Lemonchick said:
I guess it could be possible to be friends...we have had some interesting conversations in the past when I've needed help with my philosophy or my religion work. He's young too...and a really nice person...one of the few teachers I really feel comfortable around. :shrug: Oh...and he likes U2..which automatically makes him one of the coolest people in the school.

Exactly the same situation with me! Pretty scary how similar. :wink: And he actually gave me all of the U2 cd's I have right now... and will be letting me borrow another one this week!

--------------------------------

So, I have to turn in my jounal tomorrow. The two I wrote last night are good journals. But now I feel like I don't want her to read them, because they're pretty personal. Tonight I have to write 4 journals that I've been putting off. She assigned one today that I'm VERY excited about!!! It's about nature. Seeing, feeling, being nature. Wow. I could write pages on this! And my journal is going to be about night, since that is pretty much my only option right now. She told us to get outside and escape into nature, which is pretty easy for me since I live in the middle of nowhere! But it's dark now, so I can't really do anything but night. I will save this journal for last so I can go out when it's really late. It is going to be the best journal ever!!! I'm so excited even these hyper smileys can't describe! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

I'm really enjoying spending more time by myself...there's definetly less room for distraction. Sometimes the conversations i've had with people at school seem like such a bad waste of time...especially because I'm behind and I need to focus.

And also, some of my friends (and i'm not saying this is a bad thing because they're great people and I do enjoy their company)...they just talk to much. There seems to be this constant chatter going on that gets annoying...sometimes I want to sit there and not say anything...but they just keep going. And it's always about the same things...and honestly it just tends to get old because there's not much room for development in the conversations they have....now that I think about it they always tend to revolve around the same things.

So it's easier for me to just stay away and make better use of my time, than to stay with them and get all annoyed and moody.

I wish some teachers gave me U2 albums too :( ...you're lucky, April.

Yaay...I just had a sushi dinner:drool:

you ever.......... push something away, and then it comes back to you?

ugh

even then, you can't tell what's real :huh: :huh:

sushi? :barf:
well, eveybody has their own tastes.

---------------------------------

and, sometimes, the harder you push something away, the harder it pushes back at you. so, really, your pushing is doing no good. you're just exerting yourself, wasting time and energy. it's useless. of course, this is only sometimes. it's like equilibrium! :wink:

so what if some thing, or someone, becomes part of your equilibrium? :huh:

=======

anyhow, sushi's okay with me. My dad likes it alot. I love stir frying stuff, that's my new thing. It's easy to do, and, being a guy, that helps a lot. It sure is nice, though, to be able to come up with a meal when you're the only one who's going to be cooking it.

I guess this leads into my slight adoration of oriental food :shrug: I'm still a bland eater, as when it comes to traditional food here, but I'm a huge fan of chicken and brocolli, and white rice and things like that. A lot of things are too sweet, or too fatty tasting for me, when it comes to general food :shrug: but that;s just my way. Eating healthy is something I like to do, and I'm slowly getting into my veggies...

For Honor said:
so what if some thing, or someone, becomes part of your equilibrium? :huh:

Well, that is certainly a good question. An interesting one, at least. I'm not sure how to answer, if there even is an answer. It was just a physics reference, since I love physics :nerd:, but it may apply to life... somehow. I'll have to think about that one. I'm going to have to look up some formulas tomorrow! :hyper:

*going out into the night to write in journal*

everything is related, especially life and physics...
I assume it would take a lot for something to become fully incorperated into one's equilibrium.......

eh, nevermind......

Your journal sounds fun...... be careful, though.
A lot of things go bump in the night...
and then there are those that make no noise at all! :ohmy: :ohmy: :wink:

I guess you just can't push things away...or you shouldn't...because then they come back to you even harder and...they seem bigger...in a way.:huh:

I really like oriental food....a lot of my friends are oriental and they have introduced me to soo many different things. I'm a big fan of Korean and Japanese food. Chinese also has some good stuff...but some flavours I can't take...they're just too strong for me. Also, I live in a primarily oriental/eastern neighborhood...so there's all kinds of foods everywhere.

I like eating healthy too...I don't really consider it healthy...it's just the way I eat...my parents raised me that way...they're very big on the whole organic thing I guess it's a good thing...:shrug:
My friends think I'm weird when I would eat a bowl of lettuce instead of a plate of fries...but that's the way I am...and I always feel sick afer eating really fatty things. It might be because I'm not used to it...or it could be psychological...I tend to think a lot about what's happening inside my body when I eat certain things...and I don't like what I see when it comes to fatty foods. :yikes:

My only bad habit is that I do eat A LOT of candy...especially chocolate...so I guess I'm not that healhy after all.

And I'm also addicted to coffee....I need my coffee at least twice a day...:drool:

I'm curious...what exactly do you mean by "one's equilibrium"?

why does everything have to relate back to physics....:scream: Work for first term report card is due next week...If I get anything over a 70 for physics I'll be content....

FH, your new sig is great!!! Oreo's are the best, and it's cool how you modified the pic! :D

Dani... I'm sure you'll do fine on your physics! :hug: And, OF COURSE eveything relates back to physics :wink: I'm not really addicted to coffee, but I absolutely love it. I was at the coffee shop for like 6 hours last weekend! If I had the money to buy more coffee I would probably be addicted. :drool: :drool: :drool:

Okay... so I did some research.

According to Newton's first law, a net force causes the velocity of an object to change. Net force is something that disturbs equilibrium. If the net force equals zero, the object is said to be in equilibrium. So, the object is either at rest or in constant motion.

To be in static equilibrium, the object must:
-be in transitional equilibrium (the net force is zero)
-be in rotational equilibrium (the net torque is zero, with
torque being the measure of how effectively a force causes
rotation)

So, sounds to me like being in equilibrium can be a good or bad thing, depending on the situation... I can't really think straight right now. I'll be back later and attempt to explain my thoughts.

Wow....I actually understand that law,shocking..I know...:wink:

I think that being in equilibrium is good...or at least it sounds good. Would being in equilibrium be the same as being in balance? Or something like that....:huh:

I :heart: Oreo's too!!! :drool: :drool: And winter's not so bad either....it gets annoying towards the end,though...and it can be really bad when you happen to miss your bus and that bus route only comes every 40 minutes..... :| :|

Yes, equilibrium would be 'in balance' or 'in harmony'. Which is usually a good thing. But, equilibrium could be bad when you're stuck in a bad situation. You just stay there. You need a force to get yourself out, but they all cancel with each other. Guess what song I've been listening to. :wink:

stupid bus routes! :mad:

Lemonchick said:
I guess you just can't push things away...or you shouldn't...because then they come back to you even harder and...they seem bigger...in a way.:huh:

I really like oriental food....a lot of my friends are oriental and they have introduced me to soo many different things. I'm a big fan of Korean and Japanese food. Chinese also has some good stuff...but some flavours I can't take...they're just too strong for me. Also, I live in a primarily oriental/eastern neighborhood...so there's all kinds of foods everywhere.

I like eating healthy too...I don't really consider it healthy...it's just the way I eat...my parents raised me that way...they're very big on the whole organic thing I guess it's a good thing...:shrug:
My friends think I'm weird when I would eat a bowl of lettuce instead of a plate of fries...but that's the way I am...and I always feel sick afer eating really fatty things. It might be because I'm not used to it...or it could be psychological...I tend to think a lot about what's happening inside my body when I eat certain things...and I don't like what I see when it comes to fatty foods. :yikes:

My only bad habit is that I do eat A LOT of candy...especially chocolate...so I guess I'm not that healhy after all.

And I'm also addicted to coffee....I need my coffee at least twice a day...:drool:

I'm curious...what exactly do you mean by "one's equilibrium"?

why does everything have to relate back to physics....:scream: Work for first term report card is due next week...If I get anything over a 70 for physics I'll be content....

I'm essentially the same way...............

Though there aren't many people around me, regardless of whether the like oriental food or not. Yeah, I'm not so good with the strong flavored things.

But I don't think coffee would be good for me. I don't need anything like that, I have a hard enough time sleeping as it is.

although......... I have a slight weakness for chocolate :uhoh:

equilibrium.......... well...............................

blindinglights7 said:
FH, your new sig is great!!! Oreo's are the best, and it's cool how you modified the pic! :D

:hmm: I think you already know this, but I just want to make it clear - the only editing I did was to put those Kite lyrics in there. I made the "FH" in the oreo's by hand

=============

I love winter, it is my favorite season, and I don't think I could really dislike it. Even when I'm shoveling tons of snow, and it may not be enjoyable, it will always be my favorite season.

blindinglights7 said:
Yes, equilibrium would be 'in balance' or 'in harmony'. Which is usually a good thing. But, equilibrium could be bad when you're stuck in a bad situation. You just stay there. You need a force to get yourself out, but they all cancel with each other. Guess what song I've been listening to. :wink:

stupid bus routes! :mad:

:hmm: .... I am not sure if that means it's a good or bad thing, then. :shrug: It doesn't matter.

=================

I like oreos, but only sometimes. I'm not really a big cookie fan, and not really into sweets, except for chocolate from time to time, around the hollidays, generally.

For Honor said:

:hmm: I think you already know this, but I just want to make it clear - the only editing I did was to put those Kite lyrics in there. I made the "FH" in the oreo's by hand

=============

:hmm: .... I am not sure if that means it's a good or bad thing, then. :shrug: It doesn't matter.

Yes, I knew (about your sig). :wink: What else did you think I could have been implying???

------------------

I suppose it can be both good and bad.

------------------

So... half days tomorrow and friday!!! I'm excited! :hyper:

------------------

Have you ever had a string of bad weeks... and then FINALLY, when you're ready to give up, you have a really good week??? It started last Friday, and the good things have just been multiplying and building in momentum... sigh. Nothing really extraordinary has happened, but it's just overall good times. It's such an amazing feeling to have some good days after trying times.

blindinglights7 said:
Have you ever had a string of bad weeks... and then FINALLY, when you're ready to give up, you have a really good week??? It started last Friday, and the good things have just been multiplying and building in momentum... sigh. Nothing really extraordinary has happened, but it's just overall good times. It's such an amazing feeling to have some good days after trying times.

:yes: I'm glad things are looking up for you. :)

I have no school on friday :hyper: :hyper:

And tomorrow we have a short day because we have Remembrance Day assembly. :up:

And whatever my mom's cooking right now smells really good....:drool:

I didn't miss the bus today...but that's because it came 10 minutes later:wink:
It should always come at 3:10...it's a reasonable time :yes:

I love days like today....it was all foggy and dark...winter's getting close now! :hyper:

I'm just looking forward to the snow....and christmas...you gotta love christmas. :yes:

Wow...this post didn't really flow....my mind is jumping all over the place today.

Lemonchick said:
...my mind is jumping all over the place today.

I'm like that a lot!!!:hyper:
Being random can be really great sometimes! :hyper:
I need some coffee... wow, i can't imagine how excited I'd be :hyper:
I can't stop smiling :hyper:
I'm listening to Mysterious Ways (the ZooTV version) :drool: :hyper:
:hyper: WOW :hyper:

That's a lot of :hyper:
I think it's my favorite smiley :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
It just completely describes how I feel right now!

It's weird how I've started using smileys in my head. In random conversations I'll be like, "oh, and right here I would put in a :huh: " Like today in precal. :huh: I tried to make that face... wasn't really working for me! :wink:

Last edited:
I don't know what my favorite one is anymore.

I think I use :hmm: the most

oh yeah, and :shrug:

Heh heh heh......

oreos%20&%20Milk.jpg
OreoNormalFull.jpg

Don't eat all my oreos, either :angry:
I'm letting you borrow them, for now, Lemonchick.
And you may have some as well, blindinglights7, if you'd like.

but don't get too greedy, (and that includes casual posters, too, who may want some cookies), or else I'll go :madwife:

:yes:

Last edited:
OREOS... be very careful FH, because I might eat them all. :whistle: Oh, wait. Nevermind. They're not double stuffs. :tsk:

:madwife:

Hmmm... there should be a :madhusband:, since there's a mad wife! :wink:

OREO'S :hyper: :hyper: :drool:

Thanks for letting me borrow them, FH...I'll try not to eat all of them....:whistle:

Ooooh winter is finally coming!!! :hyper:

We had flurries today in the morning and when I was coming home from school. And the forecast says that we'll get even more overnight!! :hyper:

Time to start playing christmas music!! :dance:

I have the day off tomorrow!!! I think I'll go to Chapters....and later I can get one of those new Hot Smoothies from Tim Hortons...:drool:

Back
Top Bottom