i need advice and i need it QUICK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beegee

Neon Zebra
i have an unwanted, unexpected houseguest. she arrived three hours ago and already i have realized that she CANNOT STAY HERE. i won't even get into some of the things she has said and done, but trust me, she's a nightmare. i think she expects to stay the night, but there is just no way i can even imagine it.

she brought no money and two kids. all she talks about is getting a job here in las vegas...as if...and how proud she is that she "finally left that rat bastard." she is embarking on a new life, my friends...but she can't do it here. seriously, how can i rid my house of the demon but still be polite?

HOW CAN I GET RID OF HER?? :scream:

:ohmy:

Plain and simple you have to tell her she cant stay there :no: You live in an apartment with a child and two cats for gods sakes.. its just not big enough.

If you want I can come over and tell her for you :macdevil:

Like Sicy said, just be straight with her. Lay it out on the table and tell her that she has to leave.

:lol: LMAO sicy, you made me feel better already. it's her kids i worry about, i mean, what about school? and i actually do have room for her and she knows it. i live in a three bedroom apartment :mad: i should have downsized last year.

oh my god bg:crack:

tell her straight out. she can't stay there. you have your own things going on and its just not possible.

Can you tell her your landlord wouldn't allow it? Tell her you're already in trouble with the landlord because of some big party you had recently.

Sometimes little white lies are OK :)

You probably won't be able to be polite about it...you'll have to be blunt and just tell her she can't stay. The landlord suggestion is a good one...you can't have people there who aren't on the lease or something like that should work.

I'm in your same situation right now...I didn't have the guts to say no and 2 months later, she's still here :|

I'm a firm believer in the outlandish lie.

Say that you witnessed a murder and that the killer saw you go into your apartment. For her own safetly, and that of the kids, she should leave.

Or....

Say fake a psychotic rage. Start screaming at her kids and make her afraid to stay. She'll find another, calm, non-violent, halfway home, and you'll always have an excuse for avoiding her....

hehhehehehehehe

and i was supposed to go cliff diving today

omg, you guys. just reading these replies has made me feel so much better.
you guys made me laugh. i adore you all so much :hug:

i love the murder witness excuse. lmao.

just tell her she needs to leave because you and your kid have a routine set up and it works really well for you guys and you can't let anything interfere with that.

That's what my sister had to do when someone showed up at her door unexpected. It worked.

If that doesn't work.....tell her the murder story! :yes:

i know cell, i love swimming in the lake

i'm free :hyper: not only is it leaving tomorrow, but i suggested she call a guy friend she knows in the area because it would be a GREAT idea for her to see the sights and go have dinner :yes: knowing her, she won't be back until morning.

i offered for her two girls to spend the night with chelsea because they are friends. everybody wins! ok, so now i'm going to take a long, indulgent browse around this, my favorite place.

phew, what a day...

Out of curiousity, what did you do? I'm one that needs to have excuses. I really wish I was like some of you who could just say 'you gotta leave' and leave it at that. One of these days..... (hmmm, unlikely that I'll change now, but maybe) :)

U2Lynne said:
Out of curiousity, what did you do?

it was a combination of everyone's advice, really. except the murder witness, lol, but it was pretty much like arw9797 said, i have a routine. this is my house. my daughter has school tomorrow...all of that. she got the hint.

thanks again, guys. you're all great. :heart:

*note to self - do not drop in on BGIRL while in Vegas.

good work - it was the right thing to do. had you let them stay - you would have gone crazy...

ouizy, you BETTER drop in on me if you're ever out this way. :mad:

you just aren't allowed to wear dog collars with crotch skirts to the grocery store, light up in my apartment, think you're gonna roll one in front of my daughter, cuss out little kids in the pool in front of my neighbors, show me the "toy" you bought downtown, drink my last beer, OR flash passing motorists on the highway...ok?

Back
Top Bottom