I need some advice...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For Honor said:
But when the consequences come around, that's when things really start to show.

That's the thing I don't get. I understand what you're saying anbout instant gratification. BUT, we all know there are going to be negative consequences. Yet we still put whatever it is off.

An example:
I am trying to do my homework as soon as I get home from school so I don't have to do it late at night. I know if I don't get it done early, I will go to bed very late. I will be sleep deprived and not feel or perform my best the next day (and usually the next, and the next...). But most of the time I will find stupid excuses why NOT to do my homework as soon as I get home. And, lets face it, a lot of the time I JUST DON'T WANT TO. So there is the instant gratification. But I know that the situation will just be made worse by putting it off. Time and time again though, I will put it off. I know the consequences and I hate dealing with them, but somehow I still want that instant gratification.

I'm really frustrated with myself right now. I'm figuring out that this kind of thing is one of my worst character flaws. :|

I think everyone goes through that in some shape or form

I know I most definitely did. Heh......

It's not a bad thing, though. I think it is just a part of growing. Not neccesarily up or down, but just you and your mind working things out. It's very..... interesting, but I guess it's just supposed to go that way.

good luck.

... back to school tomorrow! Not sure if I'm excited or not... :huh:

And you would never believe how expensive notebooks are when there are no 'back to school' sales. I spent $30 on new notebooks for school. :angry:

The weather tonight is BEAUTIFUL! It's about 40 degrees, and it's foggy and misty, and so very dark. You can just feel the opressiveness of the night, yet it's not overwhelming; it's actually quite pleasant. And since it's misting, there's that rain smell... :drool:

Last edited:
blindinglights7 said:
Sorry, I'm a little out of it... and I don't feel like I have anything to add to the conversation right now...

:yes: Same for me...I'll probably have something to add when I go back to school on monday

Lemonchick said:

:yes: Same for me...I'll probably have something to add when I go back to school on monday

Ooh, back to school. Good luck with that. Did you get whatever homework you had to do finished?

Even though I only had a 3-day school week, it felt like a full week. I was exhausted. But I slept 15 hours yesterday, which was AMAZING!!! I didn't find myself feeling tired at all today... it's very refreshing!

Last edited:
Sleep is good.........

MY countdown is for Thursday, when I depart from here, and officially move in and start college.

For Honor said:
MY countdown is for Thursday, when I depart from here, and officially move in and start college.

:up:

Good luck with that...it's a big step forward. :yes:

How are you feeling?

So we got our report cards today at school.

I looked at it, and I swear my jaw dropped to the floor. Okay, I'm a straight-A student, always have been. Even with my semester exams. But when I looked at my report card, I saw a C- for my semester exam grade in history. :crazy: That was one of the easiest exams I've ever taken, no joke. "Q: Who was the first president? A: George Washington." And I know for a fact that I didn't get a C- because when we quickly read over the answers in class (it's one of those scantron sheets where you fill in the bubble) I didn't see that I missed any.

I'm finished with that class, so I was going to find my teacher after school and ask him about my grade, but I couldn't find him. I guessing it was just a random mistake-- I don't think I'm in denial about my grade or anything :wink:. But I think there is a possibiliy that he won't change my grade. If he threw away our exams (which would be something he would do), I'll have no way to prove that I actually got an A.

Sorry, maybe this sounds absurd, but my grades are VERY important to me. My school has a high standard, as I also do for myself, so this is terrifying.

Oh, April....:hug:

Maybe you could try talking to your teacher tomorrow?

And if it indeed was the teacher's mistake or the computer's or someone's...aren't they required to change your grade?

I really hope things work out for you.....

I've been surprising myself lately...I don't know what it is...I seem to be getting more work done, I don't find it that hard to get started on my homework...and I'm feeling more motivated in general.

:shrug:

------------------------------------------------------

FH-
I know you're leaving tomorrow for college, and you probably wont have as much time to hand around here...but this has been a great discussion that we've been having over the past few months, I've learnt a lot about myself and I really appreciate all the advice and support that you've given us. :yes:

I know that you've really been looking forward to this, so I wish you the best...and please remember to drop by and tell us about college life whenever you have time...we're always up for reading your late-night ramblings. :D

Thanks, I appreciate it.

It's weird, because I know this is my last night as....... as what I was before I went away to college.

I am not close to many people. But I know it will be an interesting time none the less. During the next few days, before classes start, I will probably still be around, perhaps

:happy: I got my grade changed!!!

------------

I got Boy today!!! How exciting... :hyper:

------------

FH, Have a great time in college! As Dani said, I really appreciate everything you've contributed to this thread. You have an amazing compassion, and you have such an understanding of life (at least, it seems :wink: ), which is going to carry you so far in life. :up: for all the advice and support you've given, not only in this particular thread but throughout interference. Check in every once in a while when you find the time and let us know how things are going! Best of luck!

Oh, it's very nice of you to say that.

But I think you'll get yourself hanged from a tree if you say I have amazing compassion in this forum, or.......

well, about anywhere else, to be honest :lol:

I mean, I suppose I do have compassion, but I don't know if it's reasonable to call it amazing.

Thank you, though.

I will keep tabs, of course. Might only be on the weekends, though. ALrhought my schedule is pretty good :)

============

HEY!!!!!!!!! BOY

IMG_1440.jpg

I got it for my uber long 5+ hour ride to college..........

(at first, though, I thought that you meant you got a man, or had given birth to a baby or something :der: )

For Honor said:

But I think you'll get yourself hanged from a tree if you say I have amazing compassion in this forum, or.......

well, about anywhere else, to be honest :lol:

----------------

(at first, though, I thought that you meant you got a man, or had given birth to a baby or something :der: )

:lmao:

uhhh... no I haven't given birth! :no: :lol:

Last edited:
Another one to add to the list of exploding appliances... my coffee bar!!! :crazy:

I just got this new coffee bar, and it's really complicated. Or, maybe it really isn't, but it seems like it to me! It makes drip coffee, espresso, AND frothed milk. So, I was running water through it to clean out the system, and it started making these really weird sounds and steaming. So, I went to turn it off and a bunch of hot water and steam came shooting out of the espresso maker. ALL over the kitchen. At least it was just water! :lol:

But all in all, it scared the crap out of me and my little brother!

:lol:

I'm glad you're okay and no one got hurt...hot water and steam can be very dangerous....:no:

A coffee bar...:drool: I should really get me one of those...:yes:

I don't necessarily drink coffee for the caffeine. Actually, some of the stuff I drink is decaf... :hmm:

I am a fan of the taste, and I like sipping something on the way to school in the mornings. There is just something about the aroma of coffee that instantly wakes me up. During passing periods I'll open my locker, and the smell of coffee pours out... It makes me feel good... :drool:

But then, there's always that longing for a nice, fresh cup of coffee in the middle of the day. I love the occasional cup of coffee or tea I can get during homeroom (rarely, though)! :hyper:

-----------------

My parents annoy me so much sometimes. :angry:

I actually had to leave the room today to keep myself from saying anything too offensive.

But the problem is, when I leave, I still have that negative feeling inside. I don't know how to get rid of it. And I think those feelings carry over into the rest of my life. I feel like I get more and more bitter every day.

Maybe it's not actual emotions, but experiences that make me bitter. I may take out my anger by distracting myself with music, physical activity, whatever. But I will always carry my experiences in my memory... :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom