I need a miracle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HandMeDown

The Fly
yep, a miracle that's what I need. I've wasted over a year being sad about being dumped by the man I thought I was going to spend the rest of my life with. I still love him but I need to find somebody new and start to live life again.

So much has gone wrong in the last two years and I'm so tired of being sad and down. I need a miracle, I need something wonderfully good to happen to lift me up. And, I need a man, a real man who isn't afraid when my emotions swing in either direction, one who isn't afraid to wrap me in his arms and love me just the way I am.

So, if any of you have a spare miracle or a great man to donate send them my way! lol

I agree!!! I'm heading there, slowly but surely. I know, I have to learn to love myself again first before I can expect anybody else to love me. I'm working on it, trust me hehehe.

there isn't going to be any miracle,
and i can't advise you on men. i suck at the man thing.
it's pretty much the way these wise women have put it.
only YOU can make yourself truly happy.

The problem lies in that you dont need a man. You want one and think therefore you need one.
You need yourself first.
Its also not about miracles. Viewing it like that puts you in the position of it being something comepletely unattainable. Thats just not true.

Keep looking forward, HandMeDown. You'll get to the end of the long road in time, and start on a new one.

I just want to be loved, it's something I've never had but always wanted. Maybe it will never happen. I'm starting to think it won't. I'm not the kind of girls guys want. I wish I was. It would be nice to be held and loved..... if I pretend it doesn't matter for long enough maybe I will fake myself into believing it doesn't. Oh well.

Girl, if it's anything I've learned in dealing with the opposite sex it's that men like confidence. It's no secret around here that I have some problems with self-esteem, but I do know when I'm comfortable with myself and feel good about myself, I have no problem attracting guys. Guys like girls with confidence, they won't go for someone always feeling sorry for herself.

Again, work on you and then good things will come naturally. :)

I'm just down because I went to a dance club with some friends last night and sitting there watching all the other girls being asked to dance got to me. I'll be fine.

I don't think he does. Some people are meant to find love and some are meant to be alone.

Get a cat. They're cuddly, cute, and listen attentively. :heart:

Seriously, girl, you really shouldn't be so hung up on finding a guy. I have been single again for quite some time now and, while at times I do wish I had someone to call my own and all of that sappy stuff, a lot of the time I am glad I have the freedom to do what I want, when I want, and with who. In the time I've been single I have discovered a lot of things about myself, what I like, etc. that maybe I wouldn't have if I'd been in a relationship.

Just food for thought, chica. :)

I do agree with you. I enjoy my freedom...but gosh it would be sooooo nice to have somebody to snuggle with besides my dog lol

:hug:

Well, I was going to a chat for a while. Left it cuz I needed a break, rejoined it....left it again tonight.

Sometimes I can't keep up with the losses... I didn't want to leave, but I got the feeling that I was just a thing in a computer to the people there. Life confuses me.

I want to be important to somebody but I feel the need to hide because when people get to know me they don't like me. Oh well, that's life I guess.

oh! My intial reaction is "wow, I'd love to meet your friend" my second reaction is "they wouldn't like me anyway". Oh, to have a healthy self-esteem is my life-long dream hehehe

Hi HMD, I really know what you're feeling.
We're not the same, but I think we're similar.

I've been left by a girl I believed so much in.
Months passed but I'm still here waiting for her, my love is not fadin away... I know I gotta find another girl, someone to forget her, but I really cant.
I'm sad and down all the days... and people dont wanna be with a person like me. And I cant blame them for that! I would do the same.

It seems I am (we are) "stuck in a moment". I wanna get outta that "moment", to do that I'm changin my life:
I'm from italy, but I'll go and live in Ireland. I'll go where I dont know anybody and nobody knows me...
I'll begin it all again.
Hope that it will work.

I hope you can find some peace of mind. I spend all my days missing the person that left me too. I know he hates me, he has told me so himself so I know deep down that there's no hope but I keep hoping he will come around. desperation is a tender trap, it gets you every time.

Back
Top Bottom