I Need Advice!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cjboog

Refugee
Ok, I have really liked a girl at school ever since the school year began, but I just have come to realize how much I like her recently. We have worked on a long project together and gone to a couple movies with friends and I really love being around her. That being said, I am now ALWAYS thinking about her and it is starting to drive me a little crazy. Here is the question: should I tell her somehow (how??) or should I wait, or should I have a friend talk to her? Keep in mind that I am not a very confident person when it comes to this sort of thing. I am going to be a senior in high school next year, and I have only been to 1 dance (and it was a favor for someone else). I know that if I wanted to tell her that I like her, I'm not sure if I would have the courage :reject: . Also, I have 5 out of 6 classes with her and the school year is almost over, next year I am only going to have 1 class with her unless I can get it changed. Once the school year ends, I won't be seeing her every day for 5 hours a day and I will need to play tennis with her or go to a movie with her or something...anyway...can anyone help me??? The best possible solution would be somehow where I don't have to directly tell her, but she gets the point. Ideas?

If you're afraid to ask her directly, you can work something else out, but please DONT have a friend go talk to her. Maybe she wouldn't mind, I dunno, but to me it's a complete turn off when a guy has to use friends in order to establish some form of communication.

You could "accidentally" cross paths a few times. Or, since you said you have class together, sit near her if you're allowed. If not, just sit by her until class starts, or walk out the door with her. Go to another movie with other friends, but arrange for all your friends to have other plans or ditch right after the movie and then say "well, you wanna get some ice cream/coffee/whatever?"

Beyond that....you're just going to have to ask her out! Don't use friends and don't use IM.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
If you're afraid to ask her directly, you can work something else out, but please DONT have a friend go talk to her. Maybe she wouldn't mind, I dunno, but to me it's a complete turn off when a guy has to use friends in order to establish some form of communication.

You could "accidentally" cross paths a few times. Or, since you said you have class together, sit near her if you're allowed. If not, just sit by her until class starts, or walk out the door with her. Go to another movie with other friends, but arrange for all your friends to have other plans or ditch right after the movie and then say "well, you wanna get some ice cream/coffee/whatever?"

Beyond that....you're just going to have to ask her out! Don't use friends and don't use IM.
I agree completely. Had a girl try and talk to me "through friends" in high school, and it wasn't cool, IMVHO.

If it is difficult to ask her out in person, then perhaps over the phone-that would take some of your anxiety away and hopefully make the conversation a bit easier. But definitely ask her yourself, and the sooner the better! Time's-a-wastin! Good luck! :wink:

This will do wonders for you. Life always makes you do things you dont want to so if you can bite the bullit here it will stand you in good stead for the future.

With your heart on your sleeve just ask her out. She obviously gets on with you, you spend time together so just tell her how great you think she is and ask her out. If she says no tell her you still think she is great and you value her friendship.

If she says yes then job done!

I agree with the others who say to just go for it. Avoid using other people, instant messenger, texting, etc. I guess over the phone is okay but to me, coming up to me personally shows that you really care and would love to be something more than friends.

So, you say you don't have the courage to do that. Somehow, if you start to put yourself out there you'll get the courage, whether that's through emotion, adrenaline, or whatever. It would probably be a LOT easier if you didn't just go up to her sometime and ask her out. Ask one day after you've spent some time with her. That way, you're already kind of at ease and you've established and strengthened your connection. My point is it might be easier not to go in cold turkey, if you know what I mean.

Thanks for all the advice so far. Today I sat next to her and talked to her in class when we presented our video project. There are only two days left of school so I better work something out pretty quick. In math class, she sits behind me, next to one of our friends who went on vacation this week, so I think I will "keep her company" during that period and if I can I will see if she wants to go to a movie this weekend. I will make sure to NOT do the following:

1. Use instant messenger
2. Use a friend

If she goes to the movie (if I can bring myself to ask her), who knows, maybe we I might tell her then. It is probably the perfect situation considering there (hopefully) won't be any friends around.

cjboog said:
The best possible solution would be somehow where I don't have to directly tell her, but she gets the point.

cjboog said:

If she goes to the movie (if I can bring myself to ask her), who knows, maybe we I might tell her then. It is probably the perfect situation considering there (hopefully) won't be any friends around.

just ask her out dude, straight up. don't tell her directly that you fancy her -- she'll get the idea (if she cant already tell). do you have her number? it's easier to ask on the phone, though i think they like it better in person :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom